main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jaina's Vision of Jag Fel in DJ

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Lianna, Mar 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lianna

Lianna Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    Yeah JD that was one of my favorite parts too. Hmm. I never considered the implications of the words "heard what you didn't say". I will have to read them again to see if I think that there is any connection. I'm sure that Becca is reading this and saying that we see what we want to see. [face_laugh]

2. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    I'm worried about this y'know. Look at the prequels. If Anakin and Padmé don't have a similar bond, does that mean their love is less? Luke and Mara have an excuse, two force sensitives. But THIS in particular bothers me.

3. BattleDog

BattleDog Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 23, 2002
    I think Jaina will get closer to Kip, but ultimatly she will be with Jag.

Think about it, Kyp is in his mid thirties, Jaina is not even 19!

The thing you're missing is that if Jaina and Jag get together it will join the Solo/Antillies blood-line.

Also he's a Correlian:D

4. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    The thing you're missing is that if Jaina and Jag get together it will join the Solo/Antillies blood-line.

Perfect reason to not want it then

5. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    That, BD, is why it's so predictable. And I hate predictable. I was originally for Kyp and Jaina cuz no one else was and it seemed unlikely to ever happen. Now I'm for them cuz they're perfect together.

Has anyone else noticed that every thread that even mentions Jaina always ends up in a debate about who she should end up with?

6. NikeSkylark

NikeSkylark Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 20, 2002
    maybe coz jaina's lovelife (or lack thereof) is really interesting???

~NiKe SKyLaRK~
    (who's anti-kyp/jaina, doesn't really care who jaina ends up with just as long as it's NOT kyp, i don't care if it's jag or zekk or tsavong lah or even tahiri!!! just as long as it's not kyp!!!)

7. Lianna

Nov 9, 2001
    True JD, it does always end up that way. I hesitated posting this thread because of that very reason but I could not resist. There was so much hype about the vision and how it proved a connection between her and Jag. I thought it would be intereting to put another spin on it. My interest really peaked when I realized that it was an X-wing that she saw him in. It made me wonder why she would see him in an X-wings circuitry. Then it hit me, Kyp flies an X-wing. What if she had a vision about Kyp's future and only mistook it for Jag. It would not be too farfetched. Afterall, EC made comparisons between Jag and Kyp's appearances and the vision she had was very brief and the subject "tiny". Add to that that she had just been abruptly brought out of a vision in which Kyp was a part of, right at the part that Kyp's role in the vision was coming into focus and by Kyp himself. Add it up and what do you have? A very interetsing possibilty. I thought so at least. But, then, I'm prone to fantacies, and I'm off of my medication. [face_laugh] j/k

8. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Dec 1, 2001
    That is way too funny, Lianna.

9. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    You're seeing what you want to see. :p

Hehe, I had to say that after your comment.

Actually, I don't want to start a fight, I'm in a good mood today, for once.

10. Lianna

Nov 9, 2001
    Thanks Becca, I don't want a fight. And yeah I'm probably seeing what I want to see. But you have to admit, it is interesting.

11. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Dec 1, 2001
    Life is more fun when you see what you want to see. And isn't it in one of the movies that someone says "your outlook determines your reality"? I've always liked that quote for exactly that reason.

12. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    I'm in too good a mood today to even hate Kyp! Isn't that amazing?

13. LianaMara

LianaMara Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 30, 2000
    Lianna: interesting thoughts. I always thought that the vision-thing didn't really prove Jaina's "connection" to Jag.

I used to totally detest Kyp, but he's sort of grown on me. However, I still have a soft spot for Jag. :)

I agree Jedi_Jaina_Durron: every thread that talks about Jaina in some way ends up being an argument about who is better for Jaina. I'd rather wait until NJO is finished to see who she ends up with.

(checking out the Lit board, my old home-
    I love your name, Lianna ;) )

14. Lianna

Nov 9, 2001
    Thanks LM. I kinda like yours too.

15. Lianna

Nov 9, 2001
    I was reading the spoilers for Rebel Dream about Kyp, Jag, Jaina being in the same squadron and I thought about the point in this thread when I asked why she would see Jag in an X-wing and wondered if her vision might not be for a future event. Well, if they are in Luke's Twin Suns Squadron, flying no doubt X-wings. So, that would explain why she might would see Jag in the circuitry of an X-wing. It could be possible that her vision was for a future event.

16. Freyja

Freyja Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Yeah, you're right. Could be.

17. Lianna

Nov 9, 2001
    Thanks Frey. There is a theory that Jag could die in the NJO. I wonder if that is what the vision could be of. I know it will break a lot of hearts though.

18. Freyja

Nov 2, 2000
    Ah, yes...RF's theory. :)

I honestly don't know what to make of it. On one hand it makes sense, on the other he is pretty loved for a little used character and it seems like a waste that I'm not sure they'd do it. But it is anyone's guess. We'll see...

19. Lianna

Nov 9, 2001
    Seems like Jag has cheated death a lot his life. Once in DJ with the help of Jaina and then in RD thanks to Jaina again. How many times can she pull it off?

Seriously, I'm not sure either if RF's theory is true or not. I actually had been thinking along those lines too but I'm still not sure.

20. Freyja

Nov 2, 2000
    I think everyone in the GFFA has cheated death plenty. Look at the OT three. I wouldn't base things on that.

Jaina needs to quit rescuing him though. Twice is indeed enough. :) I'm not too sure about this, not convinced it's wrong either, but I'll be a little surprised I think.

21. Lianna

Nov 9, 2001
    If Jaina rescues him too many times it will give him a bad reputation.

22. Freyja

Nov 2, 2000
    Yep. [face_laugh] I was thinking that.

23. Lianna

Nov 9, 2001
    I could just imagine the reaction he would get from his Chiss counterparts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.