main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jaina and Kyp? Never gonna happen

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jag_Fel, Jan 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jag_Fel

Jag_Fel Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 8, 2002
    Ok all you kyp lovers out there, this might break your heart but here it goes.

Sorry to tell you, but at the time of EoV2, jaina is 19 and kyp is about 33, making it a bit impossible for them to get together.

However, Jag Fel is only 21, so that looks very promising.

2. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    No again, Jar Jar...

3. Elite_Guard

Elite_Guard Jedi Master star 2

Oct 7, 2001
    does she actually have to be with another main character, cant it be someone that the readers haven't met yet...

4. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    I think it will be Jaina and Jag.

But I have other reasons for believing so...

5. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    "No again, Jar Jar..."

I'd rather suggest Gragra. [face_plain]

6. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    Jessica Alba is 19ish and marrying someone in his early thirties. It happens.

The USA sucks

No...

George Lucas is on Crack

No...

Anikan Solo is not dead

No, but Anakin is :)

Timothy Zhan hasn't written a Star Wars book in five years
    What is there to live for?

Dont think Zhan ever has :)

7. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    "does she actually have to be with another main character, cant it be someone that the readers haven't met yet..."

THANK YOU!!! Finally, someone who sees it the same way I do! If they wanted people to fall in love with Mr. Fel in the same way that we did some of the other characters then they should have featured him in every book since his conception up until DJ. I know that he has a big fan base, but to me he's just another Boba Fett who had a few lines and started a craze. If they want Jaina to fall in love with someone that ALL the fans will like (or most of them at least) then they should make a character and put him in the darn books, give him a big role, and give him some believeable characteristics. None of this "ace pilot" stuff. I hate uber characters! At least if he's an ace pilot or an ace jedi then give him some other flaws like our friend Kyp. Maybe Jaina can fall in love with an honest to god DARK JEDI! If they can invent an ace pilot nephew for Wedge then they can invent a dark jedi. :)

Jae Angel

8. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    It has been known to happen.

So there's ten years + difference, love does not recognise such boarders.

Some might say such a couple will have a shorter time together.

What they get is what, as Death says in Neil Gaiman's Sandman, is what everyone gets, they get a lifetime.

Jedi Ben

9. Cypher18

Cypher18 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 1, 2001
    I severly hope that Kyp and Jaina do not get together.

10. Black_Hole

Black_Hole Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2001
    Hes too old and reckless. If I were han I would have a huge problem with Jaina getting together with someone about his age. And Hes Not even rich!!!!!!!!!

11. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Ugh, Jaina doesn't need a rich man! She needs someone that she loves and who loves her. Period. End of story.

Jae Angel

12. Rogue_Starbuck

Rogue_Starbuck Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2000
    Why would money be an issue in love? Do you suddenly stop loving someone because they have more/less money than you? That's pretty shallow.

And Jaina will get together with Jag, IMO. :)

*counts down the days till Dark Journey is released.*

R.

13. Black_Hole

Black_Hole Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2001
    I was being sarcastic. Have you ever seen the movie HeartBreakers? I had to sit through it, but the plot is where girls marry rich men and make them cheat on other girls they know and they devorce them and get lots o cash.

14. AmazingB

AmazingB Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2001
    Just to play Devil's advocate:

Why does Jaina have to get involved with anybody? Why is it that every major character has to have a significant other?

Amazing.

15. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    That's another good point. If she doesn't want to hook up with anybody then it's her decision. Frankly I think it's a good one for her at this moment. Hooking up shouldn't be a top priority with the Vong invading. :)

Jae Angel

16. LanceJade

LanceJade Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 26, 2001
    Not this again....

17. jainasolo2001

jainasolo2001 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2001
    I'm pro-Jaina and Jag, but if that doesn't work, Jaina and Zekk works out quite nicely.

18. Lord_Riven

Lord_Riven Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    No way, sincerely I hope not, Kyp and Jaina no way, Jag maybe, Zekk is more like a brother to her

Side Question: Where do Jedi get their money?????????

19. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    While I agree that pairing the two as a couple is a terrible idea, age difference never came up in my descion. Han is something like ten or twelve years Leia's senior, yet they got married. In his introduction in Jedi Search, Kyp was about eighteen, while Jaina was was two and a half. That actually suggest that the difference is either thirteen and a half to fourteen years of age. That's terribly close to the age difference between Han and Leia. Age should not factor into this.

20. VeGeX

VeGeX Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 15, 2001
    I don't mind the age difference much, but I don't think Jaina and Kyp should get together

Jaina doesn't exactly like Kyp very much and I think Jag and Zekk would have a much better chance of getting Jaina

Kyp should be with some other girl, preferably a jedi whom Kyp turned from the dark side

21. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Better look out then, because if what someone mentioned about a story appearing in Gamer is true..... well, as this isn't a spoiler thread, if you really want to know, ask me in PM.

22. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    Han and Leia are 9 years apart. Kyp and Jaina are 14-16 years apart. So that is a larger difference.

But it's not just the age.

23. ReaperFett

Dec 9, 1999
    Kyp was 16 in the JAT. Jaina was 2 IIRC. So, 14 apart. Not that much. Like age matters

24. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    Well, age can matter, if you're looking to marry someone at the same stage in life.

And I'm POSITIVE Kyp was 18 in JAT. I REMEMBER IT SAYING SO IN ONE OF THE BOOKS!!!

25. ReaperFett

Dec 9, 1999
    KJA said 16 in the KJA trilogy. Stackpole said 18 in another. I know who I believe. THE CREATOR! :)

And IMO, all that matetrs is if they love oneanother and it isn't illegal

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.