main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jan. Meeting

Discussion in 'Archive: Daytona Beach, FL' started by Q99213, Jan 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    We're a smaller group here. The tough part is that most of us that started the group are in college so don't have tons of time, but it's nice to hang out with fellow fans.

2. Sith_Patterson

Sith_Patterson Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 15, 2005
    that is cool. yeah up north its all like really old people its cool and all but not very many young people

3. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    wow, I think I am the oldest Beachtrooper.

Thanks TJ :p

4. Sith_Patterson

Jan 15, 2005
    no way man old is like 50s and up u know
    i will be 19 in feb yea

5. Amiry

Amiry Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2004
    I'll be 21 in April.
    I wanted to go to C3 for my birthday (which is that weekend), but sadly I don't think I'll be able to, as no one will go with me and I can't afford to go by myself. :(

6. Sith_Patterson

Jan 15, 2005
    yeah same with me i want to go but i dont have anyone to go with so i am looking, yeah it is really expensive. but my father works for an airline so getting tickets are easy but the hotels are harder

7. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Well, sounds like two people don't have anyone to go with. Plenty more FF meetings before C3 ;)

I'm 22 and feel old...

I don't know yet if I'm going to C3. At this point it's not so much the money as it's a week before finals and such. I posted over on the 501st boards about crashing on someone's floor if I decide to go and there are always plenty of floors, so that's np. I'm sure I could get airline tickets for around $250 if I waited. It seems like it'd be more stress than anything though. I'd have to leave Friday night and early Sunday morning. That would give me a day. I just don't know if it's worth it when I compare it to going to Mega and ComicCon in the same year.

8. Sith_Patterson

Jan 15, 2005
    yeah that sound hard, but yeah dragoncon was fun any one eles go this last year.

9. Amiry

Amiry Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2004
    22 is not old, Q. :p

For me, besides not having anyone to go with, it's also being able to take the time off from work and money. Bleh.

10. Sith_Patterson

Jan 15, 2005
    yeah 22 is not old it is in your prime late 50s and early 60s is starting to get old. but it is the way you live your life that makes you old if u live it with your heart and have a good time then you are young, but if u live more with your mind and worry about things to come then you are old. age is just let people know that u are 22 years better and smarter then other people. be glad that u love and like star wars most people frown on people who do. and the fact that u do makes u younger. i have seen 60 year olds at like they are 22 cuz its the heart and soul that counts. and think not of what people think of you. i am a goof ball and love to have fun. and people say things about me. i act young cuz that is where my heart is. remember age is nothing but a number :)

11. ca_tron

ca_tron Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 6, 2002
    I'll be 20 on Monday. Sorry I haven't posted, but I got into a fight with the stairs and the stairs won. So now I'm on crutches and have an imbolizer on. And Q, the reason I didn't have it on tonight is I had a sim and couldn't wear it. I'm also gonna need a ride if anyone wants to give me one. I can give directions to the school.

12. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
  13. Sith_Patterson

Jan 15, 2005
    do we know how many people are going to go

14. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    You probably won't until you sit down, at least that's been my experience :p

15. ca_tron

Dec 6, 2002
    It will most likely only be the newest people. We really do, however, need some kinda estimate on how many are going to be there.
    I'll be there if I can get a ride.

16. BIGGIE

BIGGIE Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 21, 2003
    my god it has been a long time, but i am back and i will try to be there Sat.

17. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    The meeting's Friday Biggie ;)

18. Amiry

Amiry Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2004
    I'll be there. I've been hanging around here for a while now, but I've had to work during pretty much every past meeting I've known about. :p

19. Sith_Patterson

Jan 15, 2005
    Friday is shipping up to be a good night hope to see you there.

20. Amiry

Amiry Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2004
    I'm most likely bringing a friend and fellow fan along. And by the way, I'll be the one in the "I've turned to the DORK Side" t-shirt. Hehe. :D

21. Sith_Patterson

Jan 15, 2005
    that is a cool shirt

22. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Sam, do you have a ride yet?

23. ca_tron

Dec 6, 2002
    Not yet. I wouldn't mind walking but since I can barely do that right now...
    My cell number is (386) 299-4980 if anyone can give me a ride.

24. ca_tron

Dec 6, 2002
    I guess I'm not going. :( Don't have a ride. Sad.

25. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    what about biggie?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.