main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

James Mangold directing Boba Fett

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Bor Mullet, May 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    [face_laugh]

2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Maul will appear in Boba Fett and then again in Kenobi and then be inserted into the Rogue One Special Edition.

3. All_Powerful_Jedi

All_Powerful_Jedi Force Ghost star 4

Sep 12, 2003
    Great choice.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Yeah, he is.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  5. Miles Lodson

Miles Lodson Chosen One star 4

Jul 10, 1998
    Excellent

And I second the call for setting this post-ROTJ

6. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    He is the Hitchcock of SW films.

The Legions of Lettow likes this.
  7. Strategize

Strategize Jedi Master star 3

Dec 18, 2017
    Wait, we're actually getting a Boba Fett movie?

I legit thought that was a running joke from people who say "Lets see how far they scrape the bottom of the barrel of the OT, I bet they make a Boba Fett movie lol".

Guess not.

Last edited: May 24, 2018
  8. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Okay. Good choice. Will they let the Rating bump up a notch for this movie?

And Maul... sure. happy to have him floating around the Dark Times movies. More Maul.

kalzeth likes this.
  9. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    Seriously, people have wanted a Fett movie. They even made a comic years ago where he survived the Sarlaac. Fans love Fett.

10. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Wouldn’t be surprised if Alden Ehrenreich and Donald Glover are also in this. As well as Maul, who seems to be set up as the SW version of Thanos. This is fun!

11. Strategize

Strategize Jedi Master star 3

Dec 18, 2017
    I knew he's always been a cult classic for alot of the hardcore fans, just not a "gets his own blockbuster movie" cult classic. Curious to see how well this will do at the BO for the casuals, he's not a sure fire bet as Han or Obi-wan. Then again, it's a Star Wars movie, so it'll probably do at least ok regardless.

12. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    And his first Logan movie where Logan goes to Japan is really good! I have both of Mangolds Logan Movies on Blu-ray and digital. I am assuming this to be true because The Hollywood Reporter Is pretty close to being official they always seem to get the big breaking Hollywood news! I think these will probably be both Officially announced when the Hype dies down on Solo. We might get a double whammy announcement of Obi-Wan and Boba Fett in one press release. As much as I love Mangold as a Director I am surprised they haven't nabbed The Director Of Wonder Woman or another Woman director....

13. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    I wouldn't be surprised to see other SW characters in this. I doubt it will be the man with no name in the entire picture.

14. AhsokaSolo

AhsokaSolo Force Ghost star 7

Dec 23, 2015
    I never saw Logan, but the director choice I really like just because of the tone of Logan and the reception to it. I have the impression that it’s quality stuff of the caliber I want to see in SW.

But man does this topic as an anthology film bore me. I think LF is just never going to leave this era or get creative with this galaxy. After Han in the underworld of the Empire time period (aka no Jedi), we’ll get Boba in the underworld of either 20 years later as the New Republic is forming, or during the Empire earlier (either way, aka no Jedi). LF really seems to feel that people don’t want to see a variety of new force using characters.

Jedha likes this.
  15. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I read an article that confirmed Daldry for Obi-wan a couple of weeks ago so I think that Is happening. And correct me If I am wrong but Isn't Daldry a pretty unknown director? Although he isn't that young he is 58. but not that big in the states.

16. obi_kenobi_24

obi_kenobi_24 Force Ghost star 4

Aug 17, 2003
    loved both his wolverine movies....but Fett though, I don't know

depends on how they explain his Looney Tunes outing in RotJ….And Im not sure Id be on board with the whole a new person "takes up the mantle' thing.

17. Darth Bridge 167

Darth Bridge 167 Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 13, 2017
    Disney to the fans after TLJ came out: Kill the past, or this franchise will get stale.

Disney release schedule: Solo, Episode 9, Obiwan, Boba Fett.

18. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    There’s no guarantee it’d be after RotJ or they’d go the “new guy, same suit” route. In fact, after Solo I think it’s more likely it would be set in the Dark Times. I also wouldn’t be surprised if Morison returned to voice the role with a stunt actor in the suit who doesn’t take the helmet off.

19. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016
    I like James Mangold as a filmmaker and suggested him about four years ago before the parade of hirings/removals which caused me to not get excited anymore. Boba Fett's far from my favorite character but for the people that like the character they could easily do far worse than that hire so if there's a director who can make a Boba Fett western work it's this one. Over the years I've read about many of Mangold's projects being announced and not coming to fruition for one reason or another so who knows. And who knows if this'll end up in theaters or what will end up straight to the Disney streaming service if it gets made.

20. Darth Nave

Darth Nave Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2015
    This. Is. ****ing. PERFECT!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I've been saying that he should direct either this or Kenobi for the longest time, and to hear this two hours before I'm off to see Solo only makes it so much sweeter.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  21. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Well that's a deliberate obscuring of their schedule. You know their other plans.

It's a mix of new stuff and nostalgia, and that's fine.

ShaneP likes this.
  22. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    Awesome!

I hope it's not post-ROTJ tbh. I never liked the idea of Fett coming back from the dead and would find his journey to becoming so infamous, his relationship with Vader, and his relationship with Jabba (maybe even Han?) way more compelling.

23. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    The new MCU- Maul Cinematic Universe

24. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    He is the Nick Fury of the GFFA.

Bor Mullet and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  25. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I loved The Wolverine and Logan. I do think the trades are being a bit premature, though. And what the hells going on with Obi-Wan? According to everyone and their grandmother and her pet tortoise, its good to go. Now HR says that no one is currently working on the script. Sorry???

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.