main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jango and the Mandalorians (It's all happening!...possible Episode II spoilers)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Mavrick889, Jan 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    Just wait until E3 my friend. If GL was going to have the Mandalorians in the film or have Boba interact with them at all he would have set it up in AotC.

He did. JANGO FETT IS MANDALORIAN [face_laugh]

TOS has said FORGET what you think you know about Boba's past, I dunno why this jounry man stuff is still coming up.

Steve Sansweet said that, not Lucasfilm. Also, as so many seem to forget somehow, he was a Journeyman Protector between trilogies.

Hate to burst your bubble, no Mandalorians in Episode II, take it from me, a major spoiler freak.

See above.

Except for when E3 contridicts some of it.

Can I borrow that time machine?

I'm not saying Jango isn't one. I'm saying Boba won't be one or be raised by them, and they won't fight in the clone wars.

The Clone Wars happen over the course of 2 years. Are you saying that Episodes II and III will run for about 3 years straight, showing us every single planet and character that fights in them? [face_plain]

He knows if Boba is going to live the mandalorians or not - and I'm pretty sure he doesnt' care if jango is or not becasue its not that important. However as I said, what Boba does is important.

That's funny. Luke, Leia and Lando were important during ESB, and yet he let Marvel comics show their adventures between movies, bridging the gap to ROTJ with no effort at all. Now why couldn't that happen for Boba Fett after AotC?

Also - MaCallum didn't have enough influence to have GL change where 3PO came from did he.

He came from Cybot Galactica. In case you didn't notice, Anakin didn't exactly create the protocol droids seen on the Trade Federation ship and Cloud City, did he? No, Threepio was salvaged and rebuilt. Go look at your Episode I Visual Dictionary. It says that parts of him are over 80 years old. Guess what...that matches his age of 112 from earlier books.

Or have Padme be a member of - whatever that cult thing from Black Fleet was called.

Yet another person that didn't read the book, or finish the trilogy, I see. [face_plain]

MaCallum and bunch of others basically BEGGED GL to keep Coursant the same - and the fact that they had to do that should be proof enough he doesn't really care about EU.

Where is this documented?

So I might have been wrong there, howerver at least I'm big enough to admit when I'm wrong.

You have a lot of admitting to do.

I'll bet I could on here after E3 is released and you still wouldn't admit that you and EU was wrong about Boba and the mandalorians.

I'll bet money on it.

Plus GL doesn't really care about EU...

His giving the Episode II script to the writers of the recent comics and PT novels was just an accident then?

No, the parts where taken from Watto's shop and were parts of everything

I seem to have missed that part of TPM...

I also remember Sturm spoiling - but you never said anything to him.

Hmm, kind of like when I PMed PadmeBra to remove your major spoilers on Count Dooku yesterday? I'm sorry, but the stuff I say is confirmed in the Insider or StarWars.com. Occasional stuff leaks out, but the threads usually have warnings. I've gotten no complaints other than yours.

I wish there was an intelligent purist to argue with. Someone bring in Iron Parrot!

2. Kier_Nimmion

Kier_Nimmion Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 9, 2000

I think the conversation went like this:

Rick: George, can we change 'Had Abaddon' to 'Coruscant' to fit with the books?

George: (Shrugs) Okay.

3. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
  4. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    This is quite simple, really.

Boba Fett is a Mandalorian in the movies in the same way Vader is Dark Lord of the Sith.

Simple as that.

5. Commander Antilles

Commander Antilles Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 21, 1999
    Jaeger gets a 48 hour ban after being told to stop posting in Lit.

6. Crimson-Larko

Crimson-Larko Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2001
    Ghengis12 manages to sum it up in one sentance. Bravo! ;)

7. Terranix

Terranix Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2001
    Kier, it's funny beacause it's true. :D

8. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    Awesome!

One of the nice things to happen while I was away on holiday...

9. Crimson-Larko

Mar 14, 2001
    A very nice thing indeed...

And welcome back to this motley crew that we like to call a forum Gatherer. ;)

10. Genghis12

Nov 18, 1999
    Commander Antilles...
    "Jaeger gets a 48 hour ban after being told to stop posting in Lit."

?[face_plain] Amazing.

The new marketing line...

"Commander Antilles - keeping EU Lit. free from movie-purist trolls!"

I just wanted to point out your reasonable use of mod powers in keeping the forums free from trolls didn't go unnoticed. :)

11. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Thank you Commander Antilles
    we are in your debt, :D.

12. Wyl_Transerwnnyr

Wyl_Transerwnnyr Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 26, 2001
    This is rather interesting, because the Mandalorians appear in the Sith War. What I wonder is are they a starfaring tribe of human warriors, or are they their own alien race? This clarification would be much appreciated.

13. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    More than likely during this era of history, they're all, or mostly, humans, as evidenced by several Mandalorians in the Marvel series.

14. jastermereel

jastermereel Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 19, 1998
    Just my thoughts on that anakin and the droid brain controversy a few posts back......should it ever arrise again......even were he to have a mini-chip stamping and designing facility in that hovel......i'm certain he doesnt know six million forms of communication...therefor...he had the brain from the start...

15. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Also, one other mandalorian clarification (i may have asked this several months ago but i really forget at the moment...), I recall reading somewherethat Mandalorian Armor/Mandalorian steel was designed to be (or just happened to be) strong enough to resist a lightsaber blade- is this correct? It makes sense if you think about it from the perspective of the "original" clone wars cocneot of jedi vs mandalorians because it would be a way to reduce the violence ala the use of battle droids. Obviously Lucas chnaged his original ideas, but the question/factoid remains that I'm curious about.

16. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    Yes, Mandalorian Iron comes from the Dark Lords of the Sith comic series. It can be penetrated by lightsabers, but it takes a while. Perhaps it became a bit more rare over the course of 4000 years.

17. Genghis12

Nov 18, 1999
    Mandalorian iron can generally resist a lightsaber blade. However, modern Mandalorian armor most-certainly isn't made out of the stuff, as evidenced by "stat levels" of Boba and Jodo's Mandalorian armors.

Most likely the ability to make it is a dead art, gone after TOTJ times.

18. Crimson-Larko

Mar 14, 2001
    Is mandalorian armour made out of cortosis ore?

19. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
  20. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    And it's magnetic, as shown by the two times Fett has been foiled by a giant magnet. :)

>Just my thoughts on that anakin and the droid brain controversy a few posts back......should it ever >arrise again......even were he to have a mini-chip stamping and designing facility in that hovel......i'm >certain he doesnt know six million forms of communication...therefor...he had the brain from the >start...

He likely had the brain, and the communications programs. He didn't have Threepio. The Threepio we know and love was created when Anakin loaded the programs onto the brain.

TC

21. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    So, who taught anakin how to program? or did he take a program of basic brain functions from another source, and uploaded it onto the brain?

Or did the brain have basic programming but was memory wiped, and he just reactivated the brain(having to gain a personality and memories from scratch on his own after that)?

All I've read was that threepio achieved conciousness in the slave hovel. That can mean many things.

And it is standard for brain chips to have a rom(read only memory) of basic functions(and skills), that learn more, gain personalities and memory as they function in there writable memory sections.

22. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    This is indeed great news, and a small but sweet victory for us EU fanatics. This thread seemed like it was degenerating rather quickly, but Commander Antilles stepped in. I thank you for your quick and decisive action concerning jaeger.

23. Genghis12

Nov 18, 1999
    Val...
    "So, who taught anakin how to program?"

Maybe it was the midi's. The Force allowed Anakin to become an uncanny pod-racing ace, why can't they allow him to be some sort of a Force-induced "droid programming idiot-savant?"

24. Kier_Nimmion

Kier_Nimmion Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 9, 2000

Wow, thanks guys! Just when I thought the concept of midi-chlorians couldn't get any dummer, I see this. My day has been made.

So, can anyone reference the seen with the chip stamping plant in it?

25. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    I agree kier.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.