main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Jade's Scion ** Chapter 60 -- 10/31 ** Complete

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Kidan, Apr 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :mad:

I can't believe you just did that....

Oh, No not Ben and Jys....You can't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:_| :_|

Great Chapter anyway =D= ...now I really can't wait to see what happens.

FL @};-

2. Draconarius

Draconarius Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 2005
    **jaw hits floor** What...? I can't believe you just did that. They're not dead, they can't be!

Kidan, give us the next chapter!

3. Darth_Marrs

Darth_Marrs Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 24, 2006
    If it were anyone else, I would say it was a dream sequence or a trick ending since no one could possibly kill Ben. But since it is you, and I head read you wipe out main characters left and right, I shall wait and see with tension for the next posting.

4. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    JainaJag14
    :eek: Ben!!! NO!!! :_| He can't be dead! Jys, you can still save him!!! I hope...
    well, we'll find out later today...

Well...this doesn't look good for anyone. I want this to turn out okay. They deserve a happy ending.
    [face_laugh]heh...nope...it doesn't look that good, does it?

Thanks for the great chapter, Kidan, and for the PM. [:D]
    Thanks for reading!!!

RedGold
    Did you just kill Ben and Jys?
    you'll find out today

Claribel
    Wha...?!:eek:
    [face_innocent_smile]

But... they can't be dead, right?[face_worried]
    we'll see....

Now Mara kills Luke and it will be complete disaster...
    Do you know what happy ending means?o_O :D
    [face_laugh]yes i do....doesn't mean that it always happens though...:p

SWpants666
    What? WHAT?!
    [face_innocent_smile]

:_| he can't be dead!!!
    we'll see...

:mad: curse you Luke
    :D

you too Kidan :p
    [face_laugh]

Jade_eyes
    "=D= :eek: :eek:"
    [face_mischief]:D

So... Ben & Jys went through all that... for what? :( Did anything really change? Beyond the fact of their loss ... :_| it means nothing if things go on as they are. :( [face_frustrated]
    you'll see....

G__Anakin
    Great Chapter
    Thanks!!

Do we get anything speacial for chapter 60?
    you get to find out what happened to Ben & Jys

Maul Brady
    I don't think this is actually happening. The events on this chapter don't match with Ben's last chapter where is fighting with Luke.
    [face_whistling]

*re-reads chapter*
    Actually it kinda does... hehe. I'm just looking for a plauible explanation for Ben's attack and to make sure he ain't dead :p

there's a disconnect between the end of Ben's last chapter and the start of Jys' (and in fact there's a disconnect between Ben's last chapter and when Sannah arrives in the Green Room). Ben's chapter picks up right where his previous one left off....

rebel_cheese
    I should have expected this, considering your penchant for evil endings . . . :eek:
    [face_laugh][face_laugh]actually, I thought I was writing a happy ending....

I wonder how much of a shock Valin and Sannah are gonna get next chapter, when they find out everyone's been vaporized. [face_thinking]
    :pdo note, that they're in the same room as Luke, Ben an Jys....

Or maybe Jysella's developing a latent super-special Force ability. [face_praying]
    that appears where her saber is? Especially since it's coated in an unknown fluid, which we know can burn (see Luke firing the lightning at Ben and hitting one of the containers)

Eh, I'm just confusing myself. 8-} :p
    [face_laugh]that's okay...

Great chapter! Oh, and the one before that was awesome. Valin and Sannah=[face_love]
    thanks!!!

Keep up the good work,
    hope you enjoy the ending...which is very quickly approaching!

Alishu06
    what...what...what...what...what...I can't believe you just did that :(
    o_Oyou can't?

VaderLVR64
    Oh no! We'll be having one of THAT! [face_shame_on_you] No killing of Ben or Jys. Uh uh. No way. [face_not_talking]
    [face_laugh]we'll find out for certain in today's post...

":_| "
    :cool:

Flowerlady
    [face_

5. Kidan

Jul 20, 2003
    Chapter 60

?It?s over dad.?

?Not yet son.?

?Why not give up? The Temple is in ruins, I?ve freed those behind me, including mom. Just stop this madness. Realize what you?re doing is wrong.?

Ben watches Luke?s face sag a little, as if he?s burdened by all the things he has seen and done over the decades of his life. Ben feels a pang of regret as he watches the age-lined face and shock of white hair.

His father is old.

He knew that his father wasn?t a young man when he was born, but it had never struck him until now just how old his father is these days. For a moment, that regret lingers there, at all the lost time, all those years of silence and anger.

Then Ben releases that into the Force, as he watches his father shake his head in denial. ?Yes, you?ve destroyed everything we worked so hard to build. The peace and safety which the Jedi have established. It?s gone now.?

?It was never truly here, Dad. It was a lie, as much as everything else the Jedi were living. Why did you do it??

Luke lifts his saber a little higher. ?Because I had to. Because I had to stop all the problems, I couldn?t let Jacen turn himself into a Sith Lord. I couldn?t let the Jedi rush off to die in another pointless war. I didn?t have a choice at all.?

Ben sighs. ?But you did, Dad. You just wanted to impose your own will over everyone else?s. In trying to keep Jacen from being a Sith, you managed to become one your self. I?m sure granddad would be proud.?

Luke lets out a growl of inarticulate rage as he lunges forward, his blade flickering in fast and hard. Ben parries it away, twisting to the side, drawing Luke further away from those on the floor.

In the back of his mind, he becomes aware of Sannah and Valin entering the room, and their confrontation with Corran. Shrugging, he pushes that out of his mind, focusing once more on what?s in front of him.

On the battle with his father.

He can feel his father tugging at his mental defenses, hoping to distract him throughout the battle.

Ben knows that fighting with a saber is more than just a series of katas, that it?s a mental as well as a physical duel. As much a series of attacks, feints and parries at your opponents mind as it is the clash of the two physical weapons.

So far, Ben?s been able to block all of the mental attacks and deflect all of the physical ones. The two stare at each other, so alike in the Force, so different in appearance.

Ben darts in, his blade slashing three times in quick succession, the hum from his weapon switching pitches as it flickers back and forth.

Then he hears her. A small groan of pain coming from Jysella.

Without thinking, he glances towards her, instinctively seeking out the woman he loves as she gives voice to her pain.

It is the opening his father has been waiting for.

A burning shove, he can feel the blade vaporizing internal organs, and slide out his back. Pain erupts throughout his body, and for a moment, he?s glad that his father didn?t cut his spinal cord.

Then he hears her voice, twisted in pain, and misery and fear, as she screams his name.

It is a beautiful voice; he just wishes it was happy.

Then he feels his father?s blade as it slices sideways out of his body. It suddenly becomes hard to breath and Ben knows that the saber sliced through a lung. He crumples to the ground, the ability to stand suddenly lost to him.

Then Jysella appears over him, her hand raised with her saber held there. Ben watches in horror as his dad slices away her other hand, and the Force screams.

Before his eyes, her saber turns into an expanding white ball.

He reaches for Jysella in the Force, joining their minds as time slows down, and in his final moments he gets to watch as that white ball consumes Jysella, his father and finally himself.

The final thought he has before the ball overtakes him is that he?s glad that it?s over.

His final wish was that he had kissed Jysella one more time.

Then the white washes over him, blotting out everything, even as he feels it ripping him apart on

6. Kidan

Jul 20, 2003
    Thank you all for coming out here...especially all of you who managed to stick with it from the beginning. Hope the ending wasn't to sudden, well I actually wanted it sudden, likewise, I had thought about letting the reader know what happened with Valin & Sannah, but decided that ultimately the story was about Ben and Jysella. And I like ambiguity sometimes. So if they survived and got married or if they're somewhere in the afterlife with Ben & Jys, well that's for you, the reader, to decide. I know what I believe, but that's for me. Could I have continued on with Valin & Sannah, and show what happened to them? Sure, but then we wouldn't have gotten Ben/Jys in the Afterlife. It was a trade-off, and I chose to show the ending which made me happiest.

I will say this story has given me quite a few fits. Over the course of the writing, I ran up against mental roadblocks three times, and the ultimate ending changed five times. Two of those mental roadblocks almost caused the story to be placed on hiatus as I nearly ran out of written material. The last ending change occured as I was writing Jysella's lightsaber exploding in her hand, while it wasn't nearly the shock I got when I wrote Saba's scene in Japor it still surprised me a bit when that was what occured. It was this story which gave me the desire to ALWAYS plot out a story before posting it (and Gremlins for why I try to finish a story before posting the first chapter).

For those of you wondering, the occupants of the green room were:
    1. Raynar
    2. Mara Jade
    3. Tahiri
    4. Jaina Solo
    5. Zekk
    6. Kyle Katarn
    7. Jysella

The only character that was not show being placed in the green room was Zekk, and Zekk and Kyle were killed in the container's by Luke's lightning.

Now as is my custom, here're the statistics. I started this on Saturday April 8th, 2006 at 3:23 in the afternoon. My final modification was Monday, October 20. 2006 at 3:49 in the afternoon. There were 192 revisions, with a total editing time of 10,288 minutes (~171 hours or a little over 7 days). There were 184 pages, seperated into 2,278 paragraphs, canvasing 7,057 lines giving us 58,467 words for a total of 258,263 characters (314,498 characters counting spaces).

I'd like to thank my fun readers, ZaraValinor, ruinevil, JediMaster_Jen, _ThatJediScum_, JadeLotus, mavjade, Imperial-Hippy, Thrawn McEwok, SilSolo, jackyyy17, Lady_WinterCelchu, Maul Brady, ginchy, StarFighter5, Meredith_Kenobi, VaderLVR64, Kissa, Flowerlady, Darth_Mu, mastermeg_0228, SWpants666, Draconarius, LeatherNeck , PRINCESSCAMBRIA , AvaVisarra, Jade_eyes, frankieskywalker , Tanith_Shire, TnTornado , Jedi_Lover, Alishu06, voxynking, BottledUpInside, rebel_cheese, RedGold, Darth_Marrs, sabers12, Claribel, Yoda-i_am, evangelion1, JainaJag14 as well as any others I missed, and of course the lovable lurkers.

Thanks for reading!

7. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    hhmmmmm

8. Alishu06

Alishu06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2005
    I can't believe you killed them off!!!!!!!!! :) At least they were together in the end...great job!

9. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    For those of you wondering, the occupants of the green room were:

Raynar
    Mara Jade
    Tahiri
    Jaina Solo
    Zekk
    Kyle Katarn
    Jysella
    There were only 7 people in there. I thought they were alot more[face_thinking]

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Great Story. Happy to have read it! Thanks for all the PMs!:) :) :)

[:D] [:D]
    [:D] [:D]

10. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    :eek:

I still can't believe you did that!!!

But it turned out to be a beautiful story in the end...=D=

Awesome writing and I loved what you decided to do in the end...

I too know what I think happened to Valin and Sannah and I'm glad that you gave us that choice...:D

Until next time....[:D]

FL @};-

11. Maul Brady

Maul Brady Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 1999
    You are so evil how you leave us wanting for more. I wonder if the tank people can actually survive now after all those years. I think that was my question all along, how long were they contained and what would be their status afterwards.

Now I'm upset. Upset that this story is over!!! It's one of the few that was updated at least twice a week :_|

Thank you for the story, it was delightfully awesome!

12. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    this has been such a great story to read. and while I'm not fond of having Ben & Jysella die, I'm glad they've found each other.

I just can't believe it's over

13. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    The ending was perfect, just as it had to be. I also like endings which don't wrap up every single detail like a neat little package. Life isn't like that. So this was...just right. :)

He does not know how long his wait is. It could be seconds or it could be centuries. In the end, as his wait is interrupted by an arrival, he decides it doesn?t matter.

He looks at his grandfather, and sees himself and his father in the young face, earnest expression, and the way he hitches his thumbs in his belt.

For a moment, Ben feels a flicker of anger, but then lets that flow away into the peaceful setting around him. ?So, was that my destiny??

Anakin shrugs. ?One possible destiny. You made a decision, this is the outcome. If you had made a different one?who knows??

Ben cocks an eyebrow. ?I thought the dead were supposed to be all-knowing.?

Anakin smiles a half-smile - a twisting of one corner of his lips. ?Do you know everything??

Loved that exchange. =D=

A story you should be very, very proud of. :D

14. rebel_cheese

rebel_cheese Jedi Master star 4

Jul 6, 2006
    See what I mean? Eviiiiiiiiiil ending. [face_shame_on_you] You just had to kill everyone at the end, didn't you? [face_shame_on_you] [face_shame_on_you]

:p

Great fic to read, and despite the fact that nearly everyone was dead at the end, it was nice that Ben and Jysella will have a pleasant afterlife. As for the people in the green room . . . I agree, I thought there would be more than seven. Or was it just seven 'notable' Jedi you mentioned there? [face_thinking]

Not surprising that Jaina and Kyle were among the 'occupants' of the green room. They're the types to resist this sort of thing.

Great story. =D= As people have said, this is a story you should be proud of.

15. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Wow,

Sorry I didn't stick with the story during its entire run.

The ending gave me quite a shock...

Do you mean to say that Luke, LUKE is EVIL and the good guy: Ben actaully got killed?!

The bad guys won?!

Anyway, looking forward to your next epic featuring our favourite pairing: Beniri!

:) ;)

16. Princess Cambria

Princess Cambria Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2006

Ben stands up, and steps forward. As soon as he does, her eyes focus on him and she bolts into his arms. She looks up to him, as he looks down at her, and their lips find each other. With a start, he realizes that the feelings of joy and welcome which he had felt when he first opened his eyes were nothing in comparison to what he felt now.

Now. After all the years of running, of searching.

After all the fights and battles.

Now, he was home.

Absolutely wonderfully written. Loved all the twists and turns. I liked the way you wrote the scenes in the different pov's. That was unique. Looking forward to your next endeavor.=D=

17. Draconarius

Draconarius Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 2005
    I can't believe you killed them off. Definitely a... different way to end a story. It's very rare to find one that can pull off killing the main characters, but I think this one did it. Incredible work, Kidan=D= . I look forward to your next fic.

However, could you please NOT kill everyone this time?

Draco.

18. Claribel

Claribel Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2006
    :eek:
    Ok, I didn't expect that! I'm probably hopeless optimist.:p
    But I loved the ending! At least they ended up together.
    And i actually felt sorry for Luke...
    Anyway, thanks for s great story! =D=

19. Darth_Marrs

Darth_Marrs Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 24, 2006
    I can. But at least he killed them with style. Very nicely done!

20. BottledUpInside

BottledUpInside Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 28, 2005
    This was a truly incredable story! Creative, well thought out and written perfectly!

I can believe you killed them off....I just don't want to :p At least they took Luke with them...

Amazing job through and through!

21. Meredith_Kenobi

Meredith_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    She stumbles forward, her legs not quite wanting to work, as Luke pulls his saber from Ben, slicing away through the chest of the man she loves.

:eek: NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Now, he was home.

Holy freakin' crap.

[face_thinking] I KNEW you were gonna kill off people.

I have mixed feelings on this ending. Of course on the one hand it was sad cause they died...but it was also beautiful and poetic becasue they got to be together and be happy.

Wow wow wow, what an ending. Wow wow wow, what a story.

22. JainaJag14

JainaJag14 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 27, 2006
    Wow. :eek: I didn't expect that ending. Although I wish that they had lived through it, I'm glad that they still have each other in the Afterlife. [face_love]

Sorry that I came into the game so late, Kidan, bit that was a great story, and thanks for the PMs. [:D]

23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Wow, I did not see the end coming.. right then anyway :D

Very unique read that was for me, happiness and light and mush fan that I am! :D

I'm rather hooked on the unexpected plot twists now--as well as the cliffie, which I've always been tantalized by.

=D= @};-

24. Tanith_Shire

Tanith_Shire Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 24, 2004
    NOOOOOOOOO! This story can't be over! I look forward to reading new installments and now there aren't any. Evil Author killing Ben and Jysella. Will there be a sequel? I want to know what happens to the tanked Jedi and Valin and Sannah. Not to mention whether Luke, Jacen, and Corran get their comeupance.

I've really enjoyed this story and withdrawl from it will be painful.

25. sabers12

sabers12 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2005
    wow! that was an abrupt ending. can't believe it's over.. so wat happened to jacen? was he killed?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.