main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jan 18th Meeting

Discussion in 'Archive: Melbourne, FL' started by LordGoldenArrow, Dec 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordGoldenArrow

LordGoldenArrow Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 13, 2002
    Hey everyone!

Time to start talking about a Jan meeting!

I think the second Saturday will come way to quickly for most of us. How about the third Saturday? The 18th? Does that work?

Art

2. Mayo_Solo

Mayo_Solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2001
    A meeting! Yay!

As far as I know, that works for me.

And if I can pass the eye test, then I may have my permit by then to drive.

Although I know my dad won't let me drive there. :D

3. Ruckus

Ruckus Jedi Master star 3

Apr 2, 2002
    Works for me too!

4. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    "Time to start talking about a Jan meeting!"

Sounds good to me, but what if Jan doesn't want to meet anyone? I've heard she's kind of shy.

Sorry, just ignore me. It's been a long day.

Mayo, you'll give us free rides if you have your permit, right?

-Katie
    Thumper

5. Mayo_Solo

Aug 9, 2001
    If I get my permit sure. But you all have to be aware of the fact that it's ride at your own risk.

My dad said that he isn't ready to ride in the same car that I'm driving yet, because he doesn't go to the doctor until Feb and he won't have his nerve pills till then.

He and my grandfather have decided that my first car will be a bumper car. :D ;)

Marlana, the girl who usually comes with me has not been informed about any of this. lol.

So, Katie, if I can survive my four hour drug class tomorrow, and pass the written exam, then you guys may get some free rides. I promise.

6. TheSpectre

TheSpectre Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2002
    I'm in pending banishment.

7. LordGoldenArrow

Jan 13, 2002
    cool! Pending banishment though?

8. Mayo_Solo

Aug 9, 2001
    Pending banishment?

Ok.

9. Thumper09

Dec 9, 2001
    I bet Buzz is expecting the Empire to kick him out because he has an X-wing as his icon now. :p

(Aww, they took the holiday icons away! Now I can't have my Scrat icon anymore! <whimper>)

P.S. Buzz, you have to come! I'm sure that everyone here is sick of listening to me cry about Firefly's fate (or at least I would be if I were them), and I need someone else to complain to about it. :p

-Katie
    Thumper

10. Mayo_Solo

Aug 9, 2001
    Katie, they took my Scrat icon awau to. ::begins to cry::

Hey Katie, I passed the Dru alcohol traffic awareness class, now on to wensday. And mesa super happy because the dmv place I'm taking my written exam at, doesn't do vision tests. Or so I've ben told. I'm sure I'd pass it, but I don't like the icky mchines that test you. :D

And I might not have a companion. She may have other plans.

It's sorta strange how she quickly declared that right after I said that if I get my permit, I might be able to drive part way there. Hmmmm.

Buzz, why are you pending banishment?

11. LordGoldenArrow

Jan 13, 2002
    Meeting time folks!

18 Jan at 2pm at the Titusville Library!

Hope to see everyone there!

We'll be discussing our Camping event and anything else we decided. Think of things to talk about. <eg>

Art

12. Thumper09

Dec 9, 2001
    Hi everyone.

Sorry for all you southerners, but apparently the Viera library was booked again on that day. And since we all know what a happening place Titusville is. . .It's the same place as last time, which will help if you came last time. I know I'm not making sense, but I don't care. :p

Anyway, I have the form for the room turned in and will be calling tomorrow to confirm that the appropriate person received it, but I didn't have a problem with that last time. Unless you hear differently from me, then we have the room.

I'm just going to repost the directions here for everyone's convenience. The original can be found in the November 2 meeting thread.

REPOST OF DIRECTIONS:

North Brevard Public Library in Titusville

FROM THE SOUTH
    Take I-95 north to Exit 79 (Titusville, Hwy. 50). Go east on Hwy. 50 until you reach US 1. US 1 runs along the river, so if you find yourself in the water, you've gone too far. Turn left (north) on US 1. At the stoplight for Harrison St. at the Miracle City Mall, turn left. Take Harrison to the first stop light just past the mall. This is Hopkins Ave. Turn right (north) onto Hopkins. The library is maybe 0.5 - 1 mile from there on the right-hand side.
    You can also take US 1 up from Melbourne, but you'll go through more traffic, obviously. If you take US 1 the whole way, figure about a half hour drive from US 1 and 520 in Cocoa.

FROM THE NORTH
    Take I-95 south to Exit 80 (Titusville, 406 / Garden St.). Turn left (east) on Garden St. (406). Follow this street for a few miles until just before you reach the river. Between 7-11 and Eckerd, turn right onto US 1 South, Hopkins Ave. Follow this. Now, you'll go past Main St. and little streets like that. Once you pass South St., make sure you're in the right-hand lane. After you pass one or two small car dealerships, US 1 will branch off to the left and a small two-way road will continue straight ahead. Keep going straight onto that two-way road. Follow that until you pass the high school, which is a bunch of white buildings with blue roofs. The library is immediately past that on the left-hand side. If you miss the branch-off, just continue on US 1 to Harrison St. and follow the instructions from there for the south people.

When you go in the first set of doors, turn right. There will be a sign there to direct people as well.

Any questions regarding the location or directions, e-mail me at kzajdel@fit.edu or contact me for my phone number.

Please note that this meeting is scheduled to start at 2:00, which is a half hour earlier than last time. Is that okay for our long-distance commuters?

Now that all the official stuff is out of the way, depending on when we get done with the meeting, would anyone be interested in going ice skating afterwards? There's a place in Rockledge I've been to multiple times, which is about 25 minutes or so south of Titusville and just off the Interstate. They have an open skate session from 1-4pm that Saturday. Admission is $7 and skate rental is an additional $3. While scraping ice off the windshield this morning I realized I haven't had a skating fix in way too long, so depending on the time we finish the meeting I'm probably going to go there afterwards. Anyone is welcome to join me.

-Katie
    Thumper

13. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    YEAH for Titusville Library! No 45 minute trip for me!!!!

14. TheSpectre

TheSpectre Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2002
    I am not going to be able to make it this weekend. I am going to hate to miss you guys.
    Buzz

15. Delaya

Delaya Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 26, 2001
    I too will be unable to attend. There is a Scottish Games thingy going on this weekend and I am going to go with my family.
    I will miss all of you guys. Do try to go on without me. ;)

16. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    Yeah I think the SCA is gonna be out there- I should be going there too... but--- alas--I will be at the meeting Saturday!

17. Wolfgang_Treadwell

Wolfgang_Treadwell Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 10, 2001
    Looks like I won't make it this time, either. See ya next month!

18. Lord_Gita

Lord_Gita Former TFN FanFilms Staff star 4 VIP

Oct 5, 2000
    Nope, In Ft. Lauderdale. :) I'll burn an X-Wing in effigy though.

19. Mayo_Solo

Aug 9, 2001
    Marlana, me, and my daddy will be there tomorrow. :D

With pictures.

Hey, where's Sandy?

20. Delaya

Delaya Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 26, 2001
    On strike. :D

21. LordGoldenArrow

Jan 13, 2002
    I'll explain at the meeting a bit.

Art

22. Thumper09

Dec 9, 2001
    Well, Darryl, you'll be happy to hear that I finally learned how to make origami TIE fighters. ;) Can't let Imperials have all the burning fun, now can we? :p

I also have instructions for TIE Interceptors, AT-STs and Star Destroyers, and I've seen a B-wing diagram as well.

I had to mop the drool off the keyboard when I saw photos of origami AT-ATs and snowspeeders, but alas, there were no instruction diagrams. Just a taunting image that shows someone, somewhere, knows how to make them, and I don't. Oh, 'twas better that I had never known, had never smelled the carrot dangling just out of reach with the bitter knowledge that I shall never, at least in the foreseeable future, obtain it. 'Tis bittersweet, oh so bittersweet.

Yes, I'm in an incredibly strange mood tonight. Just be glad I stopped there. :p

And everyone cheer for the beautiful launch we had yesterday.

-Katie
    Thumper

....Hey, you're not cheering! I said CHEER, darn it!

23. Mayo_Solo

Aug 9, 2001
    You guys are gonna laugh at me! :_|

I got my leg slammed in a cardoor earlier tonight. And I didn't even do it. So now I'm limping all around. :D

On strike.......hmmmmmm.

24. Lord_Gita

Lord_Gita Former TFN FanFilms Staff star 4 VIP

Oct 5, 2000
    Agreed on the beautiful launch! I watched from my sister's dock on the intracoastal. Absolutely gorgeous!

When do I get scans of those Oragami Imperials? :)

25. LordGoldenArrow

Jan 13, 2002
    Well, if it was anyone else I would tell you "You don't. That was just to tease you." But it's Katie so I'm sure she can tell you where they are to be located at. <g>

Art

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.