January book discussion meeting

Discussion in 'Lubbock, TX' started by TI1420, Dec 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TI1420 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    We have chosen "Vector Prime" as the book for January. At this meeting, we'll pick the books for the spring semester and begin discussions for our Episode III festivities

Have a good holiday and a safe New Year and then come on out to the library on January 5th for the next meeting!

2. --Darth-Snow-Storm-- Jedi Youngling

It's to bad that the rest of ya'll didnt come join in the fun. Were suppose to choose the book for feb. but we decided to see what the others might a word in that. We did talk about on the x-wing series and heir of thrawn set. The only thing about the x -wing books are we that it would be tough to only do one book when you get so hook in the series. I hope to see the rest of ya'll at the next meeting.

Snow
  3. TI1420 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Hey gang-

Sorry I missed the meeting, I've been sicker than heck with the flu. It's a nasty bug this year.

What book is on for February?

I hope everyone is doing well and had a good holiday. As always, you are all welcome to come see me at the Omni. I'll be in this weekend, so drop by if you get time and I'll give you the grand tour.

Cheers!

Ian W
    TK-1420

4. --Darth-Snow-Storm-- Jedi Youngling

How about The Truce at Bakura or the crimson comic? If you guys want you caould just leave that day free to discuss what plans for ep 3. It's always good to prepare. I hope you get well soon Ian.

Snow
  5. TI1420 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I propose "Tattooine Ghost" by Troy Denning for February. I do this for a host of reasons:

* It's a good follow-up to "The Courtship of Princess Leia" and a good run-up to the Thrawn trilogy.

* It has some tie-ins to the prequels.

* Troy Denning will be at ALL*CON in Dallas the weekend after the February meeting, if anyone is going to that.

* I just read it ;)

I'm planning on going to ALL*CON and thought knowing Mr. Denning's work would be nice for anyone else making the roadtrip. I'm up for anything, though, and we know Ryan's read it all already, hee hee.

I'm feeling better now, thanks. It's a bad flu this year, so avoid it if you can.

See you in a few weeks!
  6. dinochick Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Sorry that I missed the meeting :(. What date is the first wednesday in February? I am going to be in Iowa the first weekend. I will be defending my thesis in March so life is super busy right now. I am sorry I haven't been around more
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.