main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Janruary meeting and Lifeday Celebration

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by greencat336, Jan 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    The Janruary SWAP meeting was held at the Grey Goose, during the 2nd Annual Lifeday Celebration.

Calander of events was gone over, revised and added to. For full details, see the Calander of Events thread.

New Master/Padawan pair Bonmothma took JediGirl514 as her Padawan learner. Congradulations to the both of them. May your experience be wonderful!

Polls A discussion about great polls we have polled, including the master of polls JediJason. Some missed the funfilled polls, while others remember that for a brief time our ability to poll was taken away since almost every thread on the front page was a poll, including a poll about which poll we liked best :D

Presents, Episode I Josh (Jango) had to go early, so he opened his secret Santa gift. A very spiffy A-wing. The young Imperial commander seemed very pleased with the capture of the Rebel ship.

Ewoks The debate continues. Do Ewoks wear pants? Zerocool maintains that they do indeed, under their fur. Others speculated that perhaps they wore fur pants, so it was difficult to see the actual pants. Greencat defended her postion that Ewoks do not wear pants.

Raffle A Santa Yoda figure was raffled off, with the proceeds going to the SWAP fund. Mrs. Darth Agony won! $45 was raised.

Treasury report With the raffle money, the total in the SWAP checking account is now $197.82. It was agreed that the SWAP fund will be used to help pay for a rented minivan and hotel rooms for the SWAP trip to CIII in May of 2005.

Celebration III Start saving now! Tenative plans are to rent a mini-van so SWAP can travel in comfort to Indianpolis, ideally one with a VCR so we can watch the films on the way out. As of right now, it looks like we will be getting two hotel rooms, one for the males and one for the females. As the date gets closer, plans will get more detailed. CII was an incredible experience! Since CIII will be the preparty for what Uncle George claims will be his last SW flick, no doubt CIII will be even bigger and better!

Lifeday

'My how people come and go around here' Rox and Ginger make a surprise appearance, and are welcomed with the words, "There's no food for you." ;) After it was revealed that the Twins had known they were coming and that there was indeed enough room at the inn, much joy was expressed at the presence of our former leader.

Tina, Stacie and GC Chris had to make trips back home to get things that were forgotten, but soon everyone was assembled and the festivities got into full swing.

Food! Good buffet, cookies, cake and various snacks. Coffee was eventually aquired. PIE! both pumpkin and peach was served.

Happy birthday January birthdays, Emily, Brian and Abbey! Sal brought in a birthday cake for Emily, who spent her actual birthday at this event. To show his appreciation for this wonderful woman, Sal revealed to everyone her real age and lit 34 candles on her cake ;)

Photographs were taken, as well as the event being video taped by Stacie.

PRESENTS, Episode II. DVDs were the gift of choice this year. It was decided that when guessing who gave the present, the answer 'Chris' was the best bet. Everyone seemed very happy with the stuff they got (me included. Thanks again!)

Games! Sal's assemble the droid game was very fun. The first round went to Rox. In the second round, Zerocool disrupted Tina long enough for him to win. For the third round, Ginger comes in first (after Greencat loses precious time dropping a torso on the ground). In the final round, Rox demonstrates that hours upon hours spent playing video games produces great hand-eye coordination as he leaves Zero and Ginger in the dust. Rox recieved a Jedi Unleashed game and everyone got to keep a C-3PO figure.

Next came Abbey's Star Wars Bingo. It was very revealing what people chose to put on their bingo boards. Tina won the first round, Zero the second, and Josh won the coverall. The key to winning, it turns out, is to pay attention when the word

2. BrendonWahlberg

BrendonWahlberg Jedi Master star 2

Nov 14, 2001
    It was a great time, and I was glad to get back to the group after 6 months away. I wanted to thank Christina...stina crisstina...cristinatina...oh, dang it! Anyway, thanks to the Jedi roommates for the really great job they did setting this up, and for their creativity and generosity in making it a cool event. Thank you!

Brendon

3. BonMothma

BonMothma Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2003
    Thanks to the twins for organizing a fun event. Definately the most fun I've had at a SWAP event yet!

BTW, the giant cookie was really good!

Great food, games, and it was nice to see so many Jedi costumes in one room.

And now, I am Jedi Master to What's her name :D

Just kiddng, Allie. I'm looking forward the experience.

4. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    We had a great time this weekend. It was fantastic seeing everyone again. I've been away way too long...

5. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    I had tons of fun.

Em enjoyed it as well. There wasn't much Chicken Marsala for her by the time she got to it (She was last in line) but George the owner made her a special plate of it extra for her. Thanks George!

Had fun playing games and watching Football.

GO Eagles!

Good job at Chess, Stacie!
    You could have won that last game...

Thanks ever so much to Tina and Stacie for the copy of Epic Duels. Minty fresh one to boot.

Even with me giving away a free C-3PO to everyone in attendance, I still have 12 left. Hmm, I may need run this game again. I may not have Zam cards but I gots me some 3-PO's (Inside joke for you old timers in the group)

Thanks again to the twins for organizing the event.

6. JediJasen

JediJasen Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 15, 2002
    Sounds like ya'll had fun, wich I could have been there. Aw well maybe next time.
    This has been racking my brain since I read it, but who is Jasper?

7. Darth_Agony

Darth_Agony Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 13, 2003
    I had a great time at the party. Thanks to Stacy and Tina for organizing it and to everyone who had games.

Chris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.