main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jango Fett and the Sith Connection

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by ObiYodaMaul, Aug 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ObiYodaMaul

ObiYodaMaul Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2005
    It seems to me that if Jango was working for Count Dooku and the Seperatists then the jedi would know he was associated with the bad guys. Pretty obvious. On virtue of that, wouldn't they be suspicious of the clone army? It had set up written all over it. If the host template for a gazillion clone troopers was working for a Sith Lord, I would be a bit reluctant to take possesion of them to fight that Sith Lord and his army. It seems that there was no questioning of this problem by any of the jedi. I searched on this topic and found nothing. Mods feel free to lock this if it has been brought up.

2. Darth_Spartan

Darth_Spartan Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2005
    I think it's just another thing that Lucas didn't bother to cover up.

When we look at it rationally, it's obvious how they're connected.

Jango = tried killing Obi-Wan and Mace

Jango = Clone Army

Clone Army = Bad guys

3. Fosco

Fosco Jedi Youngling

Jul 14, 2005
    He was a Bounty Hunter, He works with the one that pays the most.

It's the same thing with IG-88 and Boba Fett, they helped the Empire to find the Millenium Falcon but that doesn't mean that they are with the Empire.

4. Kurisu_kun

Kurisu_kun Jedi Youngling

Jul 9, 2002
    He was just a simple man trying to make his way in the universe. je je je.

5. Seperatist

Seperatist Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2005
    War was inevitable so the Republic needed something to defend themselves they might as well take the Clone Army.

-S-

6. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    Yeah, taking posession of the Clone Army was pretty stupid. Any 60 Minutes or Hard Copy investigative journalist could have seen through the giant logic hole there. There was not an immediate threat to the Republic, only to the Jedi, so there was no need to use the army and attack Geonosis so soon. The Senate could have continued the debate with the Seperatist indefinately, or, at least until Sidious told Dooku to provide some sort of "Manchurian Incident", which would have coaxed the Republic into a war. Even then, a conscription army from the thousands of systems in the Republic wouldn't have been difficult.

7. ObiYodaMaul

May 23, 2005
    You put it well.

8. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Thing is, the Senate would be extremely hostile any attempt to conscript an army...especially if there's this clone army already made for them. The "good" Senators would be reluctant to draft their citizens to go to war, much less the corrupt ones. Anyone that favored conscription over using this existing army would probably be looking at the end of his political career. The Jedi might bring up some suspicions, but Palpatine could always have the Separatists attack again and again, causing the Senate to expand the clone army further.

9. ObiYodaMaul

May 23, 2005
    Looking into reality, any Senator would see that the creation of this clone army was for darker purposes. No one seemed to say, "The guy that was the template for this clone army is working for the bad guys and one of the bad guys is a Sith Lord." I know if I was a jedi that's the first thing I would say. I would be very reluctant to take possession of an army I didn't trust.

10. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002
    Then you would be worrying about whether or not to take the army after the CIS had conquered your planet, system, and sector

Dooku went to Geonosis to start the war one way or another... Killing 200+ Jedi is an act of war on the Republic, so taking the Clone Army was do or die

11. ObiYodaMaul

May 23, 2005
    If the jedi posse had not shown up, there would have not been an immediate war. It seems that everything was still in the planning stages. While I agree that the jedi got backed into a corner, I still would have had serious reservations of taking on an army that seemed like a set up for betrayal. It was only prolonging the inevitable. I would have attempted to get military support from planets within the Republic. I would imagine that just as the Seperatists had an army that was pooled from shared resources, an army could have been put together from planets such as Corellia, Coruscant, etc. It's not like having military forces was against the law. Somebody in the Republic had to have them.

12. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Many Senators were corrupt. They wouldn't care about some Jedi business about Sith Lords. They just cared about keeping their power, and being able to make lots of money or whatever from the positions they had.

13. DarthQuellonis

DarthQuellonis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 22, 2005
    Sidious probably ordered the army.

14. ObiYodaMaul

May 23, 2005
    That wasn't the point of the post. It's obvious that Sidious had a hand in the clone army. The point is why the jedi would take possession an army cloned from Jango Fett. He was working for Count Dooku, had a mysterious background, and on the other side of the war.

15. DarthQuellonis

May 22, 2005
    The Jedi had no idea Jango was with the Seperatists, and just because a bounty hunter fights you, doesn't mean his army is bad, becauuse they were altered.

16. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    They knew that he was working for the Seperatists, as he was with Dooku/Gunray/Poggle on Geonosis, helped capture Anakin and Padme, and stood by and watched their attempted execution. The Jedi knew that he was recruited by Tyranus, but they didn't know that Tyranus = DARTH Tyranus, a Sith Lord. It's not until the end of AOTC that the Council come to terms with the fact that Dooku has gone to the Dark Side.

So, they know that the bounty hunter is working for the bad guys, they know that the Clone Army is based on this bounty hunter, and they know that the Seperatist leader is actually a Sith Lord. Had they known that Jango was actually recruited by this Sith Lord, and not just some guy called Tyranus, then everything would have fallen into place. The Jedi would have known that the Sith were planning to build an army for the Republic, increase the droid army of the Seperatists, and ingnite a war between the two for some reason. So, Jango almost blew the whole thing during his "interview" with Obi-Wan by mentioning the name Tyranus. He should have just said "some guy". It's better that he died at Geonosis, or Dooku may have had to kill him anyway. He was the only person, other than Tyranus and Sidious, who knew what was going on, and the Jedi would have stopped at nothing to capture and interrogate him.

17. DarthQuellonis

May 22, 2005
    Darth Sidious in a way clouded the Jedi's judgement, as they said, so they really couldn't see the plot and how Jango was involved in it besides being a templete for an army.

18. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Dark_Jedi_Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 3, 2004
    Isn't really connected to the Sith persay. Tyrannus hired him for a job and Jango did it.

19. ObiYodaMaul

May 23, 2005
    I'm sure that is the official understanding as explained by Lucas, but that makes the jedi look stupid. That's why I brought this thread up. The average person could see through it. I feel Lucas could have done a better job covering the Sith's tracks on this one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.