main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jandoon, the Brizzit, Elrood, and the Dark Jedi, Durrei

Discussion in 'Literature' started by SithDudeRBF, Oct 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithDudeRBF

SithDudeRBF Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 26, 2005
    I'm working on a story right now featuring a Jedi Knight who left the Order shortly after the Battle of Geonosis. I'm trying to find a suitable planet for him to seek refuge. Rather than create my own planet, I would like to choose an already exisiting planet. I didn't want it to be a planet that everyone knows about, I want it to be something I can develope further.

As I was thumbing through the Star Wars Encyclopeida and found the planet Jandoon. Its in the Corva System in the Outer Rim. It has a temperate enviroment with many ancient tombs and temples and such covered in moss and what not. Its also home to the Brizzit.

I don't really know where the Corva System is relative to any of the popular systems in the Outer Rim. I also don't know much about the Brizzit. I don't know how many beings in the galaxy actually visit this planet.

I did a search on Jandoon and the planet Elrood popped up along with a mention of the Dark Jedi, Durrei.

Any info that isn't presented in this post is welcome. Help me tf.n, you're my only hope.

Though I do suppose I could go to other boards, but I really don't want to. Thanks for any help you can offer!

2. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    Jandoon
    System: Jandoon
    Sector: Corva
    Region: Outer Rim
    Length of Day (std hrs): 25
    Length of Year (local days): 273
    Environment: Temperate
    Sentient Species: Brizzit
    This planet is the primary world in the Jandoon System, which is located in the Corva Sector. The inhabitants of the planet died out centuries ago, although the reasons for their disappearance have not been revealed. It is rumored that the spirits of the dead roam the system, and these rumors tend to keep most travellers out of the system. Another rumor states that the planet's inhabitants were technologically advanced, and that fantastic machines and tools can be found deep within the planet. It has been documented that the average day on Jandoon lasts 25 standard hours, and that its year encompasses 273 local days.

Durrei
    Category: Characters
    Type: Human
    Affiliation: Dark Jedi and Sith
    Planet of Origin: Elrood
    This Dark Jedi was a native of Elrood, and was orphaned when Imperial forces demanded custody of his mother. They claimed she was being arrested for treasonous acts against the Empire, and Durrei's father objected. The Imperials opened fire, and Durrei tried to upon the meager Force skills he had. The Force failed to prevent the deaths of his parents, and Durrei grew angry. The Dark Side of the Force reached out to him, and Durrei wiped out the Imperials with his mind. From that point forward, he allowed himself to be consumed by the DarkSide. He was just twenty-two when he helped rally Imperial forces in the Corva Sector after the Battle of Endor. Durrei established a base of operations on Jandoon, where he collected ancient Jedi relics and other mystic artifacts, and hoped to recover a Kashi Mer artifact that had been found by Mahk'khar on Tuulab. He had kidnapped Professor Oron's daughter, Meela, and hoped to exchange her for the stone-like artifact.

This all shows up in Adventure Journal #6. Anyone with that book care to add detail?

Corva Sector
    Category: Locations
    Type: Galactic Sectors
    Located in the Outer Rim, the Corva Sector is home to the Delari and H'Ken planetary systems.

This is in Adventure Journal #8

3. SithDudeRBF

Apr 26, 2005
    I was hoping to work a Dark Jedi into my story, though I think the use of Durrei is out of the question since my story takes place right at the begining of the Clone Wars. I need to use someone obscure. Something that can be developed without conflicting with established EU.

My writing a story trying not to conflict with the EU is like the EU trying not conflict with the movies.

But I do thank you for the info. It will be most helpful.

4. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    Dark Jedi roll call

You may want to try some of the ones from this list that are less familiar (Likey some of the Inquisitors or Prophets) and look them up at CUSWE

Or you could create your own character.

5. SithDudeRBF

Apr 26, 2005
    Thanks for the help. I want to try to use an undeveloped character in my story rather than an original. I didn't want to create one of my own to avoid the confusion of who trained who and when. Since most training would have to be done by Dooku or one of his lackies during this time. Dangerous territory if you ask me.

But I'm sure I could get around all that if I really needed to :).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.