main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jagged Fel vs Kyp Durron

Discussion in 'Literature' started by BigSllim, Jul 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    It's how many years you existed, it's just not your age. After all, if you count the time I spent developing in my mother, I'm 18 now. I existed then, didn't I, even if I wasn't developed into a person yet? I think it's how old your body and mind are, not how long you've existed for.

2. Obi_Wans_love_child

Obi_Wans_love_child Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2001
    No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not the Simpsons. I live for their halloween episodes. Long live Kang and Kodos.

OWLC

3. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    Well, if you ask my parents, especially my pro-life father, you'll definitely hear them say that I was alive the moment I was conceived. However, notice that I said the instant you come out of your mother up there a few posts. That's when the clock "officially" starts on us, just because people say so. But don't try and tell me that babies aren't aware inside the uterus, because I don't believe it for a minute.

In the same account, what do you have besides a few sci fi stories to back up your claim that if a person is frozen for 1000 years and then wakes up he's still only the same age that he was when he was frozen? I'm using actual logic here that states that time still passes regardless. I referred to sci fi examples but not as my actual proof. I'm sure that Frye's friends in Futurama think of him as 20 years old. It seems that science fiction likes to make it so you don't age, but I'm pointing out that however you try and bend it, Frey's still technically over 1000 years old. Technically.

Jae Angel

4. Obi_Wans_love_child

Aug 30, 2001
    This argument is beginning to look like someone banging their head against the wall over and over and over. :D

OWLC

5. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Yes, I think that person would be me. Rebecca's argument is more like her argument about why Kyp and Jaina don't belong together. She's like "Well, I just don't like it that way, so it's not going to happen that way!" :p

Jae Angel

6. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    I'm sick of this debate.

I'm going elsewhere.

Go ahead and fight amongst yourselves.

I'm holding out for K/J, and none of you J/Jers will change my mind.

I'm not going to change your minds. I've tried.

We're all welcome to our own opinions about this. We may or may not be happy with what happens.

Finally . . .

WE HAVE NO SAY IN THIS. IT'S ALREADY DECIDED AND PROBABLY ALREADY WRITTEN.

If anyone wants to talk to me, find me in the Jedi Kyp Durron Fan Club, or the Kyp and Jaina 4Ever thread, as long as it stays around. Or I'll be in my ***Kyp and Jaina*** fanfic threads.

Dana

7. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    Still talking about the freezing? IT WAS A BIG NOTHING! Han said that! Argument over, he was aging :)

This is what happens when you ignore me :)

8. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    But don't try and tell me that babies aren't aware inside the uterus, because I don't believe it for a minute.

Well, they are aware at some point, but it's far closer to birth then conception, probably. But I really do not want to get into THIS topic... I spent quite a bit of time today debating abortion in the Senate Floor, and just ended up aggrivated.

Edit: Oh, and SW is sci fi, so why not use other sci fi to back it up? :p

Seriously though, all of you that say this is OT are right...

9. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    WHA-! Where was I when this thread turned into an abortion discussion?

10. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    It's not an abortion discussion, but whether or not there is consciouscness before birth is related to that. And I don't want to get into ANYTHING even remotely related to abortion right now.

Edit: AHHH, I keep finding more typos!

11. Jedi_StarDust

Jedi_StarDust Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 27, 2002
    Rogue, I was just about to ask the same... ;) Then again, I haven't been on this thread in a few days so I need to catch up.

*StarDust*

12. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    Sorry...I'm just a little confused right now...*trails off*

*Wanders out of thread*

13. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    When did I mention ANYTHING about abortion? :p Becca, it's only an abortion discussion when people talk about aborting babies. Not when you talk about whether babies can hear and respond to stimuli inside the uterus. They did research about how talking to your unborn child might have some positive effects so now every yuppie breaks out the headphones and plays Beethoven to their stomach! :p Totally unrelated to abortion! ;)

Jae Angel

14. Duke-Dogwalker

Duke-Dogwalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 2, 2002
    um, NarundiJedi? I think I might have a go at shooting some very big holes in your argument. Sorry.

If you look back to how the cryo/freezing thingy was introduced into this thread, i think it was in realation to han and leia. It was argued that the time spent in carbonite did not count when comparing han's age with leia's.

But you say that the years that pass are most important, regardless of the state of the body or mind.

Okay so lets change things a bit. Lets but han into carbonite when he's a baby and keep him there for 30 years. When we let him out, is he older than leia? Or is he just perhaps a little baby. I think he's a baby, not a man in his thirties.

On the scientific side i suppose it makes a bit more sense, but when you take relativity into account.... I dunno, it's way too complicated for me!

15. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    He's awake in there, so IMO hed grow in there. COurse, hed eventually run out of space and deform

16. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Let's just realize something: You people are arguing the relative side of things. Of course a baby is going to look like just a baby even though they've been in existance for thirty years.

But realize that I'm arguing a totally different point. Regardless of whether the baby is seen as a baby by the people around him, he's still technically thirty years old. So what? He'll live for an extra thirty years than he would have if they hadn't frozen him. Isn't the point of suspended animation to be able to survive for a longer amount of time? Maybe to be able to survive until a cure can be found for a genetic or other type of disease?

I dunno, it seems like we're arguing a trivial point here. Just realize that, yes, he's a baby. But yes, that baby's been around for a while, albeit in carbon freeze. Better yet, go watch Encino Man. There's a good example of both of our points. The guy can't be more than "20 years old" but he still behaves like he's from the Stone Age, BECAUSE HE'S THAT OLD! There, used fiction to prove my point. Maybe now people will actually believe me! :p

Jae Angel

17. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Wow, this thread has run more off course than "For Anakin Solo Fans Only" did.

18. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    I didn't even mean to bring the abortion thing up. I was just in a pissed off mood from the Senate Floor, and then I saw the whole thing with babies being aware, and I dunno, I just.... lol this it OT.

19. SWMara

SWMara Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2001
    This is so frustrating! I hoped Ylesia would give us something new to talk about... Hints for DW that would make us want it even more. Nothing...
    What Lianna stated earlier could be right, but it doesn't have to...
    I don't know if I'm looking forward to DW anymore... :(

20. DarkWoman

DarkWoman Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    Personally I prefer Jag... There's probably more to him than he shows. He's just very private. :p I kind like that... The mysterious type can be so charming. :D

21. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    *Ylesia Spoilers*
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    Well I think Ylesia was fairly clear there is a "thing" going on between Jaina and Kyp and I like that. They're repeated denials of something yet Jacen mr. "I can pick up on anything" is a very very very very very cute stuff.

I *HATED* Jag in this one though, ironically as I liked he loosened up. The fact he made a pass at Jainia was hilarious in my mind and the way she...ahem turned it down.

22. Obi_Wans_love_child

Aug 30, 2001
    Didn't Jagged end up participating in much smooching with Jaina?

OWLC

23. SWMara

May 28, 2001
    I begin to wonder where all the K/J supporters get their hopes from...
    Jaina could be in denial as Kyp obviously was in RD, but who says she's not sure and serious? :(

24. Obi_Wans_love_child

Aug 30, 2001
    Not knowing my friend SWMara is the good part. If you knew one way or another would things be as exciting? I like not knowing every little thing going through each characters mind. Its tough to truly ponder when things are spelled out for you.

OWLC

25. SWMara

May 28, 2001
    I'm just so damn frustrated! WJW gave hints that there would be something between Kyp and Jaina and now there was nothing and I lost faith there will be in DW.
    Well, it's partly my fault because I got so obsessed with this. But I could've screamed when I got back from holidays today.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.