main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mass Jan Meet....

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by chewykingwookie, Dec 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    I know it is a lil early to be thinking about a meet in Jan, but with Xmas and New Year's happening I figured I would put a feeler out there for our next meet. At this time I should be free most of Jan my Saturdays will be spent at work lots of new vehicles have come in and will continue to do so, which means more work for me. yippee!!!!! lol I would definitely like to keep the ball rolling and continue to have meets. Location doesn't matter to me. I also don't care if it is a multi group or not since we are pretty much all the same group in my eyes.

So let's hear it. What are some ideas? What are some locations? What are some dates?

2. DarthIC2

DarthIC2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 23, 2006
    Come to my place. Nicole, Madison and I love it when you guys come over :)

3. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    Alright we have a place. Now we need a date. Thanks for offering up your place Aaron.

4. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    I am good for any weekend in January, except the last weekend in January 27th and 28th I will be away.

5. DarthIC2

Mar 23, 2006
    Would anyone be interested in coming to my place then going to see a Worcester Sharks game?

6. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    I would be alright with that.

How long do the games usually last? Just so people know how long they might be at the game for.

How much are tickets? parking?

What does everyone else think or want to decide on?

7. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    that would be cool Aaron. Parking shouldn't be a problem there are plenty of places to park for free if those are taken there is a garage on Main St (a few blocks away) that is only a dollar or two for the night. I don't know how much tix are. I know my wife used to get Ice Cats tix for $10 thru her work. But I don't know if they still do that or not. Even if they did she is off on maternity leave so she wouldn't know if that happens or not.

8. DarthIC2

Mar 23, 2006
    Tickets for the first level are 16.50 (I sit on the first row for games) and I think around 10 bucks for upper level (second level).

Parking is seven bucks but if we take one ride I'll pay that.

I haven't missed a game this month.

Games go from 7pm to 930pm.

Its just great fun. We could hang out at my place for a while then all head down there.

Cool story here, last Saturday's game was Mystery Puck night. Pay ten bucks for a brown bag and get a singed puck. There were a couple of Joe Thornton signed San Jose Sharks pucks and Worcester signed game used stick certificates mixed in the 300 bags they had for sale.

I bought four bags and nabbed the Joe Thornton and a signed stick!

I just checked their schedule, the only Sat home game in Jan is the 27th.

9. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I am up for that game I did see they had a Friday game on the 19th and 26th, Feb 2 and 23rd as well as a Sunday game Feb 25. If not everyone can make the 27th maybe for a Feb meet we can do a game. I will let that be up to everyone. I am for it and if we meet on another date in Jan I would be interested in going to the game on the 27th with ya Aaron.

jorge

10. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    Looks like I most likely won't make a Jan meet. The wife is working full time on the weekends which mean I'm with the kids.

11. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    I won't be able to make the last weekend of January :(

12. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    Let's do this have a regular meet this month and then for next month go to a game. There are plenty to choose from and hopefully we can get something worked out. We just need to avoid Feb vacation since lots of schools in the Worcester area sell discounted tix to a weekend game during that time. My wife and I usually bring the oldest niece then.

I would like to suggest the 20th or 21st as a meet date if that works for Aaron and his family. Hopefully that will work for everyone else as well.

Mike you can always try to bring the lil padawans I am sure there will be plenty of people there to help entertain. My wife will may come and bring the lil wookie cub.

13. DarthIC2

Mar 23, 2006
    Sounds good Jorge. It's a great time. The 27th is a nice game vs the P. Bruins. Always a Worcester rivalry there.

My Myspace is messed up so I'll check in here more so we can set a date for this month.

14. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I saw that the game on the 27th was against the baby B's. I haven't seen them play yet. Last game I was at was against the Hartford Wolfpack their fans were louder than the fans for the Cats. They had some lil ones screaming at them a few times. lol

Let's us know what works for you Aaron and I think the rest of us will make arrangements accordingly.

Let the planning begin.

15. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    I can definetly do the weekend of the 20th if that is what we choose. :)

16. DarthIC2

Mar 23, 2006
    I have Saturday nights off so I am free all those days this month.

Saturday the 20th is fine for me. There is a game that Friday night (19th) I will be going to with Nicole and Maddie if anyone wants to to go. Maybe by season's end we could have a meet at a game and get the FIS recognized on the jumbo tron. They have a new one and its NIIIIICE.

Myspace is back up for me.

17. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    So are we doing Sat Jan 20th for the date of the next meet? Location to be at Aaron's house? Sounds good to me.

If that is the final answer I guess we need to find out who is all going and what needs to be brought for snacks and stuff. Or do we just want to order pizzas?

18. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    That day works for me just fine. How about everyone else?

19. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    going once.... going twice.... are we sold yet????

20. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    I am sold.

21. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    so will it be just the four of us then. I am assuming it will be Aaron (host), Chris, Jim (since he usually comes with Chris), and myself. I will let Drew know what is going on when I speak with him next.

22. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    I hope we can meet Drew soon I have been looking forward to finally meeting him.

So far I have some chips and salsa for next weeks meet.

What else do we want to have for eats and drinks?

23. DarthIC2

Mar 23, 2006
    It's on, can't wait guys! Whatever time is fine with me, we'll just tell Chris it's an hour earlier so he shows up on the actual time!

Kidding :)

24. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    Yeah we may want to tell Chris it is at noon instead of 1 because he is never on time. Even at his own house he is late. lol

Well it looks like it is on for Sat. I can probably bring some wings not sure if the wife will be willing to make some up or not. lol Do we want to just order some pizzas and go from there as far as main course?

25. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    Boy the abuse I get from you guys!!! [face_not_talking]

I did get some more stuff for the meet...

For beverages I picked up 2 liters of Pepsi,Diet Pepsi, Mountain Dew, and Sierra Mist.

I also got a bag of Ruffles and a bag of Sour Cream and Onion Ruffles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.