PT Jango Fett

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Seagoat, Apr 18, 2013.

Moderators: SithStarSlayer
  1. ezekiel22x Force Ghost

star 4
    He's the one bounty hunter in the series to transcend simply looking cool, so yeah, I appreciate the character. Loved the apartment scene. I remember when word first leaked of the script calling for such a set there were some humorous responses along the lines of "so are we going to see him sitting around sipping cappuccino?". From a certain perspective it is indeed kind of a quirky oddball move to go from a rogue's gallery of bounty hunters lined up and looking appropriately badass to seeing one of their number off duty and chilling in his living quarters, but little touches like that are why I love AOTC. Great masked tension going on in that scene--I'd dare describe it as kind of a Tarantino lite moment. Love the two strong personalities playing it cool while the rampaging waters outside and the iconic armor hidden behind the door threaten to break the calmness. And when this indeed happens, we get a fight scene that still floors me to this day, feeling miles removed from the series' more intentionally cartoonish action encounters while also managing to capture that classic Indy Jones set piece feeling.
    Last edited by ezekiel22x, Apr 21, 2013
  2. Darth Dominikkus Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    He held his ground longer than any non-force wielder probably could have though. He was definitely a worthy opponent against Kenobi.
  3. Slicer87 Jedi Master

star 1
    It mirrored Boba's death in ROTJ, Boba also bit of more than he could chew by landing on that skiff for up close fighting with Luke. At least Jango was killed by a top Jedi, instead of by accident by a confused and legally blind guy.
  4. GGrievous Prequel Trilogy Trivia Version 2.0

Game Host
    star 5
    I like Jango, and yes he's a Mandalorian, TCW. Open Seasons and SW Bounty Hunter increased his badassery imo. Had I not named myself after Grievous, I would've been named after Jango. :p

I did get use to the retcon and the Jango-Boba connection.
    Last edited by GGrievous, Apr 22, 2013
  5. Darth Chiznuk E7 Casting Contest Host

Game Host
    star 5
    I love the character and Tameura Morrison was fantastic. He and Ewan nailed the scene in the apartment and I always get the feeling at the end of the scene that they both want to just rip each other apart but instead they just play it cool. Such tension! I love the little detail of the armor in the closet that Lucas added. Did Obi-Wan see it or not? I still don't know but I love it. The Jango/Obi-Wan fight is also one of my favorite fight scenes in the saga. It's so fierce and brutal and the rain just adds this fantastic quality to it. Brilliant.
    bstnsx704 likes this.
  6. Darth Dominikkus Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    The squeeking of Jango's boots against the metal platform when they were sliding down always gives me goosebumps[face_nail_biting]
    Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  7. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 6
    I thought it was hilarious when he fired a rocket out of his head at Obi Wan.
  8. Slicer87 Jedi Master

star 1
    It was out of his backpack like the old Boba Fett figure prototype.
  9. OldSchoolFan Jedi Master

star 1
    I loved the Jango character. As a huge fan of Temuera Morrison's work as Jake Heke in the excellent Once Were Warriors and What Becomes Of The Broken Hearted, I was rather excited when I found out he was in Ep II and when I saw Jango in all his silver bounty hunter glory for the first time I thought that this would be the greatest Star Wars movie yet. Okay, his character didn't really have that much to do in the movie other than look intimidating but the scene where he meets Obi Wan was the highlight of the movie for me and the fight scene was superb, it's not often you get a good old bare bones punch up in a Star Wars movie. Shame he gets despatched in such a rubbish way though, would have been nice for him to have escaped to fight another day.
  10. Jango723 Jedi Master

...but if you think about it, he did. In more ways than one.
  11. The Supreme Chancellor Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    In the form of the clones he essentially did. Order 66 is pretty much Jango's legacy.
  12. darth_mccartney Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Jango is amazing. He would wipe the floor with CT era Boba!
  13. OldSchoolFan Jedi Master

star 1
    Haha, I see what you mean, nice one
    ;)
  14. Jango723 Jedi Master

*Double Gun-fingers + Wink*
Moderators: SithStarSlayer