main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon Jan/Feb? OFF Meeting

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by crashdown, Jan 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi____

jedi____ Jedi Youngling

Dec 29, 2006
    This is jedi master Gette, the 11th works great for me, Nick & I will be there! with our ultrasabers in hand!

2. AramysStrael

AramysStrael Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2004
    Sweet peaches! I shall look forward to seeing you there Master Gette. I'll bring my MR Luke Skywalker saber for your viewing pleasure.

I was going to call you last night, Master Gette, but other things came up. So I'll see you at the OFF meeting!

- Bill

3. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    My vote... Sit around and drink and visit.
    Play the game, whose name does D-B Not know?

still on for 1 PM, Sunday the 11th, right?

4. brigandarklung

brigandarklung Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 9, 2005
    As far as I know that is the plan.

5. grumpydevil

grumpydevil Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 1, 2005
    T'Igor and I will most definitely be there...

-Kyle

6. Quick2

Quick2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 14, 2006
    well seeing that Karyn and I do not know Portland..We would be lost....I so want to go to this fun OFF meeting.. Right now I think I will be carless ..Karyn is going to be at a Birthday function. I just know We will be at Dornbeckers and Comic show on the 12 and 13. SIGHHHHHH. Peace, Allan

7. grumpydevil

Oct 1, 2005
    Allan, the PDX Comic Book Show is on the eighteenth (18th)... [face_thinking] Hope you'll still be there.

-Kyle

8. Quick2

Sep 14, 2006
    DOH...LOL...Yeah the 18th...thats right... Man.. Kyle .. Alot of Activities in Feb.. Just have to keep them straight. :oops:

9. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    Generally speaking, most people use calendars to keep important dates in order....
    frelling Jedi! Always thinking they can use the Force to heighten their memory or scheduling skills! [face_devil]

10. grumpydevil

Oct 1, 2005
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, like Bill is one to talk of using calendars! [face_laugh]

11. Darth-Bubba

Nov 11, 2002
    you could take the dorkiest of dorky events, and put Bill in it...
    and it becomes instantly cool.

Is the comic show worth seeing? Or will I be totally let down having been to five Comic-Cons.

Darn it, 501st meeting (Lucky Lab) is the day before the FF meeting. I can see I will not be very sober this weekend.

Happy Super Bowl everybody!!! I am having a viewing and small party. If I know you, you are invited.

12. grumpydevil

Oct 1, 2005
    The comic book show is good. But to be perfectly honest, since you are used to the "big ones" this one would probably be a bit of a let down. Low-key and mostly focused on comics & collectibles - not swarms of costumed characters, big sponsors, flashing eye-candy and giant autograph lines.

-Kyle

13. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    I may go to the comic-con here to check it out.

Always good to see the local sites.

I should be at the meeting on the 11th also.

Go Bears!

14. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004

Hey I use them...... on occasion. [face_monkey]

15. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004

That's right... I am a stud like that! Yes the comic show is worth seeing, in my humble opinion. It was pretty impressive last year. I can't see why it wouldn't be equally so this year. Lots of things to see.... comics, toys, artists and such.

I'll see you on Sunday Marshall!

16. bluenote421

bluenote421 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 27, 2006
    Happy game day everyone. GO COLTS! Id love to actually come to a meeting, the kennedy school is down the block from my high school, but does anyone know about age restrictions there? 1pm on the 11th right?

17. jawafett

jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep star 3

Mar 13, 2003
    Everyone can come to the meeting, just dont order drinks if you aren't old enough. Besides, I just want to greet/meet everybody and talk Star Wars.

18. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    My buddy, Tim, will be in attendance as well.

19. crashdown

crashdown Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2003
    It looks like we are going to have a good group on Sunday.
    Jawafett is correct, everyone can come, even if you are under 21. McMenamins is generally considered a family place, even though its also a tavern. I will likely just order a Coke myself.

The schedule is still Sunday, Feb 11th at 1 PM, at the Kennedy School (McMenamins). There are directions and links listed on earlier posts of this thread but I can repost them if you want.

See you all there !!

20. Quick2

Sep 14, 2006
    geez ..When you said kennedy school..I thought it was a school meeting room >>LOLOL...It just dawned on me that it is now a Tavern.....that hammerhead is good. So much going on in Feb.. I want to go to this meeting so bad. We are in process of buying a House and Moving is top priority. Eric i too would love to talk Star wars ..But since I wont be there ..I will have to stick to Boards....Karyn and I will be at Comic show though. WOOT.. so any OFF peeps can come and say Hi to us there with rest of group.. Peace, Allan

21. PDX_TwiChick

PDX_TwiChick Jedi Youngling

Dec 17, 2006
    Just reposting info to be helpful.

22. Darth-Bubba

Nov 11, 2002
    I on the other hand, will Not be drinking coke, diet coke, or any type of non-alcholic drink.

I hope to have multiple beers, and play the game, how many paper balls does it take to land in Bill's soda? [face_dancing]

23. Darth-Bubba

Nov 11, 2002
    I sincerely, truly think, that for any new-bees, to OFF, who could be potential future officers, that all the exisiting members should be each new-bee one beverage each.

(for example, Alan buys a beer for new-bee X, Kyle buys a Tequilla, Chris buys a Jack Daniels...etc) That would be the cordial thing to do for new people in Portland.

24. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    Hey guys, my weekend plans have changed and unfortunately I will not be attending the meeting. Sorry, but it was great seeing some of you at Powell's the other week, and I hope I can come to the next meeting.

25. Quick2

Sep 14, 2006
    always thinking Marshall... LOLOL.....Boy it would be fun to come down here to Springfield for a meeting next time ...Peace, Allan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.