main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jaina Solo Haters Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by DVader316, Sep 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    Before we begin, Id like to take a moment to say that this thread was inspired by the Mara Jade Hater Club. Since Mara and Jaina are virtually interchangable at this point I felt it was time for a JSHC to start up. So, due to popular demand, here it is !

Jaina Solo is one of the most craptacular characters to come along in quite some time. Not only is she uber (of course), but, like Mara, she is written to be extremely beautiful as well as have a nice figure. In other words, uber, or perfect. But Jaina Solo is also the most arrogant, disrespectful, selfish, pretentious, vain character that Ive honestly ever encountered in EU literature, and lets not forget her equally uber boyfriend Jag Fel, who has teh charisma of a tree sloth. Not only that, but recent spoilers on Destiny's Way (the next NJO hardcover) say that Jaina's future will be sorrowful and hard, full of sadness but as a result she will make others happy. After reading this I was quite disturbed. Now the authors will have free reign to make Jaina as arrogant and as b*****y as they want, because its her "destiny". Pah ! Instead of expanding on her terrible chracter the authors should take her down a peg or three. She needs to be brought crashing down to reality...now ! :mad:

So, who else is with me ?

2. Nephrite

Nephrite Jedi Youngling star 1

May 11, 2002
    What irritates me is her uber-Force powers. Creating black holes and other crap.
    Darth_Holliday made alot of good jokes about that in his TCFBTOR parody.

¤Nephrite¤

3. DVader316

Feb 18, 2000
    Lets not forget her super rapid acsension in NR military. She's gone from Lieutenant to a Major (!!!) in roughly two years fighting the Vong. WTF ???? Next thing you know she'll be a Colonel and will outrank even Corran who has over twenty years of seniority in the NR military.

4. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    I don't hate her as much as you do, but I am confused - she went from Lieutenant to Major? (When?) Well, *Luke* went from farm boy to Lieutenant Commander in just under 3 years.....

Leaving.......

5. DVader316

Feb 18, 2000
    Yea, according to Ylesia she jumped from a Lt. to a Major. Maybe she's spending time with high ranking male officers other than Jag...

6. Nephrite

Nephrite Jedi Youngling star 1

May 11, 2002
    Another thing is this Dark Side/Light Side switching. It's not bloody underwear.
    I guess whatever Yoda said in the movies means nothing. He was an old fool.
    "dominate your destiny" Nah. I'll just switch back next week.

¤Nephrite¤

7. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    DVader, an excellent idea.

I used to like Jaina before the NJO.

Hate her now, mostly because of her arrogance and her attitude to her mom. She practically kisses Mara Jade's feet and criticizes Leia right and left?

*gag*

She really sucks.

8. Snow_White

Snow_White Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 11, 2001
    She lost me as soon as she started her Mara worship and her Leia bashing. Mara's accomplishments don't come anywhere near comparing to Leia's. Somebody needs to set that girl straight.

9. Jedi_Suzuran

May 22, 2002
    Well said, Snow_White.

It sadly looks as though she won't be coming out of her Tang adoration any time soon, although I've heard that she's a little better.

Doesn't really excuse her past behavior though. [face_plain]

10. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
  11. Shelley

Shelley Jedi Youngling star 5

Sep 9, 2001
    Jaina was another character who was sacrificed at the altar of Mara once the NJO started. What made me despise her was her worship of Mara and her nastiness toward her mother. I realize Leia wasn't always there for her kids, but Jaina's brothers, at least, understood why and made peace with it. Jaina just sniped at her mom and couldn't lick enough dirt off the bottom of Mara's shoes.

As if Leia doesn't have enough to worry about, and enough people sniping at her shortcomings (as if they're perfect!) without her daughter being added to the mix. I think Jaina needs a good strong dose of reality, as well as a good history lesson--maybe then she'll see that while her idol, Mara, was out slitting throats, her mother was working against the very evil Mara served.

12. DVader316

Feb 18, 2000
    Great posts, everyone. Let's keep this going. :)

One of the biggest things that bothers me about Jaina is her disrespect towards her parents. She practically hates Leia for no good reason, and she is indifferent with Han most of the time. Most of her fans will say its because she's still young and immature, but that argument holds little weight with me. She's what, twenty years old now ? Not exactly a kid anymore, and if she hasn't grown out of her childish ways by now than she most likely never will.

Jaina could take a few lessons from her twin. At least with Jacen it is obvious that he loves his parents very much, especially Leia. He practically killed Tsavong Lah and danced with the dark side to save Leia from death. Jaina was probably too busy being bitter and feeling sorry for herself.

Its truly a shame that Jaina couldnt emulate her mother more. Instead all we have is a character who is, slowly but surely, becoming another Mara Jade...and, as most of us will agree, thats definitely not a good thing.

EDIT: Nephrite: In one of your posts earlier you mentioned that Jaina had created black holes. That was in Rebel Dream, although it wasnt Jaina, it was Kyp.

Just wanted to clear that up. :)

13. Anakin_Solo02

Anakin_Solo02 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 3, 2002
    this is a bad idea. jaina solo is awesome! dvader, don't state your personal opinions like they are facts. not everyone thinks jaina is as 'uber' as you think. i doubt there was that much popular demand for this thread as you say there was.

i agree jaina was annoying when she is with mara, but other than that, she was really cool. what didn't you like about her in dark journey? i mean, if your name is dvader316, don't tell me you don't like the dark side lighting she'd throw around. seriously, what's not to like?

14. C-3PX

C-3PX Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 2, 2002
    You don't post you like some one in a hate thread kid...people have the right to hate who they want.

15. DVader316

Feb 18, 2000
    Its probably in your best interests just to leave this thread, Anakin_Solo02. Trust me on this one.

16. Jedi_Suzuran

May 22, 2002
    Its truly a shame that Jaina couldnt emulate her mother more. Instead all we have is a character who is, slowly but surely, becoming another Mara Jade...and as most of us will agree, thats definetely not a good thing.

Absolutely. I used to like the Solo kids, before the NJO. Jaina was a much better character then. She had more respect for her mother, and I could see hints of Leia and Han, which was nice to see.

Not anymore. Now, she's been Mara-fied, and that means she's hateful, bitter, and a horrible person.

Right now, Leia deserves a better daughter. [face_plain]

17. Doo-Kimmie

Doo-Kimmie Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 22, 2001
    Right now, Leia deserves a better daughter.

I couldn't agree with you more! Jaina has turned into a spoiled, selfish little brat who thinks she knows everything. She's turning into a Mara clone more than her own individual character.

Next thing you know, the EUthors will change her hair color to red-gold!

18. Shelley

Shelley Jedi Youngling star 5

Sep 9, 2001
    Yeah, or worse, Jaina dyes her hair red-gold to emulate her goddess.

I believe Jaina's gone from having dark hair to light brown hair, then back to dark.

19. Doo-Kimmie

Doo-Kimmie Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 22, 2001
    It's certainly fluctuating, isn't it, Shelley?

Just wait, next book there will be a line about how Jaina's "red-gold hair, styled just as her perfect Aunt Mara had taught her, glistened in the aura of her lightsaber."

20. flying_fishi

flying_fishi Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 26, 2002
    Now THIS is my kind of party! :cool:

Jaina's just the next Mary Sue to come along, following in the ignoble tradition of Mara.

She really pisses me off, what with her whole 'Goddess' trip. What a stupid idea. Indulge the most spoilt brat in the GFFA by making her a freaking GODDESS!!! WTF where they thinking?

Jag should come to his senses and push her out an airlock or somewhat. [face_plain]

21. Fire_Light

Fire_Light Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2002
    I didn't really mind her until Dark Journey, but during that book and afterwards I realy don't care for her character at all.

22. RockDragon

RockDragon Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2002
    I never liked Jaina in the YJK books, I didn't like her in the NJO either. With every book she is in, I hate her even more. I like Jacen the best, always have, out of the Solo three, Anakin second, and I don't even like Jaina. I wish she would have been killed off rather than Chewbacca, and if they didn't kill her that early, instead of Anakin. Now she should just die period.

23. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    Anakin Solo is the best Solo kid!

And they killed him! :_|

Damn them! Damn them all to hell! To HELL! :mad: :_|

24. Rogue_Starbuck

Rogue_Starbuck Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2000
    I have to conceed Jaina's "development" has left me feeling uninspired and despairing of her character. I don't hate her - hate is a word I try to not use often - but I am disheartened with the characterisations in the NJO as it lurches on. Luke . . . what the hell is wrong with Luke? He was such a cool character . . . but he's not the same guy, somehow. He's different. :(

However the use of the word "uber" when associated with a Star Wars character is pretty much standard depending on who you're talking about. What is different is the levels of uberness. For example Mara could be viewed as being a Grand Uber, and Lando the diet pepsi of Uber - only half the calories . . . not uber enough. But if you argue objectively, most SW characters are pretty uberly: Han, Wedge, Corran, Thrawn, Kyp, Anakin, Padme, Boba Fett etc etc. And I will admit, with the examples given in this thread already, that Jaina's elevation has been pretty high on the Uber Scale, even for a SW character. :)

R.

25. Fire_Light

Fire_Light Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2002
    Anakin Solo is the best Solo kid!

And they killed him!

Damn them! Damn them all to hell! To HELL!

Hell yeah he was the best! I actually cared about him. (shocked at agreeing with Valyn :p)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.