main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN *January 11th Meeting*

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by WedgesOtherNephew, Jan 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WedgesOtherNephew

WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Our next general meeting is Saturday, January 11th at 12:00 Noon at Comic Quest on Morgan Ave.

We need everyone's help building the agenda. Post your ideas here!

We will have some of the usual topics of discussion(Book Club Update, Collecting, Logos, gaming, etc.), but we need some more ideas!...

2. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Daredevil? (14.2.03)

3. WedgesOtherNephew

Jun 6, 2002
    Sounds pretty good. Perhaps a quick bite together & go see Daredevil.

Along with that of course some covert E'ville Jedi propaganda. ;)

4. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    Handing out literature (don't tell Adam :p)

5. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    Wedge, if you want an announcement put up on the main FF page, let me know. You can either draft an announcement yourself, or send me the info and I'll take care of it. :)

~H~

6. WedgesOtherNephew

Jun 6, 2002
    I always do. ;) I will get you the info soon, DarthJurist.

Thanks! :)

7. TC517

TC517 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    I might have a speech meet that weekend. :(
    If I can't be there, I will have plans for the 2003 advertising campaign posted here. More info to come. :)

Just a side note: The book club made the paper again a few days ago. :)

Edit: Daredevil sounds like a good idea. Should I put it in the e-mail reminder?

8. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    Completists get press time while Purists are shunned. [face_mischief] :p

9. Nathan PTH

Nathan PTH Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2000
    ::stumbles back in, mocking the snow in Evansville::

Hey, guys. I won't be up the weekend of the meeting, but I'll be up the weekend after. You might mention to the others, or in the Book Club or whatever, that ChronoRadio has started interviewing published SW authors on a semi-regular basis, so if there are questions they might want to pose to the ones I have scheduled but haven't interviewed yet, they can drop me a line to get their question on the air with the authors.

Right now, I think I'm down to Matthew Stover, Ann Crispin, Kevin Rubio, and Daniel Wallace on the "scheduled but not interviewed yet" list, but I've got emails out to Allston and a few others as well that I haven't heard back on yet.

I put up feelers for questions on the Lit board, but I figure I'll give the Evansville group the opportunity too. I still haven't cared enough to hookup with the Atlanta group yet.

10. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    *can think of a thousand questions for Allston but here's not the place*

Allston is teh cool.

EDIT: If we do Daredevil, will it be similar to the Signs meeting? (Move the meeting to 3:00 and see the movie after) If so, we have to move the meeting that month to the third Saturday.

11. Lord_Skywalker

Lord_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    Having the meeting on the 3rd saturday sounds good then catching DD. Either way I should be there.

Andrew

12. TC517

May 14, 2001
    The third weekend would work out great for me.

The only thing about not doing a meeting on the second Saturday is that we advertise meetings as being that day every month. On the other hand, the only people that usually show up are on here and would know what's going on.

I won't be able to be there if we do anything on the 11th. We could have a general meeting on the 11th, and then do a DD event the next weekend or just have a brief meeting and go see DD like we did for Signs.

13. WedgesOtherNephew

Jun 6, 2002
    Okay, it sounds like we are on schedule to have our General meeting this Saturday, Jan. 11th, and we can schedule February's meeting and Daredevil viewing.

Also, I spoke to Darth_TKD & we are interested in playing the Trading Card Game at some upcoming meeting. We would really like to introduce/re-introduce it to the group! Possibly not this meeting due to his schedule, but soon. Stay tuned!

14. Lord_Skywalker

Jun 12, 2002
    Sounds good as to the meeting schedule and the card game which ehehe I have cards but not sure how to play..I'm gonna guess it's like magic in some form? I haven't played that in 5 yrs doh the madness

15. Taelys

Taelys Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 15, 2002
    Hope you guys settle on a Jan. 11 meeting. Third weekend is my weekend to work, which could mean anything and everthing. (please ignore redundancies)

Plus, I should have something to show for club logos.

Taelys

16. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    We will have a Jan. 11 meeting. The debate is over the Feb. meeting: on the 8th or 15th followed by Daredevil?

Good to hear about the logo! :)

So good to have people with art skills...

17. Lord_Skywalker

Jun 12, 2002
    Hey all something I'll cover at the meeting saturday but I'm going to grandslm in Pasadena gonna meet the 501st and Rebel Legion MJF and lotsa FanForces out there

Andrew

18. TC517

May 14, 2001
    Forget everything I said earlier in the post.

That sounds like fun Andrew. Take me! Take me!

19. Darth_TKD

Darth_TKD Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2002
    I will be at the meeting tomorrow, so everyone come prepared to play the TCG (not to be confused with the CCG, which required years of study and deep meditation to understand). The TCG is not hard to play; it is complex, but not complicated. Adam (Preacherman) and Scott (WedgesOtherNephew) are both knowledgeable about the game and will assist me. It's really a fun game, and I'm sure you'll all enjoy it.

20. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    Minutes for the 11 January meeting:

[ul][li]There were seven members in attendance.[/li][li]We discussed the usuals (Book Club, Collecting, gaming, etc.)[/li][li]I brought the new business cards to show off to everyone.[/li][li]We discussed advertisement. We need new signs to put up at ComicQuest, and we also discussed putting a business card in every single book at Barnes & Noble as well as Borders (which apparently has a better selection of SW merchandise. :p)[/li][li]The logo was discussed. Only two of us know what it looks like because both people who are working on it forgot to print it out! :p[/li][li]The [i][color=red]Daredevil[/color][/i] event was discussed. I think we decided on having our meeting as usual and having a "club event" on 15 February in which we meet at a restaurant/the theatre/somewhere and then go see the movie.[/li][li]The meeting was then formally adjourned. Everyone stayed around for a while and learned/taught some basics of TCGing.[/li][/ul]
    Book club meets on 28 January to discuss (in theory) [i][color=blue][hl=black]Shadows of the Empire[/i][/hl][/color] by Steve Perry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.