main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jaina: What should become of her in NJO?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by LtSticks, Oct 15, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LtSticks

LtSticks Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 15, 2001
    I've been wondering about this for a while, and I think that everyone basically has Jace and Anakin sorted out in whatever future they've got, but what about Jaina? Here's my predictions:

She falls for jag after SBS and later marries him after some classic Star Wars hitches.
    She finally gets recognition in NR and gets promoted in Rogues, and later becomes rogue lead.
    Sorts everything out wiht parents afetr a tragedy (maybe SBS)
    Returns to Jedi training, don't know yet if its Mara or Kyp she'll go 2 though.

What do you think? Post your own thoughts on this one, cheers!

2. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    She gets to the Drak Side !!!! Bwaahahahahaahha !!! (No, I'm serious.)

3. Rogue_Starbuck

Rogue_Starbuck Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2000
    the Drak Side? Is that more worse than the Dark Side? :p

4. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    You don't know the power of the Drak side! :eek:

5. Rogue_Starbuck

Oct 29, 2000
    Hard to see, the Drak Side is... :)

6. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    Once you start down the Drak path, forever will it dominate your pants...

...as Jaina and Jagged will find out together [face_devil] ;)

7. Rogue_Starbuck

Oct 29, 2000
    Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Drak Side! :D

8. Admiral_Lelila

Admiral_Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2001
    First of all, I like the character of Jaina.
    There are several possible suitors for Jaina. Zekk and Jag are the obvious ones.

I believe that Kyp was smitten with Jaina in Rebirth. Inspite of their age differences I could see the possibly of them being together.
    The jury is still out as to whether Jaina forgives Kyp. (Who knows, Kyp could save Anakin in SbS)

Another possiblity is the young Moff Sarreti. It would be a very interesting encounter and I think that they would be good together.

Whether Jaina and Sarreti get married is another thing because Jaina loves adventure and Sarreti might have too much responsibilities to go off on adventures.

I do not expect that she will be married at the end of the NJO series.

9. Anakin_Solo73

Anakin_Solo73 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 4, 2001
    Kyp will use her powers as a Darksider to lead a group of rogue Jedi against the Vong. She will constantly attack the Vong to the point of almost destroying herself in the process.

10. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    Ends up with Kyp, stays a Rogue. Hopefully stays clear of some certain Imp Uber-pilot :)

11. Rogue_Starbuck

Oct 29, 2000
    But Imp uber-pilots are hard to resist ;)

12. ReaperFett

Dec 9, 1999
    yeah, because they are written to be perfect, hence making them uninteresting characters.

13. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    I don't think that Kyp would necessarily be so keen to use Jaina to his own advantages if she were to fall to the dark side. I mean, telling a lie to get rogue squadron's help is one thing, but I think if she were to come up to him all bloodthirsty yelling "Lets go slaughter us some Vong, Durron!!!", he'd be the first to say "Now wait a minute, Jaina"
    IMHO Kyp is probably going to be the one who brings her back. Kyp may do some things that classify him as a villain, but I do think he's still on the light side of the force. Somehow. Who knows how? But I think that if he cared enough to ask Jaina to be his apprentice, then there's a chance he might pull her back from the drak side ;) hehe, fear, anger, agression, the drak side are they!

Jae Angel

14. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    Ah yes, but to females, the perfect guy has a lot of appeal. :)

Jaina and Jag forever!

15. ReaperFett

Dec 9, 1999
    So Rebs, IYO, the most awfully written character, who cant go wrong, is a good character? Rrrrrrrrright :)

16. Rogue_Starbuck

Oct 29, 2000
    I think it is good for characters to have flaws, myself. If they were too perfect, well then, I'd be just reading about me!!! :p

17. ReaperFett

Dec 9, 1999
    Oh, also, I think Jaina WONT be Rogue Lead. Not in NJO anyway.

18. Rogue_Starbuck

Oct 29, 2000
    Yeah, I think Gavin will be Lead all thru the NJO, IMHO. However, I wouldn't rule her out of being the lead of a flight in RS.

19. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    "Yeah, I think Gavin will be Lead all thru the NJO, IMHO. However, I wouldn't rule her out of being the lead of a flight in RS."

Yeah, that's a possibility.

20. suncrusherX

suncrusherX Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2001
    in a perfect world she would come over to our planet and fall for me.

21. LoveisSuicideSP

LoveisSuicideSP Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2001
    Wow, i think the earlier threadgoers overdid it a little with the Drak side jokes....Anyways, I think that all of Jaina's love interests will day and she will end up being an old maid.

22. JediJSolo

JediJSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    I don?t know? For some reason I see Jaina as being a lone wolf type of person at the end of the NJO. I know that it will never happen, but for some reason, that is how I picture her in the future. She just seems to cling to her family too much, as if she, unintentionally, uses them as a crutch. As for whom she gets hitched up with at the end, I really don?t have a preference, just so long as it?s not Kyp. I once said that I would rather her get together with Lowie than Kyp; I meant it then and I mean it now!

23. Jagged-Fel

Jagged-Fel Jedi Youngling

Oct 7, 2001
    NarundiJedi,
    I agree that Kyp is still a light-side Jedi and is following the path of a good guy; he's just being more pro-active in the fight against the Vong than Luke and his sissy (j/k) friends and family. I remember Kyp's quote in one of the first novels about him being like Luke used to be during the Rebellion of the Empire and Luke was like Obi-Wan during that same time period. I think that he was very accurate with that analogy. Obi-Wan seemed to be more at peace with what he had done with his life and was willing to let Luke do the job of overthrowing the Emperor, just like Kyp and his codre of Jedi are doing to the Vong. I will admit that he may be going a bit over the top with some of his methods, but for the most part he is acting exactly as a younger Luke would. This is all IMHO.

24. Jagged-Fel

Jagged-Fel Jedi Youngling

Oct 7, 2001
    Incidentally, thanks for saying that I'm perfect ladies =^) I always enjoy hearing compliments.

25. LtSticks

LtSticks Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 15, 2001
    Oh yeah.. regarding Kyp, I think they would make a good couple (he was right in Rebirth about them having more in common than Mara and Jaina did) but Han would KILL Kyp. Then again, that might be a good idea...

This is probably a topic for another post, but Mara never went over to the dark side, and apparently Jaina does, so she will have more in common with Kyp pretty soon! Also, Mara's got Ben to deal with. Does anyone think Jaina will become Kyp's apprentice?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.