main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jacksonville DVD Best Buys midnight event

Discussion in 'Archive: Daytona Beach, FL' started by darth-blaze, Aug 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth-blaze

darth-blaze Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    I spoke to the general manager of the Best Buys store and they are doing a midnight event on the 21th; He got really exited once I told him about the Garrison and the Legion. He will tell me the time when the activities will start on the 20th by early next week. Anybody up for it. I will also post on the Rebel Legion & the 501st website I got the XO's approval on the event. I need head count.

2. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    If the event starts early enough then I may be able to make it. I have class at 8am the next day, but I'll see.

Anyone else?

3. darth-blaze

May 19, 2002
    so far I got a total of 3 people, I got 1 clonetrooper(me), 1 Mara Jade from jacksonville & possible her husband as a jedi. I know there was somebody besides you that wanted to come up here. I know that a midnight event es hard for you since you got to wake up early for school, if you can't come thats fine I understand.I just hope that the 501st & rebel Legions wake up and join me, There's couple of us up here in Jaxs, but I think there are frozen in carbonite.

4. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    That's true of the entire northern and southern parts of the state. If it wasn't for Glover there wouldn't be anything in the Panhandle, and the former CO lives there! I haevn't heard anything but the DVD event come from the south in a long time. It's all centralized around the Orlando area. Since class is the next day it will probably be one of those things where I have to see how much work is due the next day. Anyone reading this in Daytona is welcome to join me!

5. darth-blaze

May 19, 2002
    Ok, this is the latest update. Best Buys on Jacksonville, they all decided not to do a midnight release but, they still want us to do an appearance on the 21st from 5-10pm, they are still working the details with the corp. office but more than likely is a go. they just don't know for sure which store yet. Hopefully by today I'll know which store. I'm finally going to start dusting my clonetrooper armor.

6. Jayna

Jayna Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    I'm with you, Q. Whether I go or not totally depends on how blasty my teachers are with catching us up. Somehow, I have the feeling I am going to be swamped with work for a while.

7. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Since I only have one class on Tuesdays, I may go ahead and see if I can go to a later section that day. It all depends on the storms now though :(

8. darth-blaze

May 19, 2002
    here is the scoop. The store want us there from 5pm-10pm. on September 21 (tuesday). There are going to provide us with a place to change. The store address is 9930 Southside blvd. (store number 350) is the store right next to The Avenues Mall. If you go to best buy web site you can get the map on how to get there, I dont know how do attach the map to this.If you guys cant figure out the map let me know I can right the directions here.

9. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Well, if classes are cancelled again next week...

10. darth-blaze

May 19, 2002
    do you know how to get to the store

11. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    I can mapquest it. Right now it looks like Jeanne is headed right for Daytona. I may be heading over to the Tampa area which would make jacksonville a tad out of my driving range. It all depends on what this next storm does.

12. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    I saw that track for Jeanne. BAH!!!!! I'm not too worried because the track can change a lot in five days. But if it hits: BOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

13. darth-blaze

May 19, 2002
    I'm with you, This storms tend to fool everybody. remember Ivan, change course 5 times before got to pensacola.

14. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    I think that if classes are cancelled again next week I'm just going to hit every DVD release that I can. I'll be a super twooper!!!

15. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Hey Blaze, I'm not going to be able to make it out. Other than the fact that my scout helmet is on back order, it still dawned on me that I have a meeting tonight at 6 so I probably wouldn't be able to leave Daytona until 730 and make it to Jax around 930.

Make sure to take pics and post em!

16. Pikaroth

Pikaroth Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2002
    I just wanted to quickly post that if you want to see pictures from last night at the Virgin MegaStore at Downtown Disney, and many, many other pictures from other events, feel free to visit the Orlando System FanForce at:

Orlando System

The pictures from last night are not up yet because I have been at work all day (still here as I type this), but when I get home later this evening, I'm going to upload what I took.

Again, if you enjoy pictures as I know many of us do, there are a ton there (most taken by me, but not all of them).

Brandon

17. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Thanks for the notice Pikaroth! How was it? I couldn't make it and have only talked to other 501st members, so I'm interested to hear how someone else thought it went.

For additional pics, check here

I can't believe I missed Nikki in her slave leia!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

18. Pikaroth

Apr 22, 2002
    Overall, it was pretty good. I can't say it was GREAT because, well, it was not MegaCon or Star Wars Weekends. :) Still, for what it was, it was quite enjoyable. I WAS surprised how many people actually purchased it there, though. As usual, Virgin is a rip off, and I'm dumb founded that people purchased it for $55 plus tax, not at all worth it.

I just went to hang out with some friends and take pictures, but I was *this* close to buying it until I saw that price. Ouch!

Nevertheless, most of the costumes were great, which I mentioned to them while I was there. I'm not one of those people that says good things about all costumes. The fact is that there are people with their costumes that should never show them in public, but 95% of the ones there were, to me, superb quality, and people that know me, know full well that I almost never say that. THAT is how impressed I was.

Was there anything bad about the evening? Yes, two people who shall remain nameless REALLY annoyed me (they were NOT members of any Fan Force, not members of the 501st, nothing like that, just two people that were there), but, barring that, I had a great time, too bad it was raining.

Also, I would have given anything for this to be released on a Friday evening; the place would have been absolutely jammed

Anyway, don't take my negative remarks too seriously. I was very pleased and highly impressed by the costumes this time. I've seen the 501st before, as we all have, but this time everyone seemed to go out of their way to have fun, at least more fun than I've seen them have in the events I've attended. Hard to explain and put into words, but it *felt* good to be there. If that makes any sense...

And, as of this moment, I have yet to upload the pictures because there is no album for it. As soon as Mike makes an album, I'll get those pictures up.

With that, then, I'm off to do... nothing! :)

Brandon

19. darth-blaze

May 19, 2002
    My went great, I was swampped with people. I was by myself for a while but later arthur showed up. Pics are up in 501st website under my user profile TC3126. Somehow it won't let me post them on the album that bones created for me.

20. Pikaroth

Apr 22, 2002
    Just wanted to tell everyone that, finally, the pictures from the DVD release have been added to the Orlando System FanForce site. I won't keep saying it, but, again, if you are at all interested in pictures of events, fans, and all that, we have a large selection in numerous albums there.

Orlando System

Brandon

21. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Thanks Brandon! I didn't even know Orlando had a site until this thread.

On of the FL Garrison members (the Scout with the very nice camera in Brandon's pics) put together a little vido of the evening's events. Check it out here. He only asks that you right-click and save as so you don't kill his band width.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.