main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon Jan/Feb? OFF Meeting

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by crashdown, Jan 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AramysStrael

AramysStrael Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2004

I don't know about paper balls in my soda... but I do know that you had best keep your bucket at home and your pants.... umm nevermind! [face_sick]

2. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004

As long as you are on the recieving end of the drinks, right Marshall??? hehe

Sorry, I have a moral objection to alcohol. So no newbs getting free booze out of me! :D

Of course I am kidding... well sort of.

3. crashdown

crashdown Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2003
    OK people, lets start limiting out discussion about drinking. I'm fine to enjoy some beers at the meeting, but there will also be members under 21 in attendance and I don't want the impression that this is a "drinking" event, which it is not.

It looks like we are going to have a good number of people. I need to know who will be there so I can get enough tables together. Here is who I got so far:

AramysStrael
    CrashDown, Blue, with 2 junior Jedi
    Grumby with junior storm trooper
    Quick2
    Brook_33
    Darth-Bubba
    PDX_Twichick
    JawaFett
    Bluenote_421
    Jiltedtoo
    Jedi___

That's 15 so far......is there any more?

4. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003

5. brigandarklung

brigandarklung Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 9, 2005
    You can count in amber and I.

6. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    My friend, Tim, will be there too.....

7. jedi____

jedi____ Jedi Youngling

Dec 29, 2006
    Hello this is jedi____ Gette, my room mate Nick who is also a member will be there with me, he has posted three times in on two different posting & for some reason his posts will not show so I'm doing this for him.
    So count on one more.
    Thanks.
    Master Gette.

8. PDX_TwiChick

PDX_TwiChick Jedi Youngling

Dec 17, 2006
    Woot!

Just umm..... someone please call me and remind me... I'm liable to forget with all the crap going on in my life at the moment.(*ahem* /poke Bill).

Looking forward to seeing you all and having fun for a change.

9. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    Ouch... that tickles!

Sure, I'll give you a reminder call..... if I remember to! [face_devil]

10. grumpydevil

grumpydevil Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 1, 2005
    It was great seeing old faces and new ones today! Can't wait to see photos from the meet'n'greet...(wink-wink-nudge-nudge)

-Kyle

11. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003
    Yes, it was great seeing everyone. It looks like there were about 16 members (great number!!) which included three junior Jedi/Troopers. I will try to get photos posted as soon as I can.

It sounds like the idea of Bowling for one of our next meetings was populer. Also we could do other fun (non Star Wars) activities like roller skating at Oaks Park :confused:. These are just ideas. If anyone has more ideas for upcoming meetings/activity please post them.

12. jawafett

jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep star 3

Mar 13, 2003
    Wow! That was a great meet/greet. Thanks for all that showed up. We met new faces, the great Master Geete (saber training soon??)and Tim, Bluenote421, Darth-Bubba (Marshall-cool bowling shirt, new SW Bowling league leader? OFF vs. 501st-CCG/RL-Kashyyyk Base, lol), and always great to see older members. Very happy to have new pwople to the group. Hope to have another meeting sooner than later.
    Thanks to Crashdown, and Mcmenamins for hosting.
    Bring on the clashing of the plastic toys, or real sabers!

13. Quick2

Quick2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 14, 2006
    :_| :_| :oops: Well I was hoping to come up, but I was getting over a cold and did not want to spread anything though I am at last days of it. All I did was rest up on Sunday. It looked like you all had a blast... I will just have to wait for Saturday at Dornbeckers and Comic show on the 18th.. So I will be 100 % healthy. Peace all, Allan

14. brigandarklung

brigandarklung Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 9, 2005
    Yes I too had a blast. It was great to see faces both new and old. And I would definitely like to see something happen sooner than later, maybe bowling? Or paintball? Or skating?

15. PDX_TwiChick

PDX_TwiChick Jedi Youngling

Dec 17, 2006
    Hey guys, sorry I missed the meeting. As I explained to Bill, some things have been drastically changing in my life and yesterday, I wound up having to hop a plane to New Jersey.

So I am writing to you from NJ, don't get me started, I can see myself getting homesick very very soon. I am not leaving the OFF group as of yet, as I WILL be back in Oregon at some point.

Hugs to you all!

16. bluenote421

bluenote421 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 27, 2006
    that was really great. it was terrific meeting all of you in person and I cant wait for the next one. I think cosmic bowling would be cool for the next meeting. blacklight+star wars shirts=awesome

17. jedi____

jedi____ Jedi Youngling

Dec 29, 2006
    Hey guys it's Gette, It was great to meet all of you! I had alot of fun talking with you guys about saber dueling & things of such. I got my ultrasabers Anakin upgraded saber today! I'll post some pics tonight, it looks great & it's brite, real brite. It's started out as a vader, then they added a new chrome AOTC Anakin styled emitter & I chose a green blade to personalize it a little.
    If those pics of us at the meeting get posted somewhere please let me know?
    Thank you.
    Master Gette.

18. jedi____

jedi____ Jedi Youngling

Dec 29, 2006
    Sorry guys I can't seem to get my pics to show, any help? I'm used to searching with a {brouse} button leading me into mypictures, here it asks for an address, & useing the address doesn't seem to do anything.
    I'll post them to my myspace site go into my porfile & you'll see the link.
    Talk to you soon,
    Master Gette.

19. grumpydevil

Oct 1, 2005
    Hey Gette - you need to post them online somewhere - like photobucket or some image hosting website. Then use the image tag to enter the URL.

-Kyle

20. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003
  21. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003
    Lets try that again, this time so they work....

-------------

Here are the photos from Sundays meeting. Note, photos 8, 9 and 10 captured a very serious discussion about which would win in a head-on fight......(1) the USS Enterprise, or (2) an Imperial Star Destroyer..................boy, are we nerds or what?[face_laugh]

Photo 1
    Photo 2
    Photo 3
    Photo 4
    Photo 5
    Photo 6
    Photo 7
    Photo 8
    Photo 9
    Photo 10

22. grumpydevil

Oct 1, 2005
    :_| Crash's photos won't work for me... (email me and I'll host them). Same goes for you, Gette!

-Kyle

23. crashdown

Nov 6, 2003
    I know, I know :mad:

I posted them on Yahoo Photos, and it was working at first, but now it's not. I will try to upload them to geocities and try them again later. I hate Yahoo [face_frustrated]

24. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    Try this: http://www.freeimagehosting.net/

Works great for me!

25. jedi____

jedi____ Jedi Youngling

Dec 29, 2006
    Thanks guys, for now just to see 2 pics of my ultrasaber go into my user profile & click on the myspace link & go into my pictures, you won't believe how bright this thing is!! & the way it looks in the dark pic is how it looks when your standing there looking at it!
    Talk to you guys soon,
    Master Gette.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.