main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Jade's Love Notes -- UDC 4 -- Week 20 -- posted on August 17, 2009-- Complete! :D

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Apr 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    I'll have to read Keeper of Memories now... ;)

Loved this set, and it flowed wonderfully, and Mara considering Jaina's romantic problems was hillarious. (Kidnapping as a last resort! Loved it!) Good, good set.

And as a whole for this challenge: well done and awesome job. =D=

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Daena -- who better than mara to understand Jaina's "dilemma" [face_laugh] & I loved that kidnapping last resort line too :D Thanks for your super support and nice reviews

:)

3. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Featuring Alida in the final set was perfect. Congrats on wrapping up a well-done job of completing the challenge. Loved them all. =D=

4. kataja

kataja Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2007
    Huge congrats on a beautifully completed work! You have created so many lovely scenes during these twenty weeks and it has been such a joy to read! [:D] =D= =D= =D= =D= =D= I hope you feel very proud of yourself, 'cause you should!!![face_dancing]

Of week 19 and 20 Always and Maybe were my absolute favourites, you captured young Luke and young Leia so very well there! Also I love how these two drabbles contrast with each other, showing the differences between Luke and Leia's childhoods and upbringings.

PS Sorry for late reply on these. Obviously I do need PM's [face_cow]

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Jedi-2B -- thank you!!! :D

kataja -- :* :* Thank you! Your support and comments have been splentab!!

6. path-seeker

path-seeker Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2008
    Week 13: Loved this set! 'When You're Lost' was so bittersweet, and I wish the Myrkr mission had turned out that way. Also, great insight into Ghent and Mara - I could totally see that happening!

Week 14: 'Whispering' is my favorite - beautiful writing there! 'Haunting' made me grin, and that was such a good description of Anakin in 'Echoing'.

Week 15: =D= =D= Karrde and Mara are one of my favorite non-romantic relationships in the EU, and you're descriptions of them from the other's POV were fantastic. Great writing! Also, I like the last one a lot, because it really brings Mara's story full circle.

Week 16: Good insights into Han here. I can totally see him as a morning person, and I also liked your description of just how much Jaina resembles him. :)

Week 17: Quite a range of characters in this set, and you write them all so well! Was Obi-Wan jealous of Qui-Gon and Anaking? Very interesting question - I've never thought of that. My favorite, though, was Possession. [face_love]

Week 18: I can't pick a favorite here: Luke and Mara, Ben and Jysella, Jag and Jaina, they were all so sweet. I can pick a favorite line, though - 'Marvelous selective amnesia'. That sounds about right. [face_laugh]

Week 19: After reading each one, I thought 'this is definitely my favorite.' This is one of my favorite sets. =D=

Week 20: Good use of the O.C.s. 'Frustration' made me smile. I always thought of Mara and Jaina as friends and confidants, and not just relatives, and you show that so well through Mara's thoughts and her conversation with Alida.

I hate falling behind on reading, but I have to admit that it's so much fun being able to read a lot of new drabbles at once! Great job on these, Jade_eyes, and congrats on finishing. :D Your Best New Author award was well deserved, and I cannot wait to read whatever new project you start on! [face_dancing] [:D]

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Path-seeker -- hello there. :D Your catching-up review is so sweet. @};- I enjoyed writing about Mara through Karrde's eyes, & Weeks 19 & 20 were a true joy to write. I do adore giving the Solos and Skywalkers mushy happy outcomes.
    Major huggles!!!

8. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Still catching up [face_blush]

Week Twelve

It is easy to ask oneself: Is it all really worth it?

I really like this line. I think the Solos and Skywalkers probably ask themselves that question a lot.

Week Thirteen

Take a Stand cracked me up. That's a smart girl, finding another date :D

?Every other lady pilot has sworn off double-dating with Wes and Hobbie.?

?For a reason,?

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

When You're Lost was actually really sad - Myrkr with a happy ending. Makes me wish that could've really happened.

No Solid Ground was cute, though I feel bad for Ghent since Mara loves Luke.

Week Fourteen

Whispering - I love the descriptions!! And the present tense is cool too :)

Haunting - [face_laugh]

Echoing - :( Though interesting that you kept Anakin alive for it.

Murmuring - aww!!

Week Fifteen

I like these!! Very interesting to see Mara meet Karrde and start her new life with his crew, and then to see him with her so many years later when her life changes again.

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Hello Nat -- so glad you caught the humorous bits in weeks 12 & 13. [face_wriggle!]

I'm stoked because you're so good with the humor. :)

10. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Wow, thanks!! [face_blush]

Week Sixteen

I love the "all who knew" theme throughout these. The L/M was sweet, and so was the Anakin, but I liked the H/L even more (and Leia's comment about the "high caloric offerings" :D ).

Tongue in Cheek is my favorite. I think you nailed Jaina :D And I loved the bit about Jag [face_love]

Week Seventeen

Very sweet!! I love the reflections in the first few, and Wedge is so cute!! [face_love]

Week Eighteen

Red - [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_love]

Brown - More [face_laugh] and [face_love] - I love Ben and Jysella :)

Black - [face_laugh] and awww [face_love] I can totally see Jaina being like them when pregnant :D

Yellow - woo!! Go Anakin :D

Blue - Nice and aww :)

Week Nineteen

Forever - aww!! And I love that Wedge was willing to do midnight feeding - I want a guy like that!!

Always - I love this :D

Never - aww, I love Beru wanting him and loving him like her own already [face_love]

Maybe - [face_laugh] I don't think she'd ever guess who she'd end up with 8-} I love her thinking that the boys her age are "insipid," though :D

Eternity - aww!!

Week Twenty

I've read a bit about Alida - love her!! Frustration was amazing :D I like Alida offering to help out [face_laugh]

Great sets!! Congrats on finishing :)

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Hi Nat-- :D your reviews were a hoot. I don't think Leia would've been able to guess either. [face_laugh] I did enjoy writing the J/J and L/M mush quite a lot. I just KNOW jaina is a handful when pregnant [face_laugh]

[:D] for your support.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.