main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chatt, TN January 2005 meeting

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Vesper2112, Dec 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vesper2112

Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN star 4

Nov 14, 2003
    I just realized that we didn't have a thread started over here about the January meeting. :oops:

Anyway, the January meeting will be on Monday, January 10th. Time and Place to be decided.

At the December meeting, we decided that Monday's would be a good day for us to try and have our regular monthly meetings as we've had a few requests for that day from people who found it hard to go to some of the other meetings. So, NOW NONE OF YA HAVE ANY EXCUSES! LOL.

Feel free to suggest a place. I think for meetings, we'll probably skip around month to month unless we settle on a place that we all really like.

2. drthmrl

drthmrl Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2003
    im so happy that monday was desided that i dont really care where the meeting is!

3. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    Just a reminder that the January meeting is tonight. It's at The Dragon Caves starting at 7:00pm. We'll be bringing pizza and drinks.

This will also be the place we will be having our "game nights" every Thursday starting on January 13th at 7:00pm.

Please come to the meeting, the game nights, or preferably... both! See ya there!

4. SarkaVrae

SarkaVrae Jedi Master star 5

Jun 3, 2004
    aaawwwww, we made mearly happy! :D

5. drthmrl

Jul 31, 2003
    HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY. JOY, JOY, JOY!!!

6. SarkaVrae

Jun 3, 2004
    look! we got him to sing! [face_laugh]

are you dancing as well?

thumps OPPM

7. SarkaVrae

Jun 3, 2004
    (posted from our other forum site)

Meeting notes:

Well, buying action figures aside, we managed to still get pizza. Thanks Timotheus for making the pizza run for us.

Attendance: Layren, Timotheus, SarkaVrae, Todd (why hasn't he signed up here yet?), Vesper2112, DrthMrl, Lord John, and DallasValla.

Thanks to The Dragon Caves for letting us use their place for the meeting. Looks good and I'm sure they enjoyed the pizza.

Well, lots of stuff was batted around tonight. SarkaVrae gave us some information about The Rave theater. They told her that we can't rent that party room out for the Episode III premier. Actually, no one can as they said too much is going on! BUT they have allowed us to use that room for our next few meetings for free! That's great news as we'll get free exposure to everyone that goes to see a movie on those nights. Also, they would really like us to be there during the Episode III premier. They plan on having TV crews there and would love to see us there in costume and camping out. As the time draws near, we'll talk about a plan for that. We toyed with having a tent of some kind that we can have some SW gaming going on in the parking lot. (SarkaVrae - please fill in any details I left out).

Once again, reminder that gaming night begins this Thursday at 7:00pm at The Dragon Caves. Lord John has graciouslly volunteered to put us through the Star Wars Role Playing Game. He'll be bringing books, dice, character sheets, etc. We'll be making up characters on Thursday. If you've never played an RPG before, don't worry. Some if us haven't, but Lord John will walk everyone through it.

Flyers: I got some pricing from a local printer. Bottom line, color copies are $0.55 each. Pretty pricey. Black ink on white paper (colored may be more, but I can talk with them about that) is (for copies):
    $0.15 each
    50 = $0.10 each
    100 = $0.07 each
    For larger amounts:

500 = $45.70
    1000 = $57.84
    1500 = $70.10
    2000 = $78.00
    4000 = $120.00
    5000 = $140.00

At this time, we'll rethink what we want to do. Ideas tossed around are business cards, a banner (for when we do apperances at public places - like the Episode III premier), a large poster type "flyer" that we set up at our functions, flyers that we hang up at local businesses (with tear-off info tabs).

Membership dues are also still being discussed. Now that we know we can't rent the Rave out and the flyers are still being talked about, Membership Dues are still "in process". Right now, we'll be content with paying as we go along until we come up with some definite plans.

Charity Drives: We talked about possibly doing one before Episode III. We'll need to talk about this more as to what event we can focus this around and to who we want involved along with the actual charity we want to sponsor.

DallasValla and DrthMrl mentioned movies that they are either making or are involved with. They will possibly need actors so stay tuned for details as things develop.

I think that's it. If anyone wants to add anything, please post away. Great meeting! Look forward to the next one!

8. Lord_John

Lord_John Jedi Youngling

Dec 29, 2004
    It was AWESOME getting to meet all of you! I had a great time and anxiously await further meetings and fun.

9. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    It was great meeting you and DallasValla as well! We plan to have fun. I need to get a movie listing together to see what's coming out over the next few months. Maybe we can have a "movie night" every once in a while to see this stuff together. Looking forward to Thursday! I think I'll be something other than a human... a Bothan? A Twi'lek? Definitly not a Jedi... as I think we'll be covered there. ;)

10. drthmrl

Jul 31, 2003
    ah hah! all you rebel scum! imperial's rules!!!

11. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    They did for awhile, I'll grant you that, but we all know what happens at the end of the story... ;)

12. SarkaVrae

Jun 3, 2004
    well, at least mearl is posting again, lol

13. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    But not on Chattooine! I guess he really likes his "Jar Jar" tag for his one measly post.

Sorry you missed the RPG character creation night yesterday. If you ever get a chance to come on a Thursday, I'm sure we can get you up and running pretty quick. Maybe you can be a guest star. You know the kind... show up, make a difference, be a good character... then die at the end! LOL.

14. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    Whatever Mearl said about me and the other Atlanta folks at your meeting isn't true. :p

BTW Mearl, if you're out there, you still owe me yet another game of putt-putt. ;)

15. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    Hiya Minacia! How are ya? Things are going great down here. Naaa. Mearl didn't tell too many tall tales about you guys. At least I don't think so. :p Thanks for dropping by. We're actually talking about doing a charity putt-putt or cosmic bowling thing in the near future. We're trying to find some other sci-fi type groups in the area, but so far no luck. Chattacon is this weekend, so maybe Mearl can pick up a few flyers for us or see if any groups exist. Anyway, see ya!

16. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Whatever Mearl said about me and the other Atlanta folks at your meeting isn't true

Does that mean I don't have to make a folder after all? :p He was going on about how you had one ;)

17. SarkaVrae

Jun 3, 2004
    hahaha! o the tangled webs we weave! mearl's gonna get it now! lol

anyway, FYI, mearl said he can't make it to Chattacon, so it leaves that task up to one of us....who will it be? :)

18. Vesper2112

Nov 14, 2003
    I can't. I won't be anywhere near it this weekend. I couldn't get the copies as the copy machine wa tied up most of the day. We could probably run off severl at Kinko's or something since this flyer doesn't need color or anything. So, if anyone's going, let me know and I'll e-mail you the flyer file. I doubt you would need to pay admission if you're just dropping off flyers. Besides, there's probably a 100% chance we'll be doing something grand next year with them. Why not help us promote ourselves at this one? Seems reasonable to me...

Oh, on the radio today (102.3 - Talk Radio) they were talking about Chattacon. Actually, the host (Jeff Styles) is a huge sci-fi fan and had Larry Niven in the studio with him. It was very cool as they talked back and forth about sci-fi books, writers, and the decent movies out there. He also had a few reps from Chattacon, but I missed the first part of it so I don't know who they were. Anyway, Jody (ahem)... you may want to give him a call to see if we could promote our group sometime around May 19th (maybe the day before?). He might want us "experts" in.

19. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    Oh, I have a folder. But the brand new President of my chapter (I'm still the CR) has an even more impressive folder. So, if you don't want to be outdone, you may want to work on that folder. :p ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.