main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jania- Murderous crimminal or honestly redeemed soul?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Charlemagne19, Mar 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    What's your two cents on the Dark Journey Jania took and does one think she went too far or too weak into the Darkness for it

2. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Who's Jania?

I've heard of Jaina before though.

3. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    What she did was wrong, there should be no denying that. For the first time in the NJO I actually felt sorry for Kyp towards the end of the book when he was butting heads with her. But the very end of the book makes it clear, from both her and Kyp's POV, that she has a long way to go before she is fully redeemed.

4. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Why do people constantly misspell Jaina? It's not that hard to spell correctly.

5. farraday

farraday Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 27, 2000
    This question is kind of subjective, but are there any sympathetic characters left in NJO?

6. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Personally, Ben Skywalker. Actually, I can feel sympathy for a whole line of characters, but I have to feel that they are in a sympathetic position at the time I feel it.

7. Lianna

Lianna Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    I think that what Jaina did was wrong. But I also see that she is sorry and on the way back. Yet, it does not escape me that people will not judge her as harshly as they have Kyp for his actions.

8. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Oh sheesh it's just one letter difference!

Well personally I think Jania Solo has commited some serious crimes here like Kyp Duroun including human experimentation and murder. How much of this is because of her grief for Anakin we may never know but I do believe Kyp is her destined master and I do believe that she is his destined padawan learner

Maybe even something more I think.

Still the acts she did were abominable even if on a smaller scale than Kyp

9. JediStryker

JediStryker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 5, 2000
    Oh sheesh it's just one letter difference!

Well personally I think Jania Solo

[face_laugh]

Anyway, I think she had to go through what she did; she's learned from her mistakes, and she's sorry now, so all's well that ends well.

10. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    Quote: "I do believe Kyp is her destined master and I do believe that she is his destined padawan learner

Maybe even something more I think."

Heheheheh...Something more...I hope we find out soon...Jaina did blush, after all, when she thought Kyp liked her in "Rebirth".

That sucked how in "Star by Star" the entire relationship between them was ignored.

Yes, I'm a Kyp and Jaina fan...but, mostly a Kyp fan. ;)

Err...wait a second...Does that above statement make me sound gay? Damn it...*scratches head*

11. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
    I think she did go too far, but is on the way back. Kyp might be her maser, but she will get together with Jag in a romantic way.

12. Gr-Adm-Thrawn

Gr-Adm-Thrawn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 1, 2002
    (based on the character you discover in DJ only !!!)

how can you feel sorry for a spoiled brat who thinks she has understood - at her early twenties - subtilities and ties in relationships it has taken others a lifetime to fathom.

How can she be so presumptuous ? And the way she considered Lowbaccas' life-debt ! shheessh why didn't the wookie rip her arms out like his uncle used to do so well with Trandoshans ?

And what's this thing about taking the dark side so lightly (no pun intended) why didn't the others try to do anything ? NOBODY can be THAT headstrong - especially NOT her!(Jacen maybe but that's another thread all together)

Murderous criminal or redeemed soul ?

I say NONE - she's just very very poorly portrayed in DJ.

13. METZ

METZ Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 17, 2001
    I can forgive her past.... hell shes the best looking woman that dosnt exsist ive ever seen.......

14. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    "Oh sheesh it's just one letter difference!"

Well, actually I'd describe it as 1 letter shifted over 2 spaces.

15. Lianna

Lianna Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    Let's not turn this into a Jaina/Jag/Kyp argument please.

When you say on a smaller scale than Kyp, do you mean his actions in JAT or NJO? In JAT Kyp was under the influence of Exar Kun and could hardly be held responsible for those actions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.