main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jaina Personality Confusion (DJ SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Moridin, Jan 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moridin

Moridin RPG Author star 3 VIP

Apr 13, 1999
    OK, I just finished Dark Journey, and I'm a little baffled.

For the majority of the book, Jaina is all Dark Side-ish and evil. Driven by the pain of loss and the desire for vengeance, right, got it. She keeps pushing her limits and eventually doing whatever it takes to further her own drive for revenge.

Then, in the last few pages of the book, she magically turns back to the light. What the heck did her visions mean? I kinda understood the one of her fighting Jacen....that by succumbling to the Dark Side she was, essentially, killing him. But what was the deal with the second one on the ship? What magically transformed her from the embittered, vengeful Jaina of the first 9/10 of the book to the now-redeemed Jaina of the end? Something just isn't clicking with me about her progression, and I wanted to see if someone else had figured it out...

2. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    Her vision was basically the Holo-cloaked Vader revealing himself as Kyp and instead of her continuing to strike, she stopped and for once thought of her actions. In this she illuded that Kyp would save her from the dark side and herself. Also at the end of the book, she just realizes how far she is in the dark side and begins her journey back to the light. She isn't totally reformed, yet. At least that is what I think.

3. _Tenel_Ka_

_Tenel_Ka_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2001
    You'd understand it better if you read the Young Jedi Knights: Shadow Academy book.

4. Moridin

Moridin RPG Author star 3 VIP

Apr 13, 1999
    Right, I understand what happened, I just don't understand what it symbolizes, and how that symbolic vision brings her back to the light.

5. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    In a way it may have been a future vision. It could have showed her that if she didn't turn light she might continue to strike even knowing that those were her friends. She saw how evil she had already become and how much farther she could go. It scared some sense in her basically. And YES I do know that fear leads to the dark side, but this time it gave her compassion for her friends and family. Also, remember, her being in the dark side is probably long from over. It just made her think about ,and want to, come back. Again, just what I think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.