main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jagged Fel vs Kyp Durron

Discussion in 'Literature' started by BigSllim, Jul 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi_Wans_love_child

Obi_Wans_love_child Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2001
    Actually WJW told us who had scenes together not much else. He told us to connect the dots as we will.

OWLC

2. SWMara

SWMara Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2001
    He also said that the situation would not be resolved in DW. But there has to be something including Kyp first or there will be nothing to be resolved...
    I start believing some authors are just mean. If there will be nothing between K/J he shouldn't have made those comments. :mad:

3. Obi_Wans_love_child

Aug 30, 2001
    Ah but his comment on nothing being settled meant just that. He never said it was worked on. So we never know if the relationships are worked on or not. WJW knew people would read way too much into his statements thus saying them to increase excitement.

OWLC

4. SWMara

May 28, 2001
    Yes, and that's what's mean! I hate it when they imply something and don't hold on to the implications. :mad:
    I'm disappointed and sad now. :(
    And I'll wait for some spoilers regarding J/J/K and decide then if I'll buy DW in HC. There you got it, WJW! :p

5. The_Standmaiden

The_Standmaiden Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 28, 2002
    Wait for the paperback. It will probably have Ylesia in it.

6. Obi_Wans_love_child

Aug 30, 2001
    But implications never said anything deffinite. All they said was read into what I saw as you may. Which means if you go the wrong direction shame on you.

Are you saying you only will read the DW for K/J not for the story?

OWLC

7. SWMara

May 28, 2001
    WJW knew exactly what he was causing with his implications so rather shame on him...
    I'm just tired of waiting!
    And no, I'm not saying I'll only read DW for K/J because there probably will be no K/J. I'll read it anyway, of course. I'm just thinking about waiting for the pb this time as a kind of protest. Last time I didn't want to wait they killed off my favourite character, what will happen this time?

8. Obi_Wans_love_child

Aug 30, 2001
    Ummmmm intergalatic war with a species from outside it?

:D

OWLC

9. SWMara

May 28, 2001
    That's been happening since VP already, it's old... :D

10. Obi_Wans_love_child

Aug 30, 2001
    Ummmmmmmmmm the Vong get gas?

OWLC

11. Jaded Skywalker

Jaded Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 1999
    SWMara: I am with you on that one. I was misled by WJW comments just because that is what I wanted to hear. Oh well. We can still hope for more of Kyp in DW. :)

12. SWMara

May 28, 2001
    I don't have any hopes. Not anymore. I will not trust a SW author again. Not even Greg Keyes...
    In the info on Ylesia it sounded as if Kyp would play a major role...
    Well, at least until my mood changes... :D

13. Aunecah_Skywalker

Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 25, 2002
    Synopsis can be misleading. ;)

Aunecah_Skywalker

14. Revived_AnakinSolo

Revived_AnakinSolo Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 26, 2002
    what happened concerning J/J, and concerning J/K in ylesia, i dunno how to get ebooks and stuff so i sorta dunno whats goin....if any1 could help me out here, i'd appreciate it.

15. SWMara

May 28, 2001
    Go back 2 or 3 pages and read the posts. Or go to the Ylesia threads...

16. Darth_Meh

Darth_Meh Jedi Youngling

Sep 14, 2002
    But you must realize that Jaina will marry Zekk. It is pretty obvious, he has known her the longest out of all of them and has been devoted to her for years

17. SWMara

May 28, 2001
    It's Kyp who has known her the longest. Not that it's a reason people should end up together...

18. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    I've been devoted to Natalie Portman a long time too, it doesn't change much

:)

It's funny really but John Williams also says the fans are responsible for bringing Kyp into this love triangle which was going to be a fairly straight-forward romance with Jag (as added by Stackpole) to begin with.

I admit I actually do see the parrallels. Jag is the straight laced ardent suitor who is perfect for Jainia in some respects (ignoring he's a godless facist worshipping Thrawn's memory) while Kyp (ignoring he's a war crimminal who brain played with her) is the bashful not suitor at all who nevertheless is extremely attractive to her.

19. Obi_Wans_love_child

Aug 30, 2001
    It's funny really but John Williams also says the fans are responsible for bringing Kyp into this love triangle which was going to be a fairly straight-forward romance with Jag (as added by Stackpole) to begin with.

Wow I did not know John Williams also wrote Star Wars stuff. I always thought he just did the score for the movies and many other movies. My god that man is talented. :p

OWLC

20. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Yeah that man is going to catch so much flak for his name

21. Guinastasia

Guinastasia Force Ghost star 6

Jun 9, 2002
    Jag is not a fascist Thrawn worshipper.

And it's spelled fascist, not facist.

22. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    My apologies for the typo

23. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    May I say one thing:

HOW THE HECK can the fans be responsible for ANYTHING in the books, such as Kyp being pulled into the love triangle? Allowing the fans to dictate the story like that is really unprofessional, and I don't believe that fans had anything to do with Kyp being a part of the triangle.

Here's why:

1. Kyp/Jaina fans, while we may have a loud voice on here, are few and far between. Take a look over in the fanfic forum and notice that the majority of fanfics are Jaina/Jag. This is because the majority of the fans are Jaina/Jag. Therefore, what message do you think that would send the authors? Definitely not one that fans want to see more Jaina/Kyp!

2. Who is this John Williams? I've never heard of him before! :p I've only heard of the composer John Williams. Unless he's revealed to be some big, all-knowing guy from Del Rey (not even the authors know all) then I'm going to think of this as an opinion statement. Of course it looks like it was set up to be Jaina/Jag all along. You don't have to be perceptive to notice THAT with Stackpole's clumsy and cliched foreshadowing. But half the fun of the triangle is not knowing if things will change in the future. ;)

3. For somebody to give out such information at this point in the game would be stupid if they were actually correct and speaking as an official source. You'd lose reader interest. Therefore, I state again that I believe this statement to be one man's opinion. :)

End rant.

Jae Angel

24. Obi_Wans_love_child

Aug 30, 2001
    Now there is this author names Walter John Williams and he seems to have some know how about the NJO and its path and its history. Maybe he knows this John Williams person. :p

I do love it when NJ rants. :p

OWLC

25. Kyp_Jaina_Jag

Kyp_Jaina_Jag Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 15, 2002
    DantanaSkywalker, I've read all your posts on this topic. I like you're posts the best, probably since I agree with all of them. Could you send me a link to your fanfic?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.