main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

James Luceno

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Aragorn327, Jan 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    I just found out the James Luceno, author of the Agents of Chaos SW series lives down the street from a friend of mine! :eek:

2. IAmTheDarkSide

IAmTheDarkSide Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    Promise not to pester him, beg him for an autograph, or otherwise invade his privacy, please. It's okay if you meet him on the street to let him know you appreciate his work, but don't go knocking on his door...it's rude.... :mad:

3. Aragorn327

Aug 20, 2001
    I wasn't going to, I was just really surprised. I respect other people's privacy.

4. IAmTheDarkSide

Jan 9, 2002
    By the way, my angry face was not directed at you...as the essence of pure evil, I'm just perpetually angry. :mad:

5. Aragorn327

Aug 20, 2001
    ah, o........k. *runs out of lit forum*

6. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    Cool. I wish I knew where some authors lived that I could go and pester... :D

7. Kier_Nimmion

Kier_Nimmion Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 9, 2000

Um, I actually think it's best that, say, Genghis doesn't live near Zahn.

8. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
  9. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    Rebecca, heh. I think you are Elaine Cunningham. ;)

10. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    You know Iamthedarkside, if you really were trully evil, you would be telling him to do all he can to pester James Luceno. Evil looks for the most evil things to do.

11. IAmTheDarkSide

Jan 9, 2002
    Not very subtle are you, Valiento? How can you presume to fathom the depths of evil that run through my veins? You haven't the faintest inkling of my ulterior motives! Mwuahahahahaha! :mad:

12. Kier_Nimmion

Kier_Nimmion Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 9, 2000

Like wearing white after Labor Day.

13. Darkside_Spirit

Darkside_Spirit Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 9, 2001
    Interesting. Does his speech contain as much obscure and convoluted vocabulary as his writing? (That's no criticism btw. I like obscure and convoluted vocab :) )!

Does anyone have a photo of him where he's not wearing dark glasses and on a hike through some remote jungle? :)

14. Sinje_Gawa

Sinje_Gawa Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 17, 2001
    I heard that he has his own portable jungle on standby in case anyone takes a picture of him. And those aren't dark glasses, they are surgical implants that feed lengthy diatribes with 'obscure vocabulary' to him 24/7 in the event he should have to call on such language.

Actually, no offense to anyone who may actually be one of these authors, but I have a hard time remembering who did what... NJO is all kind of running together for me. I'm not sure how much that has to do with the editorial staff and the overall plot. I have been able to enjoy some of the books better than others, but it's all just been NJO to me. Sorry. With perhaps the notable exception of Star By Star - in that book I had to go back and reread a couple of action scenes to understand where everything was and what everyone was doing. I think that writing style will always stick out in my mind, in a bad way.

So forgive my ignorance (which could easily be remedied by looking the books up)... which one was James Luceno?

EDIT - Oh, that James Luceno. Like the Ryn... could have done without the rather sudden, one-sided, predictable and late mid-life crisis on the part of Han, as well as the rushed feel of the story's end.

15. Darkside_Spirit

Darkside_Spirit Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 9, 2001
    Portable jungle :D :D

His writing works better with some people than others (personally I rather like it, and wouldn't ever describe it as "diatribe") and remember that the NJO is interesting because it follows a single continuous plot, but is written by a wide variety of authors.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.