Jedi Jaina Solo Costumes

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Kit_Kat, Jan 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kit_Kat Jedi Knight

star 1
    I was thinking about starting a Jaina Solo costume & tying it in with a Padme costume. Anyone know where I can get fabrics, patterns, all that good stuff?

Many Thanks,

Kat
  2. Queen_Apailana Jedi Knight

star 1
    hmm Jaina Solo great idea (adds her to my ever growing list of costumes to do) just poke around the biards the board index has ton of padme forums and if you want to do Jaina there are quite a few diffrent drawings to base it on.
  3. Kit_Kat Jedi Knight

star 1
  4. Queen_Apailana Jedi Knight

star 1
    Jaina Solo and Mara Jade are my favorite EU charcters I loved her in the NJO.
  5. Kit_Kat Jedi Knight

star 1
    i kinda like to mix costumes between charcters. i liked mara but jaina was the favorite since zekk didn't appear much.

Kit
  6. Forcebewitya Jedi Master

star 4
    Just throwing this out there my gf did the Jaina costume from the New Essential Guide to characters if you want to check it out. She just modified the standard Jedi costume pattern's at Joannes.

Michelle's Jaina costume

Forcebewitya.
  7. Jedi_Jaina09 Jedi Padawan

This is one of the costumes on my long to do list (I feel a bit obligated because of my screen name :)). I've already finished the belt for the costume (I was inspired by some cheap surplus leather I found at a local shop). A little bit of shoe polish and elbow grease later, I had this. Being bit of a perfectionist, I hope to eventually upgrade the buckle, but overall I'm very pleased. Working with leather wasn't as bad as I though it would be. Now I just have to finish the rest of the costume...
  8. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    Shouldn't be too hard of a costume to do, depending on what point of her life you want to tackle. For the most part, start with either a tan or grey flightsuit, add some key things like a nice belt, sabre, boots, patches, etc. and you'll be good to go!
  9. Kit_Kat Jedi Knight

star 1
    thanks everybody. [:D]

Kit
  10. Master_Kiona Jedi Knight

star 1
    Just a few random ramblings... I see Jaina in a flight suit in my head a whole lot more than Jedi robes... So if I were making a Jaina costume I would start with a flight suit looking base, make a patch for her squadron (whatever she?s in at the time), possibly some sort of insignia to show rank, belt, lightsaber, other belty paraphernalia, and some good boots. I think the squadron patch and lightsaber combined with a jump suit would be a fairly obvious Jaina. Of course, I'm quite possibly totally wrong, but that?s my .02 for whatever its worth. :cool:

Have fun! Post piccys when you're done!
  11. Kit_Kat Jedi Knight

star 1
  12. Taeriel Force Ghost

star 5
    There are also a few nice possibilities illustrated in the Japanese coverart for the NJO. In addition to the iconic orange flight suit and Jedi robes, she also has both a black jumpsuit and a dark green pants and (Jedi-style) top. I've gotten partway through making the green outfit; beta version, actually, as I'd like to re-do the top in addition to finishing the details I didn't get done in time for C3.
  13. Kit_Kat Jedi Knight

star 1
    great idea, Taeriel

~~Kit~~
  14. SilverJedi331 Jedi Master

star 2
    i'm thinking of doing a Jaina costume. ive seen a couple pics of random peoples costumes. i was wondering since this topic was posted if anyone has completed one.
    im trying to choose between these two
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/SilverJedi331/jbig1.jpg]

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/SilverJedi331/jbig7.jpg]
  15. Forcebewitya Jedi Master

star 4
    *points up to previous post*

Forcebewitya.
  16. BurntTheMacaroni Jedi Knight

star 3
    Alright so the Jedi bug has finally hit me... And i realllyyyyy would like to create this jaina costume

[image=http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/4896/jbig1za0.jpg]
    (seems to be a popular one)

But i'm starting my research on it, and im just a bit baffled on the whole belt/underbust corset looking thing. How the heck would you go about making that?! Any ideas?
  17. RedHanded_Jill Jedi Master

star 4
    my jedi belts are about half the width of any of the standard jedi belts. i am endowed with gifts in that region and its just uncomfortable. i make the belt fit me.
  18. JainaMSolo Jedi Knight

star 3
    Katherine has a lovely page on drafting an underbust corset here.
  19. BurntTheMacaroni Jedi Knight

star 3
    ooo Thanks Jaina! That is a lovely lovely page, and should help me oodles! Or.. i hope atleast. i've never put together a corset haha
  20. larame_kaine Force Ghost

star 2
    I'm doing the Jaina costume from Force Heretic III (The Green one) for C4. I've already had the lightsaber custom made and I'm going to just buy white fabric and have a seamstress thats good with dyes, dye it that shade of green.
  21. BurntTheMacaroni Jedi Knight

star 3
    Does anyone have an ideas on what to use for a pattern for the NEGTC costume? I see someone used the traditional Jedi one.... i've also been told a kimono pattern could work. Any ideas?

I hate that we cant see the back of the costume...
  22. Last_Chael Jedi Master

star 4
    Burnt, could you post a picture of which costume you're talking about? I suggest looking for a wrap top pattern. http://www.mccallpattern.com/item/M4304.htm McCall's 4304 is the pattern I bought to use for my jedi outer tunic (I'm also lengthening mine into a dress). An easy idea that I had for the undertunic: Buy a v neck, long sleeved cotton shirt in whatever colour you want your undertunic to be, then make yourself a strip of fabric in a matching colour, and sew that to the neck of the shirt, making sure they crossover in the front for that mock wrap look. As I'm running out of time to make my Leia Jedi robes (And I'm doing mine a tad differently to the usual style Jedi, it's something of my own design, using elements from her other costumes and from Luke's RotJ costume) and I want to reduce bulk, this is what I'm doing. You can also find mock wrap tops, if you don't want the hassle of worrying about it staying in the right place.

I found this this other day for those who haven't already looked: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Gallery_of_Jaina_Solo_images
    I'm considering adding Jaina to my list of costumes, either this ( http://starwars.wikia.com/images/4/48/Jainanjo.jpg ) or this ( http://starwars.wikia.com/images/3/36/JainaDW.png ) which is the one that others seem to be doing. But first, I have to get through my Leia costumes :p

Good luck everyone, can't wait to see these costumes!!
  23. BurntTheMacaroni Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'm doing this one

[image=http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/4896/jbig1za0.jpg]

A wrap might not be a bad idea... im just having trouble with figuring out what the heck is going on in the front. Her outter tunic looks really.. tiny?

Let's blame this all on my friend. She's doing a Tahiri costume and SOMEHOW talked me into this haha. I <3 Jaina though.. So i glady accepted
  24. Last_Chael Jedi Master

star 4
    Hehehe I know what you mean! I always seem to get roped into costumes because of friends :p Usually I don't mind though :p Alrighty, lets see what's going on in this picture...

Hmm it is a very strange pictures, isn't it. There's a similar pictures here ( http://starwars.wikia.com/images/f/fb/Solokids_NewEssential.jpg )Best I can tell, she's got the standard tunic going on, but with weird tabbards. It looks like the edging on the tunic becomes the tabbards. The obi is really wide, with the crossover bit on it. Then there's the belt. The thing around her neck is either a scarf or she has some kinda wrap thing going on with her cloak. For the bits on the hand, I'm not sure if they're hand guards or if that's part of her under tunic.

Hope that helps! Let me know if anything doesn't make sense! ^_^
  25. BurntTheMacaroni Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yea i dont think i mind. It'll be nice to be a Jedi for once.. Not the smuggler amongst the Jedi.

So for the tunic, i'm assuming the simplicity pattern will work(somehow.. i already own this. i think a friend wanted me to make it but we never did it.. Not sure). And her tabbards are SUPER weird. I figured i'll do many MANY mock ups until i get it right. I know there's a Jaina costumer in the Legion who did this one, but i've already asked her so much(i needed Tan boots for CorSec and Corellian Jedi), that i dont want to bother her again

The Obi is going to gvie me grief... People say make it like a corset.. but then.. i dont think that's a good idea.. Maybe just some fabric with LOTS of interfacing??

I thought the hand things were hand guards.. and i have a basic idea on how to make them.. but keeping them where they are supposed to be might be a problem
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.