main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jango and the Mandalorians (It's all happening!...possible Episode II spoilers)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Mavrick889, Jan 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    Well, as I suspected, Jango Fett does indeed have Mandalorian ties beyond the armor he wears.

From TOS
    "One of the key players from Episode II is spotlighted in his own mini-series. Long before he was the deadliest bounty hunter of his time, Jango Fett was an orphaned farm boy from the Outer Rim. Taken in by elite Mandalorian warriors, Fett was offered a chance to exact vengeance against the Death Watch that slew his family. Star Wars: Jango Fett - Open Seasons #1 is the first of four issues, told by Haden Blackman (Starfighter - Crossbones) with art by Ramon F. Bachs (Jedi vs. Sith) and Raul Fernandez (Crossbones), with cover art by Bachs. It is scheduled to hit comic stores on April 24."

As you may remember, part two of my theory was that because of the great respect Jango recieved by the Mandalorians for his great bravery and strength as a warrior, they decided to take his own son Boba under their wing, immediately after the Clone Wars began. The Marvel series then goes on to explain that he proved himself as a warrior while working side by side with Fenn Shysa and Tobi Dala.

Now, with this new comic series, this rather old event documented in the Marvel series, reflects quite nicely exactly what happened to Jango. His family died, and the Mandalorians took him under their watch as well.

Hopefully the Terry Bisson Boba Fett book will recognize all of this and do exactly for Boba Fett what we're all hoping it will.

2. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Awesome.

I wonder what what movie purests trolls have to say, [face_mischief].(The ones that said mandalorians don't exist, The EU won't use them, and they won't be in the movies.)

Like I told them, they would be, they were just plain wrong.

3. RNolan

RNolan Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 5, 2000
    Love of God NO!!!!!!!!

*Jumps out window*

Yours

4. RNolan

RNolan Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 5, 2000
    Huh, you completists are at least as bad.

Yours

5. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Well now that he is dead or in pain after trying to commit suicide, we won't listen to anymore movie purist/anti-marvel comments from him, [face_laugh](without knowing he is hurting).

Am I sad?(not really), :D, ;)

By the way my last comment was more to people like bobabooie, but if you admit to being like him, let me give you an "I Told you so", :D.

6. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    Yes, this is interesting. I figured we wouldn't see any Mandalorians in the movies ( obviously ), with maybe only a reference that his armor was Mandalorian. This has progressed further than I expected...even if he is an orphan, Jango can actually be considered "Mandalorian".

I love being right.

7. Mavrick889

Feb 27, 1999
    Amazing how we predicted all of this.

8. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    I'm surprised that Dan Wallace sent me on a wild goose chase, if he has. But hey this makes me more happy, than if he just flat out told me that things were going to fall into place sooner than I hoped.

9. Sturm Antilles

Jun 22, 2000
    See Purists...using the EU is a perfectly viable source for speculation. ;)

10. Mavrick889

Feb 27, 1999
    I'm actually not surprised. He knew he couldnt really tell you much of anything about Episode II or it's surround literature. All he told me was the Essential Guide to Characters II would touch on the Mandalorians...

11. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    All he told me is he wanted to wait until episode 3 before trying to tie all of fett's events together.

That is why I was saying it was more of a while snipe hunt.(red herring)

12. Sturm Antilles

Jun 22, 2000
    I think I'm more excited about the new Essential Guide than the novelization of AotC. :)

13. Eva_Pilot04

Eva_Pilot04 Jedi Knight star 7

Nov 15, 2001
    The purists will still vehemently deny it until it's confirmed on the Big Screen.... then they'll be enraged that Lucas is letting more of the E(vil)U leak into canon. ;)

14. JediLaw

JediLaw Jedi Master star 3

Oct 30, 2001
    Since when was the term "Mandalorian" considered strictly EU? I remember as a kid hearing about Boba Fett's Mandalorian armor . . . around the release of ESB!

15. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    The difference is I don't care about the true purists think. I only find the ones that act like they like the EU, and try to randomly throw out events, saying lucas says one thing, and that the EU is going to do the same.

When we have evidence that the EU will do no such thing, :D, heh Heh.

16. Eva_Pilot04

Eva_Pilot04 Jedi Knight star 7

Nov 15, 2001
    Just go over to the Ep II forums, mention the world "mandalorian" and prepare to be flamed by about fifty people. ;)

17. JediLaw

JediLaw Jedi Master star 3

Oct 30, 2001
    Hmmm . .Interesting.

I guess I just don't understand what the Ep II flamers are getting so upset about. To my knowlege, the only EU to ever expound upon the Mandalorians was Marvel, and even then, the term was shrouded in mystery. I don't see how Mandalorians are strictly EU, other than the fact that the word was never mentioned in a movie.

18. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Like I said, I let the True-movie purists stay in there dungeon.

I stay in my nice warm home.

I leave them be, and I expect them to leave me be here. I won't stoop to trolling in their domain.

So trolls invading my homeland, really get on my nerves. Only to trolls do I bare any malace, or annoyance to.

As long as purists stay were they belong I have no problem with there personal beliefs.

19. Kier_Nimmion

Kier_Nimmion Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 9, 2000

Raul Fernandez? I've been a fan of his art for years!

This is indeed good news- I am very happy that they are tying it all into the older Marvel canon. And while I am the last person to claim to be a fan of Boba Fett- I am actually now more intrigued by Jango Fett and his background. This new run of comics and the Attack of the Clones novelization, I suspect, will be very good reads indeed.

20. jaeger

jaeger Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 10, 2001
    Mandalorians won't be int he movies, nor the clone wars (sorry, they just don't fit into it anymore)

21. Kier_Nimmion

Kier_Nimmion Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 9, 2000

Keep on dreaming, Bobab...jaeger...

22. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    Lame ass mother f...
    ]
    erhm.

Let him be.He was obviously tortured by the Remnants of the Prequal Forum Empire. He's just doing to us what they did to him. I only hope he can recover *sniff*

23. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    I'm sorry bobabuttbumjaeger...whatever your name is, but the movies don't cover 100% of the time. There is lots of periods of time that the movies don't cover at all. That is where the EU fills it in. Just because the movie doesn't show something doesn't mean that it doesn't exist. The EU being expanded universe. meaning it expands the universe not seen in the films(even in some cases the films themselves). You may not see mandalorians in episode 2(except for jango fett that is, :D), but you will see them in the EU that is set between the movies(the area that movies don't cover). As for episode 3 we have no idea what lucas has plans to put in that. If lucas decided to throw in mandalorians or doesn't that's his prerogative. But it still doesn't cover the events of the EU occuring in the period between the movies(were any number of things happen).

Oh, if you were banned once, you are working on being IP banned this time.

24. Sturm Antilles

Jun 22, 2000
    The Clone Wars won't be in the movie either? Oh man, now Lucas really sucks. ;)

Hey Jaegar..or bobabaooie...whoever you are this week, I suggest you go troll in the movie forums and take your ineptitude elsewhere.

25. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    Yeeehaaa !

Sorry, had to express my joy. :D Move along, move along !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.