main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi / Light Side Jaina Solo Costumes

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Kit_Kat, Jan 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kerstin

kerstin Jedi Youngling

Sep 6, 2006
    Awesome job Jaina_SoIo! You two are perfect.

2. PrincessSolo

PrincessSolo Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 21, 2003
    It's the USS Midway down in San Diego. Such a fantastic location for Star Wars pics ^^

~Princess Solo

3. -Tenel-Ka-

-Tenel-Ka- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Eeee! I know I totally squeed on your LJ over those pictures, but I had to say here how much I adore them too. You both look awesome~ I can't wait to put you two up on the OC site. Heehehe!

And it's really good to hear there will be Jaina costumers at D*C this year! Hopefully we'll have an Anakin there too (there is a possibility, but I'm not sure yet ;D) so we can get pictures with all three Solo kids! :D

4. larame_kaine

larame_kaine Jedi Knight star 2

May 17, 2005
    I was finally able to look at the pictures, Awesome job! I don't know who I like more, you're Jaina or your boyfriends Jag! I hope me and PrincessSolo's Jumpsuits come out that well!

Also, for all you Jaina fans, I thought this was amusing...

I love Law and Order SVU and I just bought season 3 on dvd. I've see this episode quite a few times but apparently never paid attention. In the episode 'Sacrafice" with Mark Paul Gosselaar, there are characters in it names Mara and Jaina. Jaina is the mother, and Mara is the child. Someone was a star wars fan. =D

-Larame

5. PrincessSolo

Jul 21, 2003
    haha oh man I'm glad I'm not the only one who geeked out on that. I'm a HUGE L&O junkie, so I always am watching them even if I've seen them a million times before. That episode was totally on about two weeks ago I think, and I was like "haha her name is Jaina!!!" It took me a sec to make sure it was because she had a bit of an accent and I wasn't sure if I was imagining them saying Jaina or not. She was played by a blonde gal, if we're thinking of the same ep? I know she had a kid and the guy who played Zack from Saved by the Bell was the father. I didn't even realize that the girl was named Mara! I musta zoned out after hearing Jaina XD

I don't think I'll be buying a pattern for the black jumpsuit. I realized I could just go off the bought jumpsuit I had for the outfit to begin with as a reference XD So I'll work on a mock-up of copying that jumpsuit sometime this week and see how it turns out before using the actual fabric I want to.

Right now I'm figuring out how I want to do the belt. Jaina_SoIo did a more elaborate belt for the black jumpsuit that is really pretty, like a black version of the Essentials belt...but I'm an accuracy freak and can't help but follow what is on a ref image even if it is super plain and boring XD I'm thinking of making my own buckles for it, if I can, since I'm used to cutting up metal for my Leia belt. It seems like Jaina has a large silver belt buckle that is rectangular on the front, and then presumably - since it's a side shot - two medium sized metal pieces on either side of her. And they seem to be the same height as the belt. I thought of just gluing on a piece of metal on either side, but that seems kinda lame. So instead I thought of two options - make a buckle and have the belt made up of pieces...like one piece of the belt is connected to the front and side buckle, and then another piece of belt is connected from the side buckle all the way around to the other side buckle...if that makes any sense? Otherwise I was thinking of making a piece of metal that would hook over and under the belt and just be clamped in place.

~Princess Solo

6. larame_kaine

May 17, 2005
    Yeah, I've come to the conclusion that I will be making a separate black belt for the the jumpsuit. That means I'm carting three belts, and three different pairs of boots to civ. >_<
    Looks like to buy an extra suitcase just for boots and belts. =D

I'm making the belt like it looks. You can see that one buckle on the side so you'd assume theres one on the other side as well. So to keep it consistent I'm going to do it like the NEGTC belt, three buckles, one on each side and one in the middle. Only all three of these buckles are going to be the same (just that little metal square).

-Larame

7. PrincessSolo

Jul 21, 2003
    Ah k, so you're going to be doing a belt within a belt, that's was Jaina_SoIo did. Which I love, there's something very visually pleasing about the belt within a belt. I was trying to think of a way to do it with just one strip of leather though. It'll be interesting to see how everything looks in the end amongst the three of us, and anyone else who does this outfit!

EDIT: hmm, nah, after staring at it alot I can see how it could totally be a belt within a belt. It's a pain, because they make it seem like her belt in her sleeveless outfit is supposed to be the same belt as her jumpsuit outfit...they are both black with a silver front buckle and silver things on the side. Except with the sleeveless outfit, since it's a frontal shot, they look to me like food capsules...or a buckle with something on top of it. Argh...freaking artist XD When I did the jumpsuit about three years ago, that's how I did the belt...with a buckle in the front and silver food capsules on one side. It works okay for the sleeveless outfit, but I'm definitely favoring three buckles for the jumpsuit belt. I'm still stuck with how I want to do the buckles and whether or not I actually use buckles.

~Princess Solo

8. larame_kaine

May 17, 2005
    Thats why I'm going to end up with three different sets of boots, and three belts. XD
    I thought for the longest time the thing on the side of the belt on the refugee cover was a buckle, but if you enlarge the pic its clearly food capsules. So for the sleeveless I went with one buckle, the belt within the belt, and food capsules. And for the jumpsuit Im doing three buckles and the belt within the belt. I'll probably wear my food capsules and pouches with that one as well, but around the back out of sight.

-Larame

9. PrincessSolo

Jul 21, 2003
    Yeah, the belt for the sleevless outfit totally has like three silver food capsules on either side. I think they love drawing her with a double belt...but the food capsules aren't on top of the belt, they're within it...which implies an inner belt it's hooked onto...OMGARTISTS XD I think when I remake the tan and black outfits that I'll use the same belt, but switch the food capsules for buckles depending on the outfit I'm wearing. I'm going to need more silver food capsules too...I only have two right now XD

In other news, picked up fabric for both of those outfits! I was only going to pick up black jumpsuit fabric material, but ended up coming across a fantastic find for the sleeveless outfit, and on sale! I just couldn't pass it up ^^ Now, it's not at all the kind of material I would use for Star Wars outfits, far from it, but the color worked so well in matching the tones on the Reunion cover, so I decided to take a chance and go with it. We'll see how it all turns out!

~Princess Solo

10. SilverJedi331

SilverJedi331 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 26, 2002
    Hey all.

First off, I want to say that some of you have great Jaina costumes! very very nice. i love seeing the work everyones done.

I pretty much finished my costume last month. the boots arent quite right, but i had trouble finding a pair for a decent price. and i think my tabbards are a bit too big, so i'll have to fix that.
    anyway, I got it done in time for I-Con, and i'll definitely be wearing it to C4 :)

here are some pics.

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/SilverJedi331/100_0893.jpg]

the pose hehe
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/SilverJedi331/100_0881.jpg]

someone said i looked ready to kick some butt here
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/SilverJedi331/R208.jpg]

the fam :)
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/SilverJedi331/R207.jpg]

11. larame_kaine

May 17, 2005
    Yay!! Another Jaina! *huggles*

Very spiffy.

-Larame

12. RebelAllianceBarbie

RebelAllianceBarbie Jedi Knight

Jan 6, 2007
    OKAY FOLKS!

http://www.angelsofiego.com is UP AND RUNNING!

As you can see on our forum, we have a section dedicated to Jaina. We shall soon also have a Celebration 4 section, where I plan to start a thread on the gathering of the Jaina's.

We're JUST starting, so no, there isn't a lot going on yet. We got set up TONIGHT! So come on over! :D

13. PrincessSolo

Jul 21, 2003
    Wooo love it! I so can't wait for an Essentials Jaina gathering at CIV XD We could totally pull it off...for the black jumpsuit too probably!

I finished a little over half of the sleeveless outfit yesterday. Hopefully I can finish the rest this week and then pick up belt material this weekend. It's turning out ALOT better than the first one I made a couple of years ago, and the color is so completely different. Way on the green side, but it matched the cover art so well...it just wont match the American cover at all XD

And way to go RAB on the site! The splash page looks so pretty. I'll be sure to register at the forums ASAP.

~Princess Solo

14. larame_kaine

May 17, 2005
    Update! I got my braids in. I still have one dye to go to get back to my natural brown. I really regret cutting my hair, but I had to to get most of the black out of it.

Excuse the crappy pictures.

[image=http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m157/liivingdeadgirl/000_0049.jpg]

[image=http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m157/liivingdeadgirl/000_0046.jpg]

[image=http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m157/liivingdeadgirl/000_0042.jpg]

-Larame

15. BurntTheMacaroni

BurntTheMacaroni Jedi Knight star 3

May 16, 2005
    After speaking with Victoria about this, i feel much better about posting...

I just got word from Ryan that my saber is complete and ready to be sent to me

[image=http://farm1.static.flickr.com/232/454193332_0189fe60aa_o.jpg]

It's an LED saber with the main color being "silver"(white LED). I ordered a color pack from my electronics guy, so i could change the color to purple for Jaina, keep it silver for Jysella(the main reason i got the saber), and Red or Blue for Mara

16. larame_kaine

May 17, 2005
    Freakin' sweet! I cant wait to see it in person! Oh, btw, got the books. Thanks a bunch! You should see my friend trying to read it, it's highly amusing. Shes an asian studies major and has realized she really needs to brush up on her kanji. =D

-Larame

17. PrincessSolo

Jul 21, 2003
    yay way cool!

And I think we're totally going to have more than similar sabers than before now XD Cuz I sent mine in last month to have the emitter end redone and to switch the EL for LED electronics, hahah. The emitter end on yours is what I had wanted in the first place, but not really what I got, so hopefully that's more what it'll look like now the second time around.

Personal or not, we've all gotta share ^^

*secretly plots your death*

>.>

~Princess Solo

18. larame_kaine

May 17, 2005

Hey, it's all about the accuracy. If they're all alike we know that they did a good job interpreting the reference pictures. =D

-Larame

19. BurntTheMacaroni

May 16, 2005
    ::eyes widen::

20. PrincessSolo

Jul 21, 2003
    XD

man, one day I totally want to do a Winter outfit. I like Mirax but there's something about white hair that I totally want to have fun with.

Yeah, totally random and off-topic XD

~Princess Solo

21. BurntTheMacaroni

May 16, 2005
    You would make an AWESOMW Winter. but would you do the dress or one of her battle outfits?

22. Reaper63

Reaper63 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    or all of them? lol

23. PrincessSolo

Jul 21, 2003
    Good question. The one outfit I see her in around the net is where she had short hair, is wearing brown and has like jinja types shoes on or something with the split toe. Doing a dress would be nice...need to find pics of those.

~Princess Solo

24. BurntTheMacaroni

May 16, 2005
    This is one of my favorite Winter costumes
    [image=http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/5/5e/Winter_Tycho.JPG]

And this page has SEVERAL more images.. If you need more, i'll scan em in for you
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Winter

25. larame_kaine

May 17, 2005
    If you want to do the dress I suggest this one...

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Image:Winterbaby.jpg

-Larame

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.