***********January Activity*************

Discussion in 'Salt Lake City, UT' started by Marold, Dec 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SovereignKnight Jedi Knight

star 3
    I maybe possibly might go to this. Mary almost has me convinced. I'd really like to meet some new people and make some new friends. Somebody talk me into it.

2. ondiv Jedi Master

star 4
    If you come, I'll come.

And that is saying a lot since I don't like to be cold and wet...and there is a very good chance that we will be both of those things by the end of the event.
  3. SovereignKnight Jedi Knight

star 3
    OK then. 2PM at Sugarhouse park on Saturday. Count me in. Anyone else?

4. ondiv Jedi Master

star 4
    Derek/Frio Carr is coming!!!!!!!!!!!! I just finished talking to him!!

oh, and the lousy bum is going snowboarding tomorrow.
  5. saberwielder76 Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok, so are we meeting at the donut place beforehand, and then heading to the park? Kind of like a central meeting place? Or just be at the park at 2:00 and then go to the donut place afterwards?

MMM...donuts.
  6. Shadow_Wolf_3882 Jedi Knight

star 1
    The doughnuts are afterwards. Meet at the park.
  7. kreleia Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I really want to come to this - and bring Jacob. I think he'd have a blast!! I just need to get him some snow pants... and I believe Target still has these in stock. So! Oh wait... sledding requires a sled - or some kind of slide-able prop. I'll have to dig around the parents' house and see if they have any of that stuff still. If not, I guess I'll be buying new. [face_blush]

BTW, it's GORGEOUS outside today!! Cold, but the snow and sun is my favorite winter combination. Clouds = yuck. I hope it's sunny and beautiful tomorrow too!
  8. Marold Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    My nieces are excited, they love the snow and they love hot chocolate.

I hope to see as many of you there as can make it.
  9. ondiv Jedi Master

star 4
    See, I don't have a sled, or sled-able prop, either. Thankfully there is a Toys r Us right across the street....and I'm going to go BUY myself one before the meet up!!

HAHA!

now I just need to make sure I can still fit into my snow pants... [face_blush]
  10. kreleia Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    So, how'd it go?

I'm so sorry we didn't make it! I went diving into ye olde online bank account access, and realized I didn't have the means to get snow pants, boots and a sled for Jacob. Much less boots for myself (I refuse to wear tennis shoes in the snow). So, we ended up going to Costco with my mom. On a Saturday afternoon. With the rest of the entire population of Sandy and Draper. [face_plain] Can we say "insanity?" Sledding and hot chocolate would have been so much more fun. *le sigh*

I hope Sugarhouse Park wasn't terribly crowded. :) Yesterday seemed like THE day to go sledding - I saw people sliding down their front yards in some cases. [face_laugh] CUTE!! Passed lots of school yards and parks with tons of sledding going on, too. So, I couldn't help but think of you guys.

If you have pics, please post!
  11. SovereignKnight Jedi Knight

star 3
    Wheeeeee!

It was cool I 'spose. I think there were only seven of us all together. Problem was, there was hardly any snow. It didn't make for very good sledding, so the sledding factor was limited.

I had a massive headache, so I didn't participate as much as I should have. I gotta apologize for that too. I wasn't my usual jovial yet timid self. I actually have a personality, in case you were wondering. I just felt a bit out of place... like the new guy in the corner. Maybe I'll do another event some time and feel a little more comfortable.

There weren't any pictures that I'm aware of, sorry. The lack of snow and the crowded hill were a bit of a bummer.

12. ondiv Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm so sad you two didn't make it out! :( I was really looking forward to sledding with Jacob...I even bought a two seater!
    LOL about going to CostCo! I have to share...the first time I went in there I got lost...

*whispers to Geoff* pst, check out the new guy! ;)
    I'm glad that you came out and that I was able to meet you (again...) I promise to never ever forget meeting you again :D
    I'm glad that you went down the hill on the sled...relive some of those childhood memories and what not! I sure hope youe headache got better and didn't stick with you for the rest of the evening. PLEASE come to another event! We are really nice and don't bite...unless you are a donut...and I checked...you are not a donut. [face_batting]

Hey Geoff! I'm really glad you came out to play with us! Hooay! You were the sledding king!

T'was fun and I can't wait to do it again!!!! Thanks everybody!
  13. Marold Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Thank you everyone who came.

My nieces had a great time, they just wondered who all the tall people were.

I'm glad you finally went down the hill Nix. I'm sure you enjoyed every minute of it.
  14. saberwielder76 Jedi Master

star 4
    *whispers to Erin* Yeah, I know! He must be a Star Wars fan, or something. ;)

Hey Erin! Me too. I AM the king.

It was fun. That sled you let me use smoked!

15. SovereignKnight Jedi Knight

star 3
    Why are people whispering about me? **Looks around**

What is this "Star Wars" you speak of? Is it a TV show or something? 'Cause y'know, I don't really watch reality TV. ;)

Thanks for the fun all. I'm truly interested in meeting new people and making new friends. I finally took my old friends out of my trunk and properly disposed of them, so I am in the market for some new ones. Plus, I have more trunk space now.

:)

16. saberwielder76 Jedi Master

star 4
    I know of a few people who could benefit from that. [face_laugh]
  17. ondiv Jedi Master

star 4
    What? More trunk space or new friends?

(scowls at the OPPM)
  18. saberwielder76 Jedi Master

star 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.