main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jango's Blasters

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by lord_kalknor678, Jul 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lord_kalknor678

lord_kalknor678 Jedi Youngling

Jul 26, 2002
    Hello.
    I have been scouring the net for tutorials on building a couple of Jango Fett dual westar blasters. After several hours of fruitlessly looking through Boba Fett Jetpack tutorials, Jango Fett Cape tutorials, Boba Fett Ankle Missile Launchers etc. etc. I decided this is probably my best bet. I know this topic has probably been posted numerous times before but they all seem to lead to costume selling websites or ebay auctions. So none of those please!!! All help really appreciated. Thanks.

2. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Have ever thought of using Rubies Jango Pistols to make them? They will look great after some modifications. ;)

Anyhow, you should check out this Forum for some Jango Armor making:
    The Dented Helmet-Jango Fett

3. lord_kalknor678

lord_kalknor678 Jedi Youngling

Jul 26, 2002
    Thanks Darth_Eagle. The Thing is that I'm from Australia and that means : "What the 'ell is Rubies, Mate?" I'll try the dented helmet again anyway. Also i was hoping to perhaps not buy the guns as over here they are about 35 bucks and don't even look, feel or sound like the real ones. Thanks anyway!!!!

4. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    $35 (in AUS$, right?) for the Rubies ones? But it only cost US$8 at US and I know stuffs usually cost less in Australia than in Singapore. :(

I also had to depend on a Costume shop to get the pistols (and Padme's too) cause unlikely TRU gonna bring them in. And worse part is, the lady say she can't promise me she'll get it for me cause she had some difficulties previously in getting the items in through "urgent" order due to LFL selling policies (no selling to foreign orders from warehouse) so was hopping her normal order will get through without them seeing she's from outside US.

Anyhow, someone did mentioned that he can get me good Resin ones but I'm a budget so I pass it on, for now. ;)

Hmm, have you check out RPF too, yet?

EDIT: I forget; there is at least one Jango Fett Costumer/Armor Maker from Australia. He's should be here too but I forget his username. :p Ask him how he did his.

5. BroodMcEto

BroodMcEto Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2002
    For my Jango blasters, I used the $20 foam-suction dart firing ones. They aren't great but they are fun!

6. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Just some comments from what I read in the Forums concerning the 3 types of toys Jango Pistols available.

The Hasbro ones (the 2 versions) are smaller than the actual prop and a bit too shiny.

On the other hand, the Rubies ones are of the correct size but the handle color is wrong while the barrel a bit shorter than the actual (many people just replace this part with some new metal tube). But of course, it still need a paint job no matter.

For now, I'm choosing the Rubies ones cause I need at least 3 of them (1 for my Zam, 2 for my friend's Jango). I'll get the replica ones later when I can afford it. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.