main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Jade's Love Notes -- UDC 4 -- Week 20 -- posted on August 17, 2009-- Complete! :D

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Apr 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    LOVE[face_love] great use of the prompts and funny pieces all of them.=D==D==D=

2. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    I would run out of smiley faces if I tried to express how much I enjoyed this set!! [face_dancing]

It was so unique, using the colors as emotions, rather than something else commonly used. Partiulars I liked were Luke using the word 'dunderhead' in Red, and the touch with flowers in Yellow. [face_love]

Blue took the cake for me. Am I that predictable? :rolleyes:

~MJ @};-

3. madman007

madman007 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    Good thinking on the colors representing emotions.

Nice to know that Luke can still get that mad over politics. He should keep the politics to his sister. But also nice to know Luke can come home to a wife who has "selective amnesia".

I really related to Blue. I also like freedom to roam and relax. Of course, my mode of transport isn't the Jade's Fire. o_O

4. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    I just loved the way you used the prompts in these!! [face_love] =D= The pretty, yellow bouquet, Luke's gorgeous blue eyes... [face_love] [face_blush]
    "Selective amnesia" [face_laugh]:D
    Bravo and looking forward to more!!
    =D= [:D]

5. TheSwordJainaSoloFel

TheSwordJainaSoloFel Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 3, 2008
    Red- I like the reversal of roles- Luke all fired up and Mara soothing away his stress and worries :).
    Brown and Yellow- adorable. I can see Jysella anxious over Ben fretting about what to do and Anakin trying to convince himself that he and Tahiri are 'just friends'[face_laugh] .
    Black- Yay! - Scoundrel Jag! [face_dancing] [face_love]
    Blue- amazing what the heart says once you start listening to it.:)

6. kataja

kataja Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2007
    Lovely and muchy set! [:D] LOL Poor Luke, luckily he has Mara who can help him to forget his worries - quite effectively I could imagine [face_love] The scene reminds me of a similar in Destiny's Way that I liked too!

I think I loved Blue most, though, adored how Mara's mind would wander.. ;)

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Reply Time--

Falcon ? you got that right about Mara?s soothing talents!!! The only upside of dealing with politicians [face_laugh] And since Luke?s crazy about Mara?s method of mood altering [face_laugh] it all ends on a sweet note. ?Brown? was fun to write, light and fluffy. :D Nice to see Ben/Jys happy after a bit of ?typical? early relationship stage uncertainties.

diva -- Possession was my fav from Week #17. ;) I?m so glad you enjoyed Addiction. I wanted that to go ovr well with the Cade fans. :D ?Moods? seemed a perfect fit for these prompts, since colors are often associated with affecting or reflecting moods or emotions. Red was my fav here too, as was Blue. :) [:D] !!

TSS ? thanks a bunch! I enjoyed the A/T a lot. And, of course, that bit in Blue LOL

earlybird -- glad you thought these were amusing. :D

Mira: "It was so unique, using the colors as emotions, rather than something else commonly used."
    I enjoyed working with these prompts once I hit on the emotions theme.
    "I liked were Luke using the word 'dunderhead' in Red, and the touch with flowers in Yellow. Blue took the cake for me. Am I that predictable?"

I thought the flowers would be a sweet lovely gesture and Anakin's reflecting on the significance of the color ... ;) Strangely, though maybe not, it was "Blue" that set me on this week's theme... and I'm that predictable too, as "Blue" is my fave of the set. LOL [:D] for your sweet review!

madman ? LOL! Me? I wanna be on the Enterprise ?swoon! [face_laugh]

star ? Thanks!! :*

sword ? thank you!! Love that?about hearing what the heart says when you start to listen. :) Very quotable that.

kataja ? So tickled you found these mushy and that Blue was a fave. That scene in DW is exactly the inspiration for Red. [face_dancing]

8. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    I'm late, but here I am! [:D]

Great sets--I'm sorry it took me so long to read them!

Week 15: I love seeing the progression of Mara through her time with Karrde. Great idea!
    Week 16: I enjoyed all of these?but my fave is ?Bend over Backwards?. That is Luke completely!
    Week 17: ?Possession? worked so well for the Sabre?and for L/M! [face_mischief]
    Week 18: I really love Mara?s thoughts on ?Blue?. [face_love]

9. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Black--

Jaina didn?t have a sunny disposition when she was expecting their first child. It was more like an up-and-down thrill park ride. You knew you were in for a very eventful unpredictable ride. Her mood would be bright and funny one minute, dark and stormy the next. Yet, Jag loved her enough to withstand the storm swells into the calmer seas on the other side. In the peaceful aftermath, she?d smile and hug him and tell him how grateful and blessed she knew she was to have him as her life-mate. Jag would often wink, grin and reply: ?I know.?

Loved them all, but that was my favorite. :p

=D=

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    ginchy -- Hi! :)

Possession was terrific, wasn't it? Blue was super duper too. :D I enjoyed showing Mara through Karrde's perspective. :)

@};-

Vadey -- Black was loads of fun, and I couldn't resist the "I know" at the end.

[face_laugh]

11. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Red: Go Mara! Go Mara!

Brown: ...and he also has marvelous sense of timing. Good boy.

Black: This is the nature of pregnancy and labor... it IS a thrill park ride, all unto itself.

Yellow: Awwww... [face_love]

Blue: Something tells me she kinda knows she's in denial, there...

Well done and wonderful set. :)

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Daena -- thanks!!!

:)

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    A/N: "Eternity" -- Squggles! [face_laugh] [face_love] to Mira for these nummies!

Week 19 -- 08-10-2009

Forever--
    Iella smiled across the breakfast table at Wedge and said softly: ?I?m so glad Myri?s sleeping through the night at last.?
    He grinned. ?I was glad to get up to give her the bottle or a change, after all you had all the feedings until she was weaned.?

Iella laughed. ?Now we can get back to more pleasant late night action, without fear of interruptions.?

Wedge?s eyes were tender. ?There is that.?

Iella?d thought she?d have forever with her first love and husband. Little did she dream or imagine that she?d find another,, last, true love. It was a genuine blessing and a sheer delight.

Always--
    Luke always had a niggling curiosity about his true parents that seemed to grow stronger and more persistent with the years. Beru?s gentle answers led to more questions, whereas Owen?s blatant attempts to change the topic or brusque brush-asides made Luke even more determined to get as much information as possible. It wasn?t a lack of love or appreciation; on the contrary, it was more the need to fill a natural thirst for information and a desire to feel connected to those who might have been part of his life if only ? The need was there, even when unspoken.

Never--
    Beru tenderly watched the newly-arived baby Luke sleeping contentedly and peacefully, and she felt a surge of love and determination run through her soul. Not surprisingly, she already felt a strong protectiveness towards him. Never would she allow any physical or emotional harm to come to him that she could reasonably predict or prevent. She wanted very much to be able to give Luke the chance to have a sweet bright childhood before adolescence and adult cares rushed in. Beru had a feeling that his actual destiny lay far beyond the ordinary and the confines of one particular world.

Maybe--
    Leia?s young days were filled to the brim with classes, obligatory social functions, overt preparations to join the Senate, and clandestine meetings with high-ranking Rebel leaders. She frankly did not have the time or inclination to give the insipid boys her age the time of day, though they constantly flocked to her, with several agendas. One of these was because she was undeniably captivating, the other because a marriage to her would bring political advantages to the would-be suitors. If Leia ever gave a thought to finding a life mate, it was merely a fleeting ?maybe?, a hazy ?perhaps someday.?
    Eternity--

Luke smiled as he took Mara?s hand. ?Today Mara, I reaffirm my undying love and devotion to you. I give you my love, my heart, my soul. You complete me, now and always.?

Mara?s eyes sparkled with radiant joy. ?Today Luke, I reiterate my vows to you. I give you my love, my passion. For now to eternity.?

Luke and Mara were reaffirming their marriage vows before their family and dearest friends. Their ardent kiss that sealed it continued for long moments to the exquisite delight of the assembled guests, and especially to themselves.

*I love you.*

*I cherish you.*

14. madman007

madman007 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    Forever - Lovely exchange with Iella's two true loves; even though one was sleeping. Ah, kids. Is it bad that I'm glad I'm still single?

Always - Nice show of Luke's determination to gather as much information as possible from both Owen and Beru.

Never - Never would she allow any physical or emotional harm to come to him that she could reasonably predict or prevent. Job well done, Beru! Padme would have been proud!

Maybe - Ah, the life of a princess. Must be terrible. o_O Maybe.

Eternity
    - You didn't mention the time frame, but I see this renewal of vows happening when Luke and Mara are in the twilight of their lives. As it should be. *

*Side note - did you see where Traviss (writer of Sacrifice) is retiring from writing all Star Wars books?

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Hi madman-- thanks for the comments. I agree esp. on Never & Eternity. :D :D

@};-

About Traviss -- if they'd had Susan Shwartz & Josepha Sherman -- from Trek profic to do LOTF & beyond, all of us would be squeeingly happy fans. They keep gorgeously true to character and ah! what they do with Spock -- =P~ !!!!!!!!!!

;)

I really can't stop ...

[face_laugh]

16. karebear214

karebear214 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2002
    Week 17 - You win for making me look up the word "balustrade" - Also you know I love Cade and Dee."Addiction" was a great look at that relationship.

Week 18 - Jysella and Ben are adorable together. A perfect perspective on awkward teenage romance! As for Jaina, I can't help but think of JD from Scrubs, prohibited by Dr. Cox from using the phrase "emotional roller coaster"... "I feel like I'm on an emotional... ride... of some sort." :D Love the imagery in "Blue" as well.

Week 19 - I really like "Always". It really captures the quiet determination that is such a core part of Luke. And "Never"... it's great to see that Beru has some hint of Luke's greater destiny from the beginning. I always thought she would have that kind of insight.

Well done! =D=

17. TheSwordJainaSoloFel

TheSwordJainaSoloFel Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 3, 2008
    Forever- With Iella and Wedge being such a perfect fit for one another, I often forget she was married before.
    Always and Never- I always enjoy your interpretation of Owen and Beru. Beru seems to have such a caring heart, it's easy to see what kind of influence she would have been on Luke and why he was always so kind hearted.:)
    Maybe- I bet Leia never imagined she would fall for a Corellian scoundrel. :p
    Eternity- .... Perfect melting mush. [face_love]

18. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Perfect all of them mushy lovely sweet pieces.

19. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Nice look at the couples of the GFFA! I liked the one with Iella and Wedge. You don't see them often in that light.

20. THE_PIED_PIPER

THE_PIED_PIPER Chapter Rep Knoxville, TN star 4

Jun 8, 2006
    Oh, I loved the use of the colors, how appropriate! [:D] Kudos to whomever came up with that. [:D].

Red--

As always, Mara didn?t need the details. She set about soothing his riled nerves, in a most delightful wifely fashion.

*laughs* Yeah, you definately have to learn how to difuse a situation.

How utterly glad she was to find out he?d been having those same reservations about rushing! They laughed and set each other?s mind at ease.

Awe, young love... so refreshing. :)

Black--

You knew you were in for a very eventful unpredictable ride. Her mood would be bright and funny one minute, dark and stormy the next.

Hah! Black for a first pregnancy. [face_laugh] Perfect. :p

Yellow--

He wanted to show the depth of his joy; besides, he thought of her as his closest friend. They also reminded him of the sunny warm way she made him feel when she smiled or laughed.

Very good, Tahiri was a lot like sunshine when she was young, definately. [face_peace]

Blue--

Mara loved being off on a trip in the Jade?s Fire. She loved the sense of freedom it gave to her and once the meetings and other business was through, she often took the time to find the out-of-the-way spots to relax.

Blue is often associated with liberty so this fits well, Your Grace. [:D]

Forever--

Iella laughed. ?Now we can get back to more pleasant late night action, without fear of interruptions.?

Savvy. :cool:

And... yeah. :p

Always--

Beru had a feeling that his actual destiny lay far beyond the ordinary and the confines of one particular world.

I would say so. ;)

If Leia ever gave a thought to finding a life mate, it was merely a fleeting ?maybe?, a hazy ?perhaps someday.?

And when you get that attitude is when they usually happen along. ;)

Very well written, Jade, and I loved the themes. :)

21. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    Aww, fabulous set!! :*
    My three faves:
    Always- that's exactly how I see Luke's questions about his parents. :)
    Never- [face_love] I know Beru made a wonderful mother to Luke. She raised him well, along with Owen, cause he certainly turned out great. [face_love]
    Forever- Lovely, sweet, beautiful. @};-
    Great job!! =D=[:D]

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    karebear -- Thank you so much. :D I enjoyed the Ben/Jys and was definitely going for "normal" teenage emotions there. ;) So tickled you enjoyed the Cade/Deliah. [face_dancing] "Addiction" just fit that pairing. And glad you enjoyed "Blue", "Always", and ?Never.? OT Luke is always fun. I also think Beru would have such insights into Luke?s destiny.

Sword -- thank you! I had a blast with Maybe and Forever. Always and Never -- thank you! I love Beru so want to get her right, and I also believe she'd have that influence on Luke. Eternity -- melting mush is exactly what I was aiming for.
    Huggles!!!!

earlybird ? Thanks so much! These prompts are PERFECT to make mushy LOL

divapilot ? I did enjoy writing the colors = moods set a lot. I agree about not seeing Iella and Wedge romantically as married folks so I wrote it LOL

Piper ? Thank you for your fun and thoughtful review!! Major hugs!!!

dancing star ? I thought you?d like ?Always? & ?Never?. :) Thanks.

23. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Liked 'em all, especially the Leia one and Eternity. Vow renewal! Vow renewal!

Good drabbles, Jade_eyes. :)

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Daena -- thanks!!!! :D I think vow renewal is just about the most romantic thing a couple can do. :) :)

25. The-Solo-Smirk

The-Solo-Smirk Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 27, 2008
    Eternity:

I am not one for marriage vows...Actually, I am quite surprised if I don't find 'em cheesy for once... :rolleyes: [face_blush]

Maybe:

She frankly did not have the time or inclination to give the insipid boys her age the time of day, though they constantly flocked to her, with several agendas. One of these was because she was undeniably captivating, the other because a marriage to her would bring political advantages to the would-be suitors.

Applause - very good Leia characterization!!! =D=

Never:

Beru had a feeling that his actual destiny lay far beyond the ordinary and the confines of one particular world.

Perfect conclusion! [face_love]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.