main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

James Cameron's Dark Angel

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by gonzoforce, Jun 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gonzoforce

gonzoforce Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 27, 2002
    anybody remember this series starring Jessica Alba, I think in one of here first roles? James Cameron even directed an episode.

2. Wizewan

Wizewan Jedi Youngling

Jun 7, 2007
    Yea I do. I remember watching the first couple episodes. It kinda got old after awhile. Jessica looked great:D . I believe one of her first roles was "idle hands" She was adorable back then as well. If you haven't seen that movie, I highly recommend it.

3. Space_Wolf

Space_Wolf Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2007
    It was a shame that they canceled it after the first couple of series.

4. Panther50

Panther50 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2004
    I thought it was a good show, got kind of complicated towards the end with the whole secret society trying to take over the world or whatever was going on there. Pity they could never make a final movie to try and wrap things up a little.

5. Ree

Ree Jedi Master star 5

Jan 25, 2005
    yay! Finally a Dark Angel thread!!

I have them on dvd. Good show but the very last episode was v. depressing.

6. Space_Wolf

Space_Wolf Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2007
    There are a few novels around, though. One was set just before the pilot episode of the first series, explianing what happened to Max after she escaped from Manticore and the last two were set after the last episode of the second series. They kinda wrap them up. The only advantage to there just beng a couple of series though is that you don't have to spend a fortune on getting them on DVD like you have to do with Stargate for instance. Still, I would have liked to have seen more of it. Mutant X came out around the same time, but I think Dark Angel was the better show.

7. Rouge Null

Rouge Null Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    I can't remember the exact quote, but some critic said something to the effect of "... and this show is never in danger of being canceled. Whenever the ratings slump all the writers need to do is say that Max is in heat, and millions of nerds will flock to their t.v.'s."

I guess Fox proved him wrong!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.