Jedi Jaina Solo Costumes

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Kit_Kat, Jan 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Commander-DWH
  1. PrincessSolo Jedi Knight

star 1
    Ooooo coverart *drool*

Yeah, I DEFINITELY want to get all us Jaina's together who are going to CIV. Depending on how many, I'd love having a shot one day of just those who did the Essentials outfit, since I think that's the most replicated one for most of us. And then meet again on another day when we're all wearing our favorite of her outfits, whether it's the Essential one, black jumpsuit, tan garb, pilot gear or what have you!

RAB, looks like you did the scarf the same way I did...basically a long sash you wrap around your neck? If so, I'd recommend safety pins. After I wrap it the way I want, my boyfriend pins the ends so they are hidden away and it looks great and stays in place ^^

~Princess Solo
  2. PrincessSolo Jedi Knight

star 1
    Oo and RAB, I noticed you said you had your own Jaina saber. I know what RAB and I did for ours, what did you go with?

~Princess Solo
  3. PrincessSolo Jedi Knight

star 1
    I mean Larame and I on that second part, blah I wish we had the option of deleting our messages!

~Princess Solo
  4. RebelAllianceBarbie Jedi Knight

Lol that's fine. I'm not really sure--I didn't know what I was going to do for my saber for NYCC, since I didn't have the money, and behind my back my base membership officer funded the construction of the saber. My commanding officer built it, with supplies from the custom saber shop. That's about all I know. It's too dim for my liking, I want to upgrade it. Lol I'm so picky.

Yeah, I was noticing the cowl was falling everywhere...it drove me crazy haha.

Okay, my BMO's photo's are up--he did a bunch of photos for membership. I'm on the first page and a half. The rest is the rest of comic con.
    http://s163.photobucket.com/albums/t286/alderaanbase/

Oh, and I HAD to post this picture:

[image=http://www.501neg.com/photos/albums/userpics/10320/normal_NYCC_126.jpg]
    How awesome is that?? [face_laugh]
  5. RebelAllianceBarbie Jedi Knight

BY THE WAY:

AngelsOfIego.com is up. Not yet in operation, but it is up. It's going to be Padme, Leia, and Jaina. (It's my and a bunch of girls' response to SonsOfTheSuns.com's forum site) We're looking for

a) someone who knows something about web design and is willing to start in really quickly on setting up the forums
    b) mods for the forums/Jaina's section of the forum
    c) people interested in Jaina, Leia, and Padme costuming.

I think we're going to let members keep their own costuming journals and picture sections, to keep people updated on costume progress. Don't quote me on that, because I need to see what the other webmistresses want to do.

Just thought I'd let you guys know, since right now we've been relegated to 1 thread on the JC boards. [face_tired] This way we can discuss different costumes in different threads, and also things like what's going on at C4 with us Jainas! It's just a pain having to discuss everything in one single thread.

...and I'm assuming TF.N isn't going to care if I advertise this forum here? [face_worried] (ohpleaseohplease...)
  6. larame_kaine Force Ghost

star 2
    I will definitely be visiting that site quite a bit. It would be awesome to have a forum where we could have a strand for Jaina talk for costuming, books, events...that would be great.

I am officially DONE. Well, with one anyways. The sleeveless costume is done. Its a little bigger (loose fit) than Id hoped for, but this is not the best fabric, it doesnt give much. The pants need to be hipsters too, not the ones that come to my waist. Also, I think I'd make the little sash thing she wears under the belt (I call it a mini-obi = P ) a little smaller. But otherwise I think it looks pretty good for this being the first one and since the person making it had to cram it in her very busy schedule. I plan on starting the next one before dragoncon. (Hopefully I can do some of the sewing this time.)
    My belt and boots look great. I'm very proud of the belt because I cut the leather and dyed it myself and someone helped put the snaps and buckle on. =D

All my fabrics in for my NEGTC so that will begin production next week. Pictures coming soon!

-Larame
  7. PrincessSolo Jedi Knight

star 1
    Ooo that sounds so great!!! I would love to help out in any way that I could, hon. I don't do Padme costumes but definitely Leia and Jaina, and I used to mod for about four or so years back in high school. Can't wait till it's up!

Those are some great pics and I love that family shot!!! I totally did that with a Han and Chewie at CIII XD

And that was one of the fake braids, right? Looks great, I really need to look into that myself.

Getting my saber modified in a few weeks. I'll be scared to ship it, I'm so protective of it, I always wrap it in a towel when it travels with me, hah. But I want to change a bit on the emitter end and I have TOTALLY fallen in love with LEDs now! First Larame mentioned it and it sounded cool, then I did a bit of research on it because RandomSabers (where mine was done) had a thread on it with pics and stuff...and then I came across a guy that had one and I loved how it looked in person. Sold me very quickly on switching over from EL to LED. I'll be interested to see how it really looks once it's done to my saber though...once it's done I can't really go back to EL!

Any fabric people would recommend for the black jumpsuit? The one I currently have is bought because I didn't know how to sew when I wanted to do that outfit. I always see it as being like Luke's black jumpsuit from RoTJ, and that was out of wool gaberdine I think. Thoughts?

~Princess Solo
  8. larame_kaine Force Ghost

star 2
    Hope your saber turns out okay! I know what you mean about being protective, I learned my lesson the first time it got stolen, now it doesn't leave my sight!!

Wool gaberdine would probably work. Anything thats fairly lightweight, but still has a little stiffness. And I'm glad to see you think of it as I do, as a jumpsuit and not a flightsuit. It doesn't have the pockets to be a flight suit. =P I did find a good pattern to use for that though, it is a black racing suit (as in bycicle racing). I was going to have it made one size bigger so it would just be a little looser. If you need help finding a good pattern let me know. I saw the flightsuit pattern but I just didn't like it as much. The racing suit didn't have all the extras on it and would be perfect for the jumpsuit.

-Larame
  9. RebelAllianceBarbie Jedi Knight

[image=http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m206/jadessabremjs/jainaNEGTC.jpg]

NEGTC FTW! [face_laugh]

Did some photos, nice quality ones today.

[image=http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m206/jadessabremjs/jainapose.jpg]
    [image=http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m206/jadessabremjs/P1010011edit.jpg]
    [image=http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m206/jadessabremjs/jaina2.jpg]
    [image=http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m206/jadessabremjs/jaina3.jpg]

Lol okay I'll stop posting images of myself now. Just thought I'd share the pics that really show off the outfit itself. And where I don't look like it's the 3rd day of a con and I've been nothing but hanging out with my rebel legion/501st friends till 4 in the morning every night. [face_laugh]
  10. Marianne_Solav Jedi Master

star 2
    It's a very beautiful costume! You look amazing! :)
  11. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    Looks fantastic! =D= Well done!!!
  12. PrincessSolo Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yeah what pattern are you going with? OJA suggest the Green Pepper jumpsuit pattern for Luke's jumpsuit, so I was looking at that...otherwise they had a racing suit pattern too.

~Princess Solo
  13. BurntTheMacaroni Jedi Knight

star 3
    Oh i so found the most awesomely embarassing photo of myself as Jaina. It's great. I wasnt pinned(first wearing of the costume... realized velcro would be my best friend in the future), i look like a fat thing(blech!), and.. my hair looks bad. how fun haha. But.. an actual front shot of my costume.. sorta

[image=http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/8044/ashleyandsamlf5.jpg]

That is my awesome smuggler friend standing with me. I have a picture of him and I(myself as Mirax), i think it's going to be tradition now

edit:: I should explain the brown bit that looks like my bra.. For my little hand armor things, i decided to make it a half shirt, so they would stay up(they are made out of fabric and crazy thick interfacing). The tunic slips down a bit, and ends up exposing the undershirt. i'm workin on it..
  14. PrincessSolo Jedi Knight

star 1
    RAB - yay for doing the profile recreation! Isn't it fun?! Course mine was when my colors weren't right, I really should update it XD Your saber hilt looks so awesome in those shots, and I love the crouched down pose the best.

So I know of four Essentials Jainas so far, me, my buddy Shea, RAB and burntmacaroni...who else is there or is currently working on that outfit?

~Princess Solo
  15. larame_kaine Force Ghost

star 2
    I'm going with the Green Pepper racing suit, its a tighter fit and doesnt have all the extra pockets. Getting the fabric this week.

-Larame
  16. larame_kaine Force Ghost

star 2
    Currently working. Have all the fabrics. This will start production next week with my jumpsuit. I have the leather and stuff for the belt and bracers so I have to make those. I also need to get the buckles still...and modify my boots to take the current buckles off.

For the record, heres my costume list:

Jaina -
    Refugee (v1.0 - Complete)
    NEGTC (By CIV - In progress)
    Black Jumpsuit (By CIV - In Progress)
    Generic Jedi costume (By CIV - In Progress)
    Refugee (v2.0 - By DragonCon)
    Non-Jaina-
    LotR Dress (For Dragoncon)

Also in the works, I want to do...
    -Jaina's red dress from Dark Journey (I'm planning on taking a while for this one because it's a very complicated design my friend sketched up for me)
    -Jaina's Rogue Squadron pilot uniform (This will take a while cause the kits and pieces are expensive)

I love that pic of you and Sam, Ashley. I have one of him leaning against a tree looking all GQ. =P

-Larame
  17. PrincessSolo Jedi Knight

star 1
    Awesome. Yeah I really liked the racing suit pattern. Were you able to find it in a store or did you just order the pattern online? I see Green Pepper at JoAnns, but I've never seen that one there I think. I'm going to check at the two I go to sometime this week. What fabric did you end up going with?

~Princess Solo
  18. larame_kaine Force Ghost

star 2
    I ordered the pattern. It was really easy, you just call the number on the site and give them a cc number, you get the pattern in the mail two days later.
    I ended up getting a lightweight wool for the jumpsuit.

My NEGTC is going to be made out of a whole bunch of different types of fabric. I was trying to get the colors closer and not worry about the fabric as much. I bought alot of silk and gabardine.

-Larame
  19. Taeriel Force Ghost

star 5
    IIRC, FenigDurak wore the Essential costume at CIII...
  20. PrincessSolo Jedi Knight

star 1
    ooo yeah? I was there in the tan and black outfits but never came across another Jaina...anyone got any pics of her from CIII?

Larame - I ordered a bunch of swatches to see what time of wool I want to go with. I understand the color vs fabric issue. I tried to stick with the same type of fabric for my current Essentials outfit and ended up dyeing everything because the colors weren't right. I want to remake it, and when I do I'll either look just at wool fabrics if I can find the colors I want, or any fabric as long as it has the right color and look/feel to it...course you gotta be careful going that route, since that's how I normally do things for costumes, because most of the time I end up with fabrics that don't breath whatsoever!

~Princess Solo
  21. Lt_Jay_Durron Jedi Padawan

hmm... lovely, most excellently lovely! this has been on my list forEVER!!. Is there any little thing I can make to say that I have started the costume? I'm open for suggestions! :D

love,
    marybeth
  22. Taeriel Force Ghost

star 5
    Unfortunately the time I ran into her while she was in this costume at C3, she was in a hurry, I was in a hurry, and I don't think I had a chance to get a picture. I'd have to double check at home to be sure, though. There are later pictures of the costume itself here and here. I was another Jaina at C3 - I wore the first version of my Reunion costume there, but it didn't turn out well so I'm happy if you didn't see it. [face_blush]
  23. PrincessSolo Jedi Knight

star 1
    ooo her costume is cool! I'm so bummed I never came across her or you. I seriously thought I was like the only Jaina cosplayer at CIII because I never came across another one. I wore the tan and black outfits when I went.

~Princess Solo
  24. -Tenel-Ka- Jedi Master

star 4
    FenigDurak was also Strike Team Jaina when a few of us did the Jedi Strike Team from Star by Star -- Jaina getting attacked by the voxyn and then her in front by Zekk. Heehehe~

All these costumes are looking great and it's good to see the EU finally getting more love in the costuming community. :D

Anyone up for Dragon*Con? I believe, besides whatever Tenel Ka costume I'm gonna make (XD) we're going to have a Jacen and an Alema. And possibly a Mara. Any Jaina's we can get some shots with?
  25. FenigDurak Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll be at Dragon Con again this year. ;)

Best image of my Jaina costume so far is here.

Ok, ok, I'm only kidding. It's here.

I'd added a panel in the front because as we know reality and comics just aren't the same as far as costume functionality goes...
Moderators: Commander-DWH
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.