main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jango Fett - What do the fans of OT Boba think of him?

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Grilled-Sarlacc, Jun 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grilled-Sarlacc

Grilled-Sarlacc Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 19, 2001
    Forum members,

I have long wondered what the big Boba Fett fans think of Jango Fett. I have not heard many complaints or compliments. This puzzles me. I want to know from the true Fett fans, what did they think of Jango?

Anyone?

2. ForceHeretic

ForceHeretic Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 8, 2002
    I think he's a total pimp, he looks so damn cool

3. foxbatkllr

foxbatkllr Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 27, 2001
    <--------True Fett Fan

I love Jango immensely. In fact, I think he's surpassed Boba as my favorite character. I love his color scheme and the fact that he actually does stuff with his weapons instead of getting his ass beat by a blind man with a stick and screaming like a girl.

4. MandalorianJango

MandalorianJango Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2003
    I have always thought Boba was cool from the first time I saw E5. The first time I saw Jango I thought he was almost as cool as Boba Fett.

5. JangoFett316

JangoFett316 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 2, 2001
    I've been a fan of Boba since the day I saw him on screen all those years ago. I've even got a tattoo of his bantha skull insignia on my arm.

With that said, I adored Jango. I don't want to sound like a cheesy commercial, but he's new and improved for the next century! I loved that he actually used some of his weapons and gadgets, something I've been dying to see. Even his death was awesome. That's hard to say about a favorite character ;).

6. -Ace-

-Ace- Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2002
    I loved everything about Jango except he didn't seem to have the same kind of hard ass attitude as Boba did. But he did get about 1/2 way there.

7. Cometgreen

Cometgreen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2002
    Eh, no message. Sorry...

Cometgreen

8. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I have been a Boba Fett fan since that first 'Wow! Who's that?' moment in ESB.
    Before AOTC came out I was not that excited about the new Star Wars film because I hadn't been that crazy about TPM. That all changed about a month prior to the release date when I read an article in USA Today, which mentioned the return of the Fetts. Then I couldn't wait, and was in the cinema on day 1 (and 11 times after that..). Boba is still my favorite character, but Jango is definitely a close second.

9. V Wing Fighter Pilot

V Wing Fighter Pilot Jedi Master star 4

Mar 6, 1999
    Boba is far more established for pretty obvious reasons. He still is a much better character, I think that Jango actually makes him cooler, because it gives more character devlopment to the cold bounty hunter. I think Jango would be be better if we didnt see his face. Sorry, I just always liked the idea of the man beyond the mask being hidden. He still wouldnt have measured up to Boba.

[edit] Its called a typo... [/edit]

10. foxbatkllr

foxbatkllr Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 27, 2001
    Someone who spells Boba "Bobba" is not a Fett fan.

Typo? I think you did it twice. Besides, a Fett fan never makes that typo because it is the 2nd worst thing you could call Boba, right behind "Bubba." Hey I'm not being cruel, I just doubt your credentials as a Fett fan.

11. kingthlayer

kingthlayer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 7, 2003
    jango fett is the greatest thing since boba fett.

and sliced bread.

12. Skywalker_1138

Skywalker_1138 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 17, 2003
    While I'm not a Fett fan my stepbrother who is obsessed with Boba hates Jango because his armor doesn't look as used as Boba's among other reasons.

13. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    God, Boba was my favourite bad guy from the OT. Even ahead of Vader and Palpatine (not by much, though). He didn't even do that much, but he looked damn cool standing in corners and so on :p

Jango was fantastic, better than I hoped. I'd liked Temura in a couple other films before, so it was cool to see him again and he really seemed to be channeling the spirit of Fett in the best way :D His gadgets were cool, his whole attitude was even cooler, and little Boba seemed to be having the time of his life travelling around with his dad.

I'd definitely advise Jango fans or those wanting to learn more about him to play Star Wars: Bounty Hunter. It really does a good job with the character and his motivations.

So, Jango's great :D

14. Ree Yees

Ree Yees Jedi Youngling star 5

Apr 6, 2000
    BOBA FETT was my favorite character from that magical moment when I finally, finally laid my hands on the Kenner action figure. I was so excited I couldn't sleep :D
    I have tons of BOBA FETT merchandise.

JANGO FETT doesn't do anything for me at all, because there's no mystery to him, I think the color scheme is dull, he hasn't the cool cape and cool braids and stuff, and I strongly dislike the role the Fetts are given in the trashquel trilogy.

15. Ekenobi

Ekenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2002
    Loved Boba in the OT. Thought Jango was very cool. Being blue is my fav color loved Jango's suit!

16. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE

ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2001
    I like Boba Fett, but I never understood everyone's obsession over him. He couldn't shoot the broad side of a really big barn, and he gets killed by a blind man with a stick who hit him by accident.

Great character ;)

17. MandalorianPride

MandalorianPride Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 11, 2002
    Honestly, I wish Jango had just been a young, angry Boba. (See my post at http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=11742882&replies=21) But things being what they are, I'd have to say I am torn. Jango looks cooler, especially with the Geonosis jetpack. But Boba has so many more gadgets (all of Jango's stuff plus wrist rockets and a blaster, darts in his knee equipment) that he would make for a better fight scene.

18. jMo_Skywalker

jMo_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 1, 2002
    Boba seems like more of a badass to me. I like his armor more too. I also like the fact that you never see his face- it creeps me out a little bit...

19. Devilanse

Devilanse Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2002
    <--------Another true Fett fan

I was thrilled that another Fett, THE Fett was going to be included in EII.

The Jango 12 inch and Bobba...errr...Bubba...err...BOBA electronic 12 inch are among my most prized SW pieces.

Only one complaint...perhaps Daniel Logan could've used some voice coaching. "Daaaad....Towin Waay's heeahh!". I laugh hysterically whenever that scene plays out.

20. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    Hey, it's only his accent...bless 'im :p

21. RoboFett

RoboFett Jedi Youngling

Jun 17, 2003
    <--------- Yet another true Fett fan

I loved Boba Fett since The Empire Strikes back and until Return of the Jedi I still loved him.
    But once ROTJ came i was like he would not be killed by a blind guy with a stick and for that I was mad but i still love him.

Jango rocked with his fighting scene and all that.

But why does Lucas kill them off why o why my poor Fetts

22. bountyhuntr

bountyhuntr Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 27, 2003
    He's cool. I even have Star Wars:Bounty Hunter on PS2. It's so fun! I think Jango is better than Boba.

Boba:So, so you think you're better than me?!
    Jango:I sure do son.

23. ForceHeretic

Dec 8, 2002
    Jango's armor looks less used because it's the PT era, everything is supposed to look nice and polished

The OT is like the dark ages of the GFFA, everything gritty and beaten up. Even for Bounty Hunters the Republic era was still a more civilized age

And since we actually get to see Jango use a bunch of his weapons and not just have them sit there, Jango is cooler in my book

But Boba will always hold a special place as the ultimate badass

24. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    I think Jango was cool but, Boba should have bean the bounty hunter in AotC. It would make him a better character.

25. ForceHeretic

Dec 8, 2002
    And it would have made him 70 years old in ESB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.