main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jaina: What should become of her in NJO?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by LtSticks, Oct 15, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ForceAlly

ForceAlly Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 4, 2001
    "Does anyone think Jaina will become Kyp's apprentice?"

You mean, in the Sith way? [face_devil]

2. jediwenger

jediwenger Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 16, 2001
    following her dabbling in the dark side and the destruction of the Vong she should find the proprietor of a public house, get married and spend the rest of her days relaxing with the locals, supping the odd pint.

She could promote the introduction of the premier league in the GFFA by having promotional events during live coverage of Sky matches. Obviously the champions league should also feature heavly as all Arsenal games. She could end up being the Arsenal talent scout although I am sure the football league would ahow some anti-alien bias as multiple legs etc could prove a slightly unfair advantage over the 90 minutes of a game.

Anyway good luke to the Gooners tonight.
    :D :D :D

3. dark_jedi

dark_jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 10, 2001
    the future is always in motion, i just had a vision of jaina taking a drak path.

4. Muke_Skywalker

Muke_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2000
    Kyp
    Zekk
    Jaina

What do these three have in common?

They're all potential love interests for each other (Jaina + Kyp, Zekk + Jaina, Kyp + Zekk???) AND they've all turned to the drak side. :)

5. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    LOL.

I still think everything aside, age, etc, Jaina and Kyp are still an awful combination.

6. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    And about the Rogue Squadron lead thing: if Gavin doesn't die, I think he'll continue to be lead throughout the NJO. If he dies, it won't be Jaina to get it though, since she's not the most experienced.

Jaina/Jag forever!!

7. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    I hate to really push people's buttons TOO much, but Jaina and Jag? COME ON!!!! I read onslaught and ruin, and I'm not even sure which book Jag was in, if not both. Basically when I read the books I skim until I see a main character's name and if the section looks interesting I read it. The fact that I didn't even notice there was a Jagged Fel in those books and that he's not in any of the other books tells me he was a Stackpole creation in the one hope that Jaina might get a love interest. I guess none of the other authors thus far have taken the bait.
    As for Kyp, I read through Rebirth again and it seems that there are very few references to Kyp actually having feelings for Jaina. Most of the time it's her getting butterflies from him. Now she hates him. My guess is that we've seen the end of that, unless he can pull her back from the drak side :p
    All I gotta say is "STOP TRYING TO MARRY OFF THE SOLO BRATS!!!!!" Jaina isn't even in her twenties and already they're trying to match her up? Poor Jaina :(

Narundi

8. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    I still think she's heading for the drak side. [face_plain]

9. Rogue_Starbuck

Rogue_Starbuck Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2000
    I'm amazed you posted that and kept a straight face, Gandolf :D

The Drak Side just won't die!

10. suncrusherX

suncrusherX Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2001
    han likes kyp, he'd kill jag.

"You mean, in the Sith way?"

lol

11. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    I don't know if Han would still like Kyp with the way the writers have been portraying his character in the NJO. Han liked the Kyp that was the skinny brash kid. KJA made it sound like he was possessed by the spirit of Exar Kun, so in a way it wasn't entirely Kyp's fault that he destroyed Carida. However, the writers of the NJO make it so NOBODY wants to have any sort of sympathy for Kyp at all. They want him to be the opposite of Luke and they want you to hate him. Most of all, with the way Kyp acted toward Jaina, lying to her and causing her to kill civilians when she didn't want to, I'm sure if Han gets wind of that he'll want to kick Kyp's butt for upseting his little girl!
    Bottom Line: If I were Han, I wouldn't like what Kyp has become.

Narundi

12. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    Han seems ok with him in VP

He is happy to see him in JE

He says something against Lukes river idea, showing he does agree with Kyp (Rebirth I think)

I think he still likes him, and would prefer him to some dirty Imp :)

13. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    The Drak Side... Hum... That's what happens when you forget double check your posts...

Grrr... I always check usually, why not this time ?

Bah, anyway, it was fun ! :D

14. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    You're too prejudiced against Imperials!

And I agree, Han would not be happy that Kyp used his daughter that way.

15. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    First, Im not. But Han ahs been fighting Imps most of his life, and remember it was how they treated Chewie that got him thrown out. I think hed be a teeensy bit prejudiced :)

Second, remember, Kyp's actions saved a friend of his. I think hed be more understanding than youd think

16. Freyja

Freyja Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    I won't make any claims about what Hans reaction to Kyp would be. However, in my mind it is against his personality to give a rats behind whether Jag is an Imp or not. He wasn't even around when the Empire was in control. Han isn't given to senseless prejudice. I think you're way off there.

17. Galleon

Galleon Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 26, 2001
    I really don't think Han will mind Kyp that much.
    When you look at Kyp he actually is a lot like a young Han with his brash regard for authority and his often near sighted views. Besides I got the impression from the Jedi academy trilogy that Han and Kyp developed a very close bond with each other. I mean Han took him skiing, and then chased after him when he stole the sun crusher. As for Jag he is a typical Stackpole male character, and while that is not always a bad thing he was mentioned in Ruin and has not been seen or mentioned since.

18. Freyja

Freyja Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    There hasn't been enough of Jag to label him as a typical anything at this point. I think he'll be back and it will be other authors filling him out then. I don't think they would bother giving him a short story if they weren't going to use him again.

19. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    Yeah, I agree. No point in writing a story about a character that's never going to be brought back.

20. JWK

JWK Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 18, 2000
    turn to the Drak side she will.

21. JadedofMara

JadedofMara Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    The whole problem I had with the jaina and kyp thing (besides the fact that I hate kyp) was that I DOUBT that it was true love between them. IMHO, he was hitting on her because he was USING her. Using her for the destruction of the Vong worldship. So she SHOULDNT end up with him, because i dont think that he really loves her AT ALL.

She should become rouge lead, eventually, and never get married.

22. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    I think that Kyp probably LUSTS after Jaina, because as you all can see from the cover of dark journey, she's pretty damn good looking! But yeah, there were no references really to him being in love with her, all he ever said was that she was one of his "more attractive friends". She, however, was the one who got butterflies from him, if I remember correctly. Man, if I were Jaina I'd be kicking myself for liking him, after how he used her. I've had guys act like Kyp to me before and all I wanna do is go rip their insides out. Oops, that would be of the drak side, wouldn't it?
    But I do hope she gets married eventually. "Just not before the age of 30" As my dad would say to me ;) If she does get married, I certainly hope it's not to a jerk like Kyp. Not that I don't love Kyp the jerk, but Jaina can do better :D

Jae Angel aka "Narundi"

23. LtSticks

LtSticks Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 15, 2001
    ForceAlly I meant that maybe she'll leave Mara's apprenticeship and train as a Jedi with Kyp instead. Anyway, is she actually full Jedi now? Cos she isn't exactly treated like one. Personally I think she is but I don't know.

24. ForceAlly

ForceAlly Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 4, 2001
    I was making a joke. Should put a silly face behind my words :p

(Then again, maybe I am not. Those whose are close to Kyp tent to live short ?[face_plain] )

Anyway, I think Jaina is treated more as a pilot than a Jedi in NJO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.