main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Syra, NY Jan 2004 Meeting

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by strawbary, Jan 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Howdy All !
    I havent spoken to most of you in ages. I think its time we finally have anther meeting and go over the events for 2004.

We have the St pattys parade coming up in march so we need to get a move on..... ;)

A few of you have mentioned Jan 20th being an OK date for a belated Xmas party so perhaps we can have our meeting then?

Lets all post here what dates in Jan work for everyone so we can get together :)

See everyone soon!

2. Raef_Wolfe

Raef_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2003
    Wow...ST Pattys parade...I think a little before that is when Arjuna joined.

o_O

Creepy, eh? One year around my bro and he hasn't cause any catastrophes yet! :D

3. DarthArjuna

DarthArjuna Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 14, 2002
    Feb 15 is my 1-year anniversary with the group.

Maybe we can do another Irish jig this year!

And yes, Jan. 20 works just fine.

4. DarkjediAssasin

DarkjediAssasin Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 7, 2003
    yea, the 20th works for me at the moment. I need to know the time and place before i can make any garentees

5. Matrix-Jedi

Matrix-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 19, 2003
    20th sounds like a plan to me. Kendo! Kendo!

-K

6. Karate-Jedi

Karate-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2003
    The 20th is a Tuesday. I will try and book it off work. I will try that today and let everyone know. If you want Kendo, we will need a place that doesn't mind a bit of a ruckus, it can get loud with all the sticks. Does everyone have Shinai yet. I have a spare.

7. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    Wait... maybe I should look at a calender first. January 20th? Tuesday? Since we don't have it off from school, we won't be able to attend this one.

8. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    My apologies, I didnt realise the 20th was a tuesday...LOL......I know the 19th is a holiday from school........does that work better? otherwise we can go ahead and vote for a different date..no worries ;)

9. Karate-Jedi

Feb 4, 2003
    Sunday the 25th is good for me. I have to work on the Monday the 19th and there is no way I can get out of it

10. Raef_Wolfe

Jul 12, 2003
    We don't have any Shinai, karate. And I'm no sure of any local places that would have one.

As for dates, I don't care, so long as it's sunday.

11. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    25th seems ok to me I dont think I have anything going on as well.

If everyone is ok with it we will switch it to sunday the 25th.....

Is lunch ok? Chinese? Steak? Bag lunch?
    Not sure everyone's budget so someone pick a venue :)

12. DarkjediAssasin

Sep 7, 2003
    the 25th works for us if it is sometime between 1 and 4. i dont have any shinai either. the lack of income is disturbing.

13. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    DJA- nice sig ;) "How about some ground with that snow?"

I have a dentist's appointment on the 19th, so that doesn't work. However, the 25th should be fine, I'll have to check to see if anything's going on.

14. Raef_Wolfe

Jul 12, 2003
    *thinks* 25th should be fine. As for food, I don't care, either :) My family isn't picky about food when eating out.

15. Padawan_Drogon

Padawan_Drogon Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 17, 2003
    Our family isn't picky about food...*ahem*...except the one who mentioned it. But thats OK. Assuming there's nothing scheduled for the family (wifey keeps track of those things) then the 25th should work fine. However, tough to say what time would be good. Usually we go to church on Sundays and follow that with a trip to the local diner. If the rest of the family is going to abandon my wife, then I would preer not to break our routine. We may just have a light snack there and more to eat at the restaurant. That being said, if you are planning lunch, we may not be there until 1:00-1:30. On the other hand, in addition to like most types of food, we also have pretty good appetites, so a snack first shouldn't be a problem.

16. Raef_Wolfe

Jul 12, 2003
    Argh...spoot...just remember, I have religion sunday nights, too. So thatmeans my family should probably go to church on saturday, though we'll have to talk it over.

17. DarkjediAssasin

Sep 7, 2003
    since the majority of us seem to think that the 25th is a good day, does anyone have an idea for what time and where? 1-4pm is the only free time i have then and it would work out the best if it was somewhere in the liverpool/B'ville/clay area. because that 1-4 is cutting it a bit close as is.

18. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    ok, noonish works for me....how is everyone elses schedule?
    We still need to vote on a place for grub ;)
    I could go for that chinese place we went to last time.....anyone else?

19. Raef_Wolfe

Jul 12, 2003
    *crck* Houston, we have a problem *crck*

We've got tickets to seean ice show thing that day, I think, we talked about it last night.

Yo, Drogon, lemme know if I'm right.

20. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    welllllllll, there is always that sunday....no big deal ;)

21. Raef_Wolfe

Jul 12, 2003
    Yeah...Sunday the 25th is a no show for us :( Just asked dad.

22. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    ok, how about the 31st? ROFL

Anyone else have any schedule conflicts?

23. Raef_Wolfe

Jul 12, 2003
    Yeah. Saturday. I wouldn't be able to make it :( Feb 1st would work though, but if everyone votes with the saturday I'll live. :)

24. Karate-Jedi

Feb 4, 2003
    The 1st would be better for me

25. LilLadyVader

LilLadyVader Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 2, 2000
    February 1st is Super Bowl Sunday...now any other time, I could care less, but this year, there's going to be a tribute to the Shuttle Columbia and her lost crew as part of it, being that the game is in Houston and it will be the 1st anniversary of the accident. I'm not missing it for the world, but if Feb. 1st is good for everyone else, please go ahead and have the meeting then, and I'll catch up on what was discussed - I check the boards often enough to keep track of upcoming events and such. Just in case you wonder why I'm a no-show on that date, though. -C

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.