main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Jango Fett

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Seagoat, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    So what did you think of Jango in AOTC? Was he a good character? Was he used well enough to connect the PT and OT? And did you like him in general or not?

Personally imo, he's like what Boba should have been in the OT. He actually uses his armor and weapons, and has some pretty awesome scenes tbh! Granted, his death scene is stupid, but at least he goes out against a Jedi Master.

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Minez01

Minez01 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 12, 2005
    Didn't mind him too much, but really we didn't see overly much of him. I really enjoyed his character much more once I'd played Bounty Hunter on PS2 and had read a couple of comics with Jango in them. In the movie he just seems like a bit of a Separatist pawn that is used mostly for a couple of fight scenes with Obi Wan. So I thought he could have been used slightly better.

Agree with you on his death. The other day I was reading some article of "7 things wrong with the prequels" or something like that (it was a humor based article) and his death is actually hilarious. Mace loses his saber, so instead of shooting him, Jango decides to try and pick it up from the ground. What did he plan on doing with it then?

But I think that this time around, the creators knew that people would probably like Jango because he's a Mando, so they gave him some time to use his flamethrower and missile and Slave I too. From what I gather Boba's popularity was something of a surprise to most people, and he wasn't involved in the plot in a huge way, so the creators probably didn't see the need for him to be shooting and flying around the place in the OT, because they probably didn't expect anyone to really care that much about him. Someone correct me if I'm wrong there, I wasn't actually alive at the time of the OT :(

3. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    I had doubts on the concept of his character. Boba Fett was a minor character, who really only appealed to fans who thought he looked cool.

But with Jango Fett, there was actually relevance to the character, as well as the series. For better or worse, Boba even became a more notable character as a result. He was still mysterious, but we actually got to see more behind his bounty hunting, notably his vast arsenal.

4. Lord Revan

Lord Revan Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 15, 2013
    I thought he was a good character. They used him fine.

5. Jango723

Jango723 Jedi Master star 1

Jul 16, 2011
    I thought he was a badass (shocking, given my username). I never quite got the hype for Boba in the OT (despite the fantastic character design) but Jango was easily my favorite part of AoTC.

6. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Hilariously, Jango was quite cool and Boba turned out to be just his lame clone.

Vthuil likes this.
  7. Darth Dominikkus

Darth Dominikkus Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2013
    I think the only reason they put Jango in the film was to show the history of Boba in the OT. I do think Boba should have been more like Jango when it comes to equipment, but I enjoyed who Boba was in OT. Jango was alright in AOTC.

8. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Just another great character from the movie.

9. Jedi General Gelderd

Jedi General Gelderd Jedi Master star 5

Mar 6, 2004
    Jango was the Bounty Hunter we should of had more of - wasted in 'AOTC', almost like Darth Maul in 'TPM'. Why kill off someone good so soon just as he was warming up? Funny how Boba gets far more cult status from doing nothing in 'TESB' and 'ROTJ' pretty much, but Jango is over-looked in the cloud of the prequels.

Great weaponry, great to see his face, a great, humane voice and a brilliant imposing figure. Shame we lost in as he would have been brilliant in 'ROTS' I think.

And his story in 'Bounty Hunter', as said before, really adds to his character and makes him even more honorable and great to see.

Long live Jango Fett!

Seagoat likes this.
  10. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    His body-language when talking to Kenobi = badass.

I loved it when he closed the distance between them.

11. Darth Dominikkus

Darth Dominikkus Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2013
    YES. When answers the question of know master Cyfa Dias or whatever his name is, he walks right up to his face, "Never heard of him."

12. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    There is a part of me that wishes Darth Sidious roadtripped to Kamino, busted out a few hand waves and called himself Jedi Master, Sifo Dias. Never heard of him, indeed.

Dredalus likes this.
  13. Ambervikings91

Ambervikings91 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 1, 2012
    I thought he was alright, I'm not really into him or boba that much though.

14. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Agreed, this was an excellent scene. I also liked the space battle with Kenobi, but that's the extent of it. Thought he was misused on Geonosis, golden opportunity for Lucas to show the viewer exactly why Jango was chosen, and add some concrete lore to his story by having him engage more than just two Jedi. I view his death in the same way I see Bane's from TDKR. Sacrificed opportunities for the sake of moving the story along.

15. Son of a Bith

Son of a Bith Jedi Master star 4

Feb 28, 2013
    Totally agree - just re-watched Episode II and I love the way he acted/carried himself, but once he got to Geonosis he was a total waste. Great point - that was the opportunity to show why Jango would be the template for what would become the Grand Army of the Republic.

Also, it would have been really interesting to see him face off against the clones.

16. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Jango the Jedi killer, father of Boba the lunch.
    Jango got the Maul treatment, but was way ahead of the game.:p

heels1785 likes this.
  17. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    I thought he did much more to justify having a fanbase then Boba Fett ever did.

18. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Lucas did that with the fight against Obi-Wan.

19. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Sure, that's a fair point. I would say that just holding his own against Obi-Wan for a bit doesn't necessarily separate him from the other bounty hunters out there. I would have liked to have seen a bit more of his skill and the supposed uniqueness that led to him being chosen as the prototype.

And Son of a Bith, that's an really interesting prospect, it would have been incredible to see him have to fight his own army in allegiance to Dooku. Even more so if Boba could witness it, and the seeds of distrust it may have planted towards the Imperials and their army down the road for him.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  20. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Well, we didn't saw that many bounty hunters in action, and certainly not one that could hold his own against a Jedi Knight.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  21. Aaronaman

Aaronaman Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 12, 2013
    Jango was one of the best parts of AOTC the way he carried himself was excellent...he never buckled when confronted by the Jedi.

He was a cool character and a great way to introduce why the Boba character was the way he was in the OT.

22. Wookiee_Vader

Wookiee_Vader Jedi Master star 2

Aug 21, 2007
    I thought his death was fair enough. Maybe getting a bit cocky, biting off more than he could chew and fronting up against possibly the most lethal Jedi Master the Order could throw at him. Woopsie...

23. The Supreme Chancellor

The Supreme Chancellor Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2012
    Windu made him look like a chump.

24. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I love his character! He's so awesome and badass. Definitely far superior than Boba Fett. I wish he was the one who attempted to kill Padme though and had that chase with Anakin and Obi-Wan, it would've definitely been been better with him.

I however don't really like his death scene, it seemed to cheep. I wish he survived AOTC and made it to ROTS.

25. Blue Ice Cream

Blue Ice Cream Chosen One star 6

Aug 9, 2006
    Jango intrigued me from the start. However, my interest in the character multiplied exponentially after playing the game 'Bounty Hunter'. This often overlooked video game is what I imagine one of the standalone films might be like. It took a great character and explored all of his aspects. I'd really enjoy a film or game based on any other stellar character.

whostheBossk and haleyorgana like this.