main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

jamie and theresas 2007 road trip-san fransisco to los angeles!

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by jamierichards, Feb 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamierichards

jamierichards Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    or is it los angeles to san fransisco?
    either way,we've booked the flights for november,and the countdown starts here!
    keep looking for more updates.

2. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    You lucky people! :D

Sounds great, San Fransisco is one city I intend to visit one day, and while you're in the area give George a ring ;)

3. jamierichards

Nov 12, 2002
    you know,the thought had crossed my mind...!

4. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    I'm sure he'd love you invite you round for a cuppa....just make sure you don't behave the way you did infront of Adam Hughes :p

5. Leia-Organa

Leia-Organa Jedi Youngling

Jun 16, 2005
    Hey Jamie! You will have an amazing time! I did LA to the Bay last May, and it was the highlight of my world tour, i had the time of my life - i went from Universal Studios/Hollywood/Disneyland LA, then down to San Diego, down to Tijuana Mexico, then thru the Arizona desert sand dunes to Phoenix, then up to the Grand Canyon, thru Las Vegas baby yeah! And then to Yosemite National Park on my way thru to San Fransisco Bay. Yosemite was beautiful during May because all the waterfalls were in full flow because of the snow melting right after summer. Talk about an awesome time :) San Fransisco is the most beautiful city i have ever seen. The bridges, the hills, the water, the houses, It is like a dream - the very best views of the bay though are from the prison dining room and recreation yard on creepy Alcatraz :) So make sure to take a ferry ride out to the island :) Oh, i wish i was going again! Make sure in SF you visit Lombard Street (the world's crookedest street), china town, Haight Street (where Hippy culture was born), and castro district is also a great place to visit once(the gay capital of the world - was a bit of an eye opener for a small town gal like me!!). And try not to go into the tenderloin district - there are so many homeless people and it's such a bad area for crime.

6. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    And let's not forget San Fran is where they filmed the legendary TV series Sliders :D
    You have to find the gate with the creaky hindge Jamie, it's the only way you will know you're in the right world (one for the fans there ;) ).

7. jamierichards

Nov 12, 2002
    wow! thanks for the advice,leia...
    and sadly,matt,i know what you're talking about.
    but i swear i never watched an entire episode!

8. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    meh you need to go to Toronto :p

I know there is a good place for eating in SF I will look up where it is for you guys.

9. DarthArsenal6

DarthArsenal6 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 16, 2001
    Talk about bad grammer, Jamie you should know better than that..

los angeles???????
    san fransisco????
    november ??????

10. jamierichards

Nov 12, 2002
    it's time for your lie down,mate...
    hang on,san francisco...
    you're absolutely right.

11. DarthArsenal6

DarthArsenal6 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 16, 2001
    ????? ^

anyway.....

12. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Lads, can you take the hormones outside lol, you're spilling the pints all over the floor :p

Sounds like a great trip Jamie, can we all come along? :p
    I am trying to work out if I can do Los Angeles CIV in the time limits I have with work - that would mean fly out Friday night, come back Monday. If I can do it, I will be CIVing too.

13. jamierichards

Nov 12, 2002
    go for it,tim...so long as you put a little time and cash away for the london con.
    alot of the ner'do'wells are saying they won't bother attending the london event cos it won't be a patch on the yank events.
    logic?
    no.

14. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    It's going to be different, but hell it's going to be loads and loads of SW fans all in one place all at the same time, with some official stuff. Maybe no CIV (or CIII) but I am in full support of what Cards Inc and co are doing. Whether it's not the same, I really don't care. I am going down to be with my fellow fans in a cool environment. If others want to miss it, then more space for us lol

15. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    I think the shows will be very simular except for the scale. But that's no bad thing because at CIII you were so limited to what you could do due to spending most of the day in a queue, so in many ways CE has an upper hand on that front. And it's all about the people who you spend the time with, as you quite rightly say Tim :D

16. jamierichards

Nov 12, 2002
    ...and absolutely everybody,no exceptions,goes away with an incredibly free and super exclusive star wars mini-art book when they attend.
    just come see me.
    i'll be in the bar.
    :)
    i won't really be in the bar,it just sounds cool...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.