main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Jango's Confrontation of Mace

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Ananta Chetan, Jul 9, 2014.

1. mratm23

mratm23 Jedi Knight star 3

May 13, 2014
    I usually don't agree when people think stuff should be changed, but this I completely agree with mainly because it would've made the Yoda vs. Emperor fight even more badass cause it would've been our first time seeing how cool Yoda is.

2. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011

I think George takes a rather dim view of mercenaries like the Fetts. He's talked about regretting killing Boba Fett in such an ignominious way because of fan response to the character, but the original impulse to do it that way must have come from somwhere.

Boba and Jango are really nothing more than common thugs who kill people for money. Do they really deserve epic deaths? Even the Darths are more honorable than them, in a way. Say what you will about the tenets of the Sith Order, but at least it's an ethos.

Andy Wylde and Cael-Fenton like this.
  3. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    In fairness, he warned us he was simple

Ananta Chetan likes this.
  4. CommanderDrenn

CommanderDrenn Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 19, 2013
    Eh I think a cool character deserves a cool death. I think a lack or morality is better than a poor morality, but that's another conversation....

5. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Jango had just smacked around Obi-Wan in both a ground and space battle so, with all the chaos going on, he probably felt he could take down the Jedi with the purple lightsaber. And Mace basically threatened to kill him. And he was working for Dooku so I can see why Jango would take the fight down there. All the stuff that happened down there, it's all the damn Reek's fault.

Andy Wylde likes this.
  6. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Like one of the previous posters had stated, I also think Jango was trying to get even with Mace because he held a lightsaber to his neck.

The question I want to know is, did Obi-Wan ever see Jango up in the stands with the Seperatists.

7. roguesquadpod

roguesquadpod Jedi Youngling

Aug 13, 2014
    His over confidence was his weakness. Furthermore, Jango didn't plan on his jet pack malfunctioning :oops:.

rumsmuggler likes this.
  8. Binary Sunset

Binary Sunset Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 31, 2014
    I would have sought confrontation with the individual who placed their lightsaber at my throat.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  9. Andy Wylde

Andy Wylde Jedi Master star 4

Jun 26, 2014
    Well Jango wasn't too smart really. What if he flew into the pit to confront Mace and say 2 more Jedi stepped in to assist Mace? That in itself wouldn't have went too well for Jango. As far as I see it they should have extended the Mace and Jango fight out more to give more depth to their fighting abilities.