main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jamesehomepage: Star Wars FanSite

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Sites' started by jamesehomepage, Mar 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamesehomepage

jamesehomepage Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2005
    Star Wars News, Star Wars Episode III Trailer, Star Wars Star Scrips, LEGO Upcoming Products, Star Wars Downloads, Star Wars Toolbar, Star Wars Movie Clips, Star Wars Animated GIF's, Star Wars Quiz's, Star Wars Polls, Star Wars Webring, Free E-Mail Service (yourname@jamesehomepage.zzn.com) And Lot's More At:
    http://www.geocities.com/jamesehomepage
    Thanks!

2. EndorRebelScum

EndorRebelScum Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 30, 2004
    It's not the ONLY! website........ idiot

3. JM_Reider_Undasey

JM_Reider_Undasey Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 30, 2004
    it barely works

4. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    Cmon guys,he's only 13. Cut him some slack. :)

jamesehomepage: I think your website is pretty cool. I like the star background. :)

5. JM_Reider_Undasey

Sep 30, 2004
    im not busting on him, im just saying that it barely works. if my website barely worked, id want someone to tell me

6. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    JM_Reider_Undasey: Sorry,I wasn't really refering to you. I just thought maybe EndorRebelScum could cut him some slack. Just my oppinion. :)

7. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Works alright for me. I don't like all the ads though. Otherwise it's okay.

8. emimar

emimar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2003
    There are some improvements that could be done. You should use arial or veranda for your fonts as it will look better than using times new roman. I'd swicth the host to bravenet as I've found it looks much better than geocities. I used to be on geocities but I hated the fact that it was so inflexible when it came to editing web pages you'd done in other programs. Bravenet also gives you a load of cool ad ons like the forums, guestbook, etc.

I don't like the ad square thing, espacally now that it's in a frame. It used to be just a little square up in the corner that you could get rid of easily - now it takes over half the page. That's one reason why I'm glad I ditched geocities when I did. Problem is, most people who do a website for the first time come across geocities because they have their first e-mail account with yahoo and so they think cool - I can have my own website but what they don't realise is that it usually looks awrful because of the ad square!

Please refrain from calling people idiots, it's not very nice. How would you like it if I called you arrogant, EndorRebelScum? You should look at your own web design skills before you start having a go at others.

9. jamesehomepage

Mar 18, 2005
    GeoCities Was The First Free Host I Saw, I Didn't Know There Was Others, So I Just Went For That One. Sorry If I Pissed Anyone Off. Not!
    If You Think My Site Can Be Improved, Then Contact Me And Help Me Improve It! <!DON'T THINK SO!>
    webmaster@jamesehomepage.zzn.com
    Also I Do Use BRAVENET Anyway, If You Looked Properly!
    Thanks,
    Jamesehomepage

10. JM_Reider_Undasey

Sep 30, 2004
    Sorry If I Pissed Anyone Off. Not!
    If You Think My Site Can Be Improved, Then Contact Me And Help Me Improve It! <!DON'T THINK SO!>

*hiss* easy there buddy. No one is pissed save the first guy that posted.

11. jamesehomepage

Mar 18, 2005
    EndorRebelScum: "It's not the ONLY! website........ idiot" To You, I Ask This: What Other Website, Apart From AOL And starwars.com, Or Are Afflited To Those Sites, Have The HTML Code For The Trailer To Use On Their Own Website?

12. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    No sites aside from AOL and StarWars.com legally have the right to use the trailer on their site. That includes yours.

It's not like you even uploaded it yourself, you're remotely embedding their files.

Also, the guestbook as an iframe inside of a frame inside of a frame has to be one of the most annoying things I've ever seen.

Please get rid of the "May the Force be with you" popup when people leave your site, it's quite annoying as well.

13. jamesehomepage

Mar 18, 2005
    Again, Sorry If I Pissed You Off... <!IN YOUR DREAMS I'D SAY SORRY!>

14. YodaJeff

Oct 18, 2001
    Why Do You Capitalize The First Letter Of Every Word <!AND TALK IN BRACKETS LIKE THIS!>

15. jamesehomepage

Mar 18, 2005
    Becuause I want to. Do you have a problem with that!?

16. jamesehomepage

Mar 18, 2005
    If You Have A Star Wars Website, Join My Top Ten Star Wars Sites Service At: http://www.topsitelists.com/area51/jamese/
    And Get More Exposure For Your Star Wars Site. NOW!

17. sotf_webmiss

sotf_webmiss Jedi Youngling

Mar 9, 2005
    Hey jamesehomepage! It think it's great that you've made a site! I remember my first site. Yours has more on it than my did when I first started. Anyhoo, it took awhile for me to learn and understand HTML and graphics program. Check out my site, http://paid-to-smile.net/lydia

If you'd like advice, help, whatever, feel free to email me! I was lucky to have two nice people helping me after awhile; they gave me pointers mostly. I've been designing for five years, now. :D

18. emimar

emimar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2003
    Well, being as though I was actually defending you from Endorrebelscum because he called you an idiot...I was just giving you some advice on how to improve your site, not being nasty. Being as though I have done a University course in web design, I know a little bit more about it than you.

I won't even bother helping you again - perhaps Endorrebelscum was right with the way you've replied to people.

I'd get rid of the trailer before you get in trouble with Lucasfilm.

"I already use bravenet, if you looked" well, I did look - if I hadn't I wouldn't have told you about arial and veranda being better fonts. Look at the Force.net, they don't use times new roman. Well, you obviously haven't looked properly at bravenet or you'd seen that they host websites!

19. jamesehomepage

Mar 18, 2005
    I know Bravenet does hosting. And also, how will Lucasfilm hear about it? I only run a small, and as most people see it, crappy site!

20. sotf_webmiss

sotf_webmiss Jedi Youngling

Mar 9, 2005
    There are programs used by companies such as LucasFilm that does a search for a particular item, and if a site contain it, they will know. And no, it's not a search engine, but a specific program, can't remember the name though.

21. YodaJeff

Oct 18, 2001
    They can easily look at their log files and see the various sites that are linking to a particular file.

It's funny that you're trying to brag about being the "only site" :rolleyes: with the trailer, yet are trying to hide that fact from Lucasfilm.

"Being as though I have done a University course in web design, I know a little bit more about it than you."

While I agree with your post in general, I definitely disagree with that statement. A lot of web design depends on creativity and style, which are hard to teach in classes. Sure, you might learn HTML and CSS, but the quality of the page really depends on how you implement those. I've never had a course in web design, but I still can make a better site than most people who have had a class or two.

22. jamesehomepage

Mar 18, 2005
    I agree with YodaJeff. Just because you have done a course, dosen't mean your better than me!

23. YodaJeff

Oct 18, 2001
    Actually, in your case, it probably does.

24. jamesehomepage

Mar 18, 2005
    YodaJeff, I am agreeing with what your saying, and you insult me? Maybe I should just continue to be hostile towards you! And I think I will!
    P.S: Wierdo, You Are!

25. YodaJeff

Oct 18, 2001
    *Weirdo.

I simply said that taking a class doesn't always mean that they're better at something. A lot of the time, it's true, but there are some exceptions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.