main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

January 2015 RMFF meeting - 17th at 4 PM at WOTR

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by DieWompRatDie, Jan 3, 2015.

1. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    The January meeting will be at the Wings Over the Rockies museum on the 17th at 4 pm in their board room. If you tell the front desk that you're with the RMFF and here for the meeting, they'll point you in the right direction.
    he-guy has set it up so we can watch a movie in the Harrison Ford theater after the meeting. Movie and food TBD. Any suggestions?

2. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    1 week until January Meeting BUMP
    Bring your calendar/planner as we will be planning out our monthly schedule for 2015, so if there is a month this year you really want to host, let it be known next Saturday.
    Also, I am hoping we can keep the meeting to around an hour or so, so we can eat (pizza unless someone has a better idea in the next 7 days) around 5:30 before going into the theater. I currently have right at 2 hours of Star Wars Saga awesomeness to start 2015 (The year of Episode VII) off in the right direction. This will be family friendly, so feel free to bring the younglings as you will be on your way home by 8pm.

DieWompRatDie likes this.
  3. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    I'm not sure what this means...is it some sort of greatest hits?
    I'll bring Guardians of the Galaxy, a Christmas present from FanForced, as another possibility...

4. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    I think we will be there, but perhaps not for movie time.

5. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
  6. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    DOUBLE FEATURE!
    EPISODE I & II IN JUST TWO HOURS!!
    EXPERIENCE THE BEGINNING OF THE SAGA IN A WHOLE NEW WAY!!!
    IF YOU LOVE EVERY LINE OF GUNGAN & POLITICAL PREQUEL DIALOGUE..
    THESE ARE NOT THE CUTS FOR YOU!!!!

7. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Sounds...interesting. It could be good. Was there a particular reason you wanted to show this fan edit?

8. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    I'd like the group to be able to experience the entire saga (I to VII) together as a group in 2015. Now is THE time to be a Star Wars fan in the Denver metro area, and I feel watching the franchise together will be us closer as a group and will enrich the entire sequel experience come December. As much as I would love this to happen at a familiar location like our gracious home for January's gathering, I know we may to look for alternate venues to accomplish this feat within the next 11 months (ie. Celebration, and some metro area theater for episode VII).

Wow, I guess I didn't really answer the question. Oops.. For further discussion on this and other fascinating Star Wars & RMFF topics.. Come to the January meeting! :)

9. thejackal327

thejackal327 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 19, 2013
    Minutes from the January meeting:

January Meeting​
    1/17/15 4:24 PM​
    Wings Over the Rockies​
    ATTENDANCE
    Roll call & question: Any fun Star Wars related gifts you gave/received during holiday season
    41 members and guests were in attendance.

OLD BUSINESS
    -December meeting: the meeting went well. “Everyone was a winner” at Cards Against Humanity. White Bantha gifts have gone full circle and are now being re-regifted
    -2015 RMFF Officers: New officers were introduced, as well as “semi” officers—CR: Dale Morris, Co-CR: Michael Nestlehut, Treasurer: Jason Doolittle, Secretarian: Jackie Elwer. RSA: Jonathan Thornton, Webmaster: Ben Payton, WOTR liaison: Zoo
    -Marvel Star Wars #1 Launch/covers/discussion: 501st made an appearance at 5280 Comics. Launches had to be licensed and official launches were held, and attended, at 5280 Comics and Mile High Comics. Mile High Comics also has a run of six custom covers that may prove to be collectible. The prices are $20-25.

OPEN DISCUSSION
    -Topic—Star Wars Rebels: discussed star cameos in the show. Members appreciate the strong female characters that have been introduced, but are looking forward to their stories being expanded. The resident mercs would like to see “more mando!”

NEW BUSINESS
    -2015 meeting dates/locations: a tentative schedule has been created for the year. The default location will be Village Inn @I-15 and Colorado Blvd, unless noted otherwise:
    Feb 21st—VI
    March 7th—Kim and Jeff’s house
    April 25th—VI
    May 16th—Rock Bottom @Westminster Promenade
    June 20th—VI
    July 18th—BBQ at Jonathan aka DieWompRatDie and Linda’s (FanForced) house
    August 15th—VI
    September 19th—VI
    October 17th—VI
    November 21st—Thanksgiving meal TBD
    December 5th—Krampus day at Jason aka Nerfherders and Chris' house
    -Denver St. Patrick’s Day Parade (March 14th): the truck and registration have been taken care of. The float will need touch-up paint, but no major repairs. Details are still pending on the parade itself: plan to arrive around 7:30-8, don’t throw anything
    -Celebration Anaheim (April 16-19th): Rebels Season 2 premier, Rebels panels, Disneyland discounted tickets, ROTS 3D (but no Episode 2?), Smugglers Gambit. March 15th is the cut off to purchase a badge if you would like to have it mailed to you (strongly recommended). nnaydolem has a number of rooms booked in her name at two different hotels. She will lose these reservations by Feb 1st. If you are interested, there is a thread on the boards. Jeff will be driving with a trailer. If you would like to rent space, please make arrangements with him. ABSOLUTELY NO ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES! Please try to meet on Sunday morning for an RMFF group photo
    -May the Fourth (Sunday, May 3rd): Zoo will be coordinating this event
    -Denver Comic Con (May 23-25th): this year’s booth will be nearly identical to last year’s configuration. We will have to pay for power this year, which will be factored into the price of badges. We will need greater commitment from volunteers receiving badges this year. Expect a 6hr commitment. The green screen requires additional commitment, and we may have to decide if we want to run it this year. DCC also runs their own green screen. Donations are welcome for the Make a Wish auction. Consider approaching employers and business associates for material or monetary donations. Becca (Sarnia), Tom (corran_r9) and Jeff (darth_hair) are all good contacts for Make a Wish questions.
    Jonathan will be hosting his trivia panel again and is still accepting volunteers, so if you're interested, contact him via PM DieWompRatDie

OPEN DISCUSSION
    -Topic –Star Wars Episode VII: Character names have been revealed from the teaser trailer. Popular speculation from the group is that Andy Serkis will be voicing Zombie Jar Jar Binks.

PUBLICATIONS COMMITTEE
    No report

TREASURER’S REPORT
    $562 currently in the bank. $44 were generated by the raffle.

COLLECTING NEWS
    -Episode VII product reveals: products will not be revealed at the NY toy fair as anticipated

OPEN DISCUSSION
    A motion was made and carried to appoint a committee to stock prizes for events throughout the year. The committee will be allocated funds to purchase these items, rather than individual members purchasing items and then expecting reimbursement. Kim, Lynelle and Robert volunteered

RAFFLE
    Five prizes were raffled off, including original (two of a kind) Star Wars fan art

GROUP PHOTO:
    https://www.facebook.com/RockyMount...42438998984/10152715843938985/?type=1&theater

10. thejackal327

thejackal327 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 19, 2013

he-guy likes this.
  11. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Thank you Jackie for getting the minutes up so quickly, great job!
    Also, here is the info for the patch that was mentioned at the end of the meeting per Torri:
    You can see the picture of the patch here: https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd...._=1422324459_90dd6ed4f2a156ed8c9b82d734b2fbc5

12. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Great turn out! Thanks to everyone that took some time from their weekend to hang out with the group, very fun way to start off 2015!