main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

January 2005 - Meeting

Discussion in 'Archive: Killeen, TX' started by Darth_Fairacon, Jan 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Fairacon

Darth_Fairacon Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 24, 2004
    Hey Hey Hey!!

Welcome to 2005 folks! I'm excited!! Are you excited!!?!? LOL

Anyways, as discussed beforehand, this months meeting for January will be at the Dragoon Irish Pub located in the Killeen Mall on SATURDAY, 8 JAN 2005 at 1pm in the afternoon.

I will post directions to the pub on the website later this week:
    http://www.killeenfanforce.com

The owner has been out of town for awhile, no doubt because of the holidays, but I intend to speak to him about setting us up with a place to gather monthly.

Be sure to mark your calendars for the meet, much to discuss.

See you all there!
    Todd
    DF

2. Tandeer

Tandeer Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2001
    Glad to see that we're having a meeting before I have to take off for W.F. *S*

Count me in!!

3. Darth_Fairacon

Aug 24, 2004
    Yep! We are all set with George and the Irish Dragoon Pub. He was VERY excite dto learn that we wanted to start having our meetings there. Nice guy!

He also said that if we came in costume sometime that would be the "icing on the cake" so to speak! lol

I told him we dress up but usually for large scale functions.

Is anyone up for dressing/suiting up for our first 2005 meeting in our new place?? Any excuse to dress up right?? LOL

Joe? Scott?

Todd
    DF

Oh yeah... what's the W.F. ??

4. JosephEck

JosephEck Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2003
    W.F.:
    Wichita Falls?
    Wells Fargo?
    Weekly Funnies?

I wouldn't mind suiting up... as long as I have a place to do so... I cringe at the thought of my fat self running town in a two-peice black spandex body suit without something over top of it... but yeah, I'd go "TK" for this...

Joe :)

5. Tandeer

Apr 7, 2001
    Joe, your first guess was right.. Wichita Falls. I leave for my surgery on the evening of the 17th.

6. britt1

britt1 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 10, 2001
    I have been sick from work for the past week so it depends on how I am feeling. First the doc thought it was bronchitis now possibly walking pneumonia :(
    I just wanna feel better. Can someone send Mara Jade (or any other cute red-headed Jedi babe) to nurse me back to health :)

Jim

7. JosephEck

Feb 21, 2003
    Sorry, Jim - fresh out of hot redhead nurses... though I DO know a gorgeous brunette. Of course, she's not a nurse, and she lives 17 hours away, but hey - she gets to use a TAZER at work. Ya gotta love that !!

So am I the only one that's going to suit up, or should I go civilian?

Joe

8. Darth_Fairacon

Aug 24, 2004
    I thought about suiting up....

I'm game if you are Joe. I have made some mods to my trooper suit so I "might" be able to sit down and enjoy the meeting... LOL Then again, I "might-not" be able to.

For me to suit up in the parking lot only takes a few seconds. I just have a few peices to clip on and I'm done.

<shuffling through a large bag>
    Redheads... redheads... redheads... nope, nutn in here but some blondes and one brunette. Sorry Jim. Fresh out. Try me next week. <grin>

Hope you are feeling better soon Jim.

I am bringing a new guy with me to the meet. Not a HUGE SW fan, but I aim to change all that. Steve should be showing up with me as well. Possibly Jacki.

Scott said he would show, and this will be his last meet before he jets off to Vegas to live the good life in warm sunny weather! If I ask he would probably suit up as well.

Anyone else? Patrick you out there with your Jedi outfit?

Todd
    DF

9. Tandeer

Apr 7, 2001
    *hugs Jim* I'm a redhead, but not a hot single one. Didn't know you had a thing for us reds! *L*

Walking pnemunia is nothing to mess around with. Please feel better soon Jim and take care of yourself. We want you around for a long time.

*hugs again*

10. britt1

Dec 10, 2001
    Thanks all! I tried going back to work today (they only give us 5 sick days a year and I have used 3 this week). Thankfully I survived the day but tomorrow is a new one!

BTW since you are all out of reds go ahead and send a blonde or brunette Jedi babe! Would a female Jedi be a Jedette?

Jim

11. JosephEck

Feb 21, 2003
    Ok, I'll suit up... :D

See y'all Saturday !!

Joe

12. Darth_Fairacon

Aug 24, 2004
    A Jedette!!! LOL

You're too much!

Todd

13. JosephEck

Feb 21, 2003
    How cool was that??? One of the most fun meetings we've had yet !! My favorite part was by far the security guard at the mall... :D I bet he'd have been a bit more chipper if he had one of our costumes. *L*

All in all, one heck of a fun time. And Scott - good luck in Vegas !! You'll be missed !!

Joe

14. britt1

Dec 10, 2001
    I enjoyed the meeting as well. That pub is a great place for us.

Joe, what happened with the security guard?

15. Darth_Fairacon

Aug 24, 2004
    hhehehe I bet he would have been more chipper! lol

Once we explained to him what we were doing, he calmed down but, I still think he was a bit outta line...

Todd
    DF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.