main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW Jango Fett Helmet

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Woza_Fett, May 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Woza_Fett

Woza_Fett Jedi Youngling

May 12, 2002
    Has anyone attempted to make a Jango Fett helmet from an existing Boba Fett one...?

2. ROE_Biggs

ROE_Biggs Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    could you not just paint it and still have it look really good

3. oblio_fett

oblio_fett Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 7, 2002
    if you have a vinyl don post, you could paint it. obviously filling in the dent would be best, but you don't really have to...

4. Woza_Fett

Woza_Fett Jedi Youngling

May 12, 2002
    I have just finished modifying an Altmann's Boba Helmet by using car bog and hours of sanding and painting. It turned out guite good... Can you guys tell me how I can post a pic of it?

5. oblio_fett

Apr 7, 2002
    post the image on a web site and then reference it using [image =http://web.address/image.jpg] (without any spaces)

that's great that you've modded the altmann's helmet. you should post a pic of the rest of your armour as well :)

6. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Ki-Bara-Mundi Jedi Master star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    Sounds very cool. :D

7. Cockatiel

Cockatiel Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 4, 2002
    "I have just finished modifying an Altmann's Boba Helmet by using car bog and hours of sanding and painting."

"Kutchu wonky?"

You know how much they cost? Please tell me how much you paid for your Altmann's Boba and where from, thankyou. :)

8. Woza_Fett

Woza_Fett Jedi Youngling

May 12, 2002
    I had two Boba Fett Helmets so I naturally decided to alter one of them. I have other Altmann Helmets... like the Stormtrooper and Vader Helmets. As far as I am concerned these are the best helmets available and you can still pick them up for around $350 - $400. A great price for us Aussies, considering the far less authentic Don Post helmets can sometimes cost as much (if not more) to import. The Boba Fett one is excellent for altering into Jango.

9. Cockatiel

Cockatiel Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 4, 2002
    You ... converted ... a ... $350 ... helmet?

*faints*

*wakes up*

You ... had ... 2?

*faints*

;)

10. IG_88a

IG_88a Jedi Padawan star 4

May 15, 2002
    The Altmann version of the SW masks and helmets range from $200 up to $350 (thats what i've been quoted) available to order through "Sky and Space" bondi Junction. The are ordered from South Australia, and are made as per the order, they don't have spares, for minor alterations to the design there are additional charges. I've put on Layby 1 boba, 1 darth, 1 xwing pilot, all with slight mods (i have a small head). Apparently they will make a Jango mask, but it takes 3 times as long for them to make and ship, and costs about $500 to $600. i'll see if i can pick up a brochure to bring to the debreif, if anyone is interested.

11. Teknobabel

Teknobabel Jedi Master star 5

Jun 4, 2000
    Amazing!!

Someone else who has bought stuff from sky & space in bondi, I mush have been talking about that place ever since fanforce started up, ou've got to the first person who's ever mentioned other than me

still, sky & space is good if you can get a hold of their postal catalogue. Lot's more stuff in there

12. IG_88a

May 15, 2002
    even more amazing tekno, is i went to kindi with the owners son, and the owner has promised me some discounts on certain SW items. I'm yet to talk to him about the masks and helmets. they do have some nice large laminated "a new hope" and "RotJ" posters, and they are trying to find out for me where i can get either a rereleased or original Millenium Falcon.

13. Woza_Fett

Woza_Fett Jedi Youngling

May 12, 2002
    Hey there oblio... do you have any pics of your suit? Which helmet did you alter?

14. IG_88a

May 15, 2002
    oblio, my mate(the guy with the boba helmet) will offer you cash, when you have your equipment back, to make him a suit. he is genuine. he couldn't stop talking about you yesterday, he loved the suit.

15. Keith_Katarn

Keith_Katarn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    Yeah, him and every one else at the premiere. It's good to see that you get recognition, Oblio. When you spend a lot of time working on something like that it's good to hear praise. Also, there can't be a great deal of places or times when you can wear it !!

16. oblio_fett

Apr 7, 2002
    woza - it was a don post 97. i've reinforced/modified it inside to eliminate the warping and to make it comfortably wearable. i didn't fill the dent, though i did get some bumper filler to do so.

[image=http://www.blackviolet.com/fett/fett_at_night_3.jpg]

you can also see some of the photos from the aotc premiere

17. Teknobabel

Jun 4, 2000
    I'll say everyone was talking about the suit, all my friends from uni (7 all up, that's why i bought 8 ticks on the ticket hangout). One guy was asking me questions about it all day, I told him to join fanforce and find out. The other guy was aksing about the Tie Fighter guy, was that High Marshal? if so, could he please post some pics, I missed out on seeing it, but my friend went rather nuts when he saw it.

Amusing Story Number #1138

There was one guy out the back (in jedi robes) who yelled out "That's the wrong colour for a Boba Fett suit mate"

Suffice to say, he felt like a right idiot when we howled him down for being a goose

18. CON-D

CON-D Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2002
    Good job there with the suit.

19. oblio_fett

Apr 7, 2002
    lol tek, that's hysterical... can you imagine how stoopid he felt when he saw the movie

20. Teknobabel

Jun 4, 2000
    My friends and i had heaps of fun a bit further back in the line, we played ccg for 1 & 1/2 hours, using a 4 player variant deck we made up, got plenty of people asking us about it to :)

21. Draka_Fett

Draka_Fett Jedi Youngling

May 18, 2002
    oblio_fett, your costume looks great.So do the pics from Fox Studios.This is my first time here and am wanting to make up a custom Fett costume.Where did you guys get all the materials from? Can you show me how to do it?Thanks.

22. Woza_Fett

Woza_Fett Jedi Youngling

May 12, 2002
    I am actually selling my complete set of Jango Fett armour. If I don't get any offers soon it will be put on ebay (as I did with my Boba Fett suit last month) and it will probably go to the US as well.

23. Draka_Fett

Draka_Fett Jedi Youngling

May 18, 2002
    How much are you asking for the costume?

24. Woza_Fett

Woza_Fett Jedi Youngling

May 12, 2002
    I am only selling the complete set of armour. Not a costume.

The armour consists of the neck, shoulder and chest pieces; stomach piece; thigh, knee and shin pieces; boot cover pieces. I would probably be looking at around the $500 dollar mark - as the cost to make them was far more and they are all made from light-weight fibre-glass. All pieces look awesome and are finished in silver.

25. oblio_fett

Apr 7, 2002
    appropriate fox trot strip...

[image=http://images.ucomics.com/comics/ft/2002/ft020519.gif]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.