main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

January 2006 Meeting

Discussion in 'Archive: Greenville, NC' started by Dal--Intrepid, Jan 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    It's a new year. Star Wars, as a film, has left us for a while, but that doesn't mean we can't hang out! Like the new slogan says, "Star Wars is Forever!" and so is the Emerald City Empire! So check out your January calendars and start thinking about what you'd like to do this month! List your availability for this month and any ideas you may have!

2. Jedi_Master_Kel

Jedi_Master_Kel Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2002
    Any cool movies coming out this month? I'm free most Sundays and evenings. Let me know where you want to meet. Fuddruckers (sp?)for shakes and sharing (sharing, just talking and getting to know each other better, especially with the new people).

Kevin H. (Archangel)

3. vswader

vswader Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2002
    a meeting would be great this month...i may be going to the toy show in raleigh on saturday with my two sons...and on sunday i will be watching carolina and the colts play...but let's schedule soon...may the force be with you!

4. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Maybe I'll see you at the toy show Kevin. I'm going up Friday night for the Hurricanes game and then staying in Raleigh for the toy show Saturday morning.

5. The_Green_Ranger

The_Green_Ranger Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 18, 2004
    okay we have this coming sunday the 22, and the next one which is the 29th (if lt_cm_data and I are gonna be able to make it.)

any ideas?

I kinda wanna see Peter Jackson's King Kong.

then we could goto fuddruckers afterwards to catch up and discuss ECE stuff.

is everyone well and able to come? we havent had a full member meeting in quite some time.

see you guys

6. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    I am available most of the day on Jan. 22, but need to be home by 5pm.
    I am available on Jan. 29, but need to be home by 2pm.

I would love to see King Kong. [face_monkey]

7. vswader

Mar 13, 2002
    I am available this sunday also...but I am planning to watch both football games which starts at 3:00pm. I have already seen King Kong but will gladly meet anyone before or after the movie...also next sunday is ok as well. i hope something can be worked out.

8. The_Green_Ranger

Nov 18, 2004
    lt_cm_data and I would prefer to have it next sunday...(plus it would ne next to nothing for notice right now) if everyone is on a tight schedule we could just skip the movie if u guys want to and just meet at fuddruckers or somewhere. or I am always up for Chinese if anyone else likes it. One of my faves is Grand China Buffet in the Target shopping center. food is good, service is good and its a good price before 4...like 6 bucks or so.

whatever you guys wanna do. i cant wait to see you guys again after so long.

9. Jedi_Master_Kel

May 13, 2002
    Seen King Kong, good movie. Next Sunday, the 29th sounds like a great plan.

Kevin H.

10. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    OK, how does this sound to everybody? Voice your yay or nay whether you'll be there.

What: January Gathering
    Where: Fuddrucker's on Firetower Rd.
    When: Sunday, Jan. 29 at high noon (12pm)
    Why: Lunch, socializing, $5 shakes, and because we can

If some of you still wanna do a movie afterwards, go for it. Unfortunately I can't make it since my wife is working 2nd shift that day, so I'll need to go on home after lunch.

11. Q_of_the_Continuum

Q_of_the_Continuum Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 14, 2003
    I've never been to Fuddruckers. What kinda place is it exactly? I don't go on that side of town very often anymore.

12. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    It's basically a burger place, but the burgers are gigantic. There's a little malt shop type of thing in there where you can get milk shakes and other ice cream treats. It's not fast food though, it a sit-down type of restaurant. You place your order at the register, go to your table, and they call your name to go get your food. Given there are three Kevins in our group, it could be rather fun. [face_laugh]

13. Q_of_the_Continuum

Jul 14, 2003
    Haha! Okay, well I'll try to make it if I can.

14. The_Green_Ranger

Nov 18, 2004
    sounds great. I'll see you guys there. I will only be able to make it for the resteraunt as well. I am going to my mom's and stepdad's afterwards (like I do every sunday) and then over to a friends to watch the royal rumble.

see you guys sunday.

15. Jedi_Master_Kel

May 13, 2002
    See ya'll at High Noon this Sunday.

Kevin H

16. vswader

Mar 13, 2002
    i will be there on sunday also at noon. may not be able to stay too long...my wife scheduled some type of afternoon dinner/brunch thing with some people..don't know too much about it. i probably will not eat much for i will be eating later...and it cost $18.00 per plate. i am looking forward to the meeting.

Kevin V.

17. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Woo-hoo! Sounds like we're gonna have a full house! Looking forward to it!

18. The_Green_Ranger

Nov 18, 2004
    yay, a full meeting for the 1st time in a long time (I hope)!!!

19. Q_of_the_Continuum

Jul 14, 2003
    Sorry guys, I hate to say I won't be able to make it. I had no idea until tonight that my sisters are coming over tomorrow and we're having dinner here. My older sister's birthday was last week and we are celebrating. My mom doesn't tell me anything until the last minute. Sorry again.

20. Q_of_the_Continuum

Jul 14, 2003
    So how was the meeting last week?

21. Jedi_Master_Kel

May 13, 2002
    It was good. We missed you bud! Next time if you don't come, we are going to come to you (hahaha).

When is the next meeting?

22. Q_of_the_Continuum

Jul 14, 2003
    Hehe. Sometimes my family comes over on Sundays, mainly my sisters and their families. One of them just happened to fall on the day of the last meeting. I sure don't mind if you guys come out here though. My leg is fine now so I can still meet you guys anywhere as long as my schedule permits. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.