main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Jack Chick Tracts (Update: Dead)

Discussion in 'Community' started by DantheJedi, Dec 15, 2013.

1. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    I want to know where they play D&D by chanting "RPG! RPG!" before they get started.

Arawn_Fenn likes this.
  2. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004

It's both.

3. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    Don't talk about LARP club.

Saintheart likes this.
  4. Dameron

Dameron Jedi Master star 4

Apr 8, 2014
    I got saved at a young age; Chick tracts played no part in my becoming a Christian. But I've attended more than one church with a rack of tracts and pamphlets for us to take and hand out, and when I was a kid in the pre-Internet days, there were some Chick tracts in there that I read when I was bored. There was one in particular that I remember, a "This was your life" story with a newly-dead guy reviewing his earthly deeds on a giant movie screen and being judged. I don't recall handing out any Chick tracts -- they were only entertainment to me -- and I never saw the super-crazy one about D&D, to which my young self would have had some serious theological objections. But I saw and heard enough similar material in sermons and books that I'm sure many of us understood them on a sincere level. I took them seriously, anyway,

Not quite sure what the point of this post is, except maybe: "Respect me less if you must."

5. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    If you insist...

Point Given , Ender Sai and mrsvos like this.
  6. mrsvos

mrsvos Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 18, 2005
    Ooo....serious theological objections to just one Chick Tract? How cerebral of you.

Point Given likes this.
  7. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    "But...I like D&D, it can't be bad. Homosexuals on the other hand..."

8. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
    No Liars In Heaven is pretty accurate, actually. Some of the others are a little loony.

9. vypernight

vypernight Jedi Master star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    My first experience with one was in high school. We had to do a persuasive speech in front of a rather rowdy class. I mean they tore my friend aprt for doing a speech on why every teen should own a car (He thought it was a safe subject). After 2 days of mudslinging, I noticed most of this was during the speeches about Abortion, which always resulted in religious arguments. Figuring I was going to get blasted no matter what I said, I chose Atheism as my topic.

Now at the time I was a Catholic who took my personal faith seriously. However, I thought the religious arguments were stupid, and after a little research and some modified logic, I presented a speech claiming the world would be a better place without religion because of all the damage it causes. I brought up the history of humans and pointed out the verbal exchanges during the past couple of days. More or less, it was basically, "Religion is stupid and poisonous and I don't need referces because you've all proven my point."

The next day a rather fundamentalist classmate handed me those tracts and began to preach to me. He couldn't get through to his brain that I had made up half of my spech just for the grade while the other was telling my class how rediculous they sounded.

Later, I saw a couple when my aunt told my mom I was satanic and suicidal because I played Dungeons and Dragons, but that's already been brought up by others here.

10. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Maybe Chick just wants the physical land of Israel protected so Christians can swoop in to reclaim it.

I found this tract more enjoyable than the others posted. Unfortunately, the analogy it uses would only be valid if Charlie had the ability to respawn after sacrificing himself.
    Three out of five stars.

11. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Oh man, that trailer looks genuinely awesome.

12. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    okay the chanting is awesome

13. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Surely you must admit that the guy who takes an enemy figure and breaks it one handed while laughing cruelly is also awesome.

14. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    New tract out!

Sample dialogue:

"I get a kick outta doing mean things to people."

"That's 'cause you're evil!"

15. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    That was intense.

16. DantheJedi

Aug 23, 2009
    Well, the Chickmeister has seemed fit to bless us with another tract, and it's kinda-sorta about Catholic priests molesting kids. I bring you:

Mary's Kids

17. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    that was even more intense

they really convinced that old lady pretty quick

18. DantheJedi

Aug 23, 2009
    Found this on Chick.com:

[​IMG]

19. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    I honestly could not tell where that one was going. I thought grandma was going to die of a heart attack and be cast into the lake of fire by a faceless Jehovah...like so many of the really great Chick tracts.

20. Rogue1-and-a-half

Nov 2, 2000
    [​IMG]

I'm so glad she had the decency to send the little girl out before she started telling all the molestation stories.

21. DantheJedi

Aug 23, 2009
    I know I haven't updated this thread in awhile, but I I just wanted to up this to say, there's some people on Youtube who read Chick Tracts, acting therm out and all, commenting on them and the like, but the two best I've found are a guy named Morriaku and a couple of guys who go by TheBibleReloaded. I'd post direct links to them here, but they are kind of NSFW, but doing a YouTube search for those names will bring up their videos.

22. Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd Force Ghost star 4

Dec 27, 2012

23. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I love these. They're so awful and hilarious.

24. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Speaking on behalf of Christians with brains, I'd like to apologize for Jack Chick. :( I'm sorry.

VadersLaMent likes this.
  25. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Somebody left one of these on the shelves of the local library once, presumably as an attempt at conversion (other religious messages are also left with unusual frequency - including a papal portrait, once). I made sure it disappeared.