Knox, TN January FanForce Meeting

Discussion in 'South East Regional Discussion' started by Jar Jar, Dec 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jar Jar Jedi Padawan

star 4
    That's the greatest poem in the land
    If this wasn't a forum I'd give you a hand
    Fan Force is the Rock and Roll
    My Ewoks cell looks like a troll

That last line doesn't make much sense
    So let me explain it to the dense
    The Ewoks cell I'm referring to
    I got when I joined the Fan Club crew

It's hard to do this while you work, but at least I can so that's a perk.
  2. smuggler1186 Jedi Youngling

I hate to break up the jam session you guys, but won't be able to make it this Friday. I'm working late and then I have to be at work the next morning by 6, so I just don't think its a good idea. I hate missing you guys though (Screams a mournful Wookiee howl into the night).
  3. Jar Jar Jedi Padawan

star 4
    URRRGHHHRRGGHHHH!!!.. or something like that.

Oh well, I guess there's always next month, and I hope you can make it by then because the Holiday Special keeps burning through my lead-lined containers and I'm going to run out soon.

Don't look at it Marion! :)
  4. BushiFox Jedi Youngling

star 1
    So, is this the mancino's right next to the kroger on Middlebrook where Cedar Bluff T's into it? Or, a different one?

5. Jar Jar Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Hey Bushi, long time no see!

That's the place, so if you can make it that would be awesome. Oh, and you better be bringing all that money you owe me or I'll..

Just kidding, see you tomorrow!
  6. BushiFox Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Yeah. Its actually insanely close to my house, so, I think I might have to pop in. And, yeah, I've been very reclusive lately what with insane work schedules and family issues.
  7. Jar Jar Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Hey guys!

I just wanted to say that I had a good time at the last meeting and that it was great to see everyone again.. Yes, even you Bushi! :D

Our next meeting date will go up soon and I guess I'll flip a coin on the bowling alley thing. Right now it's a literal toss-up between Family Bowl and Fountain Lanes, so if anyone has any other places to suggest, just throw them out before Tuesday and I'll add them to the list and roll a die on the matter instead. It would be a great use for my old gaming dice, so if you have any ideas, fire away!
  8. BushiFox Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Can I just vote for whatever the closest one to mancinos is? (I had never been to mancinos before, but, man, that food was good.)
  9. Jar Jar Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Mancino's is a great place to eat, but I wish that they had a few more tables. I'm not really complaining about it because I definitely prefer it to the ruckus at Mr. Gatti's, but man, that place sure gets packed!

And I thought about having a vote for where to go bowling because "I love democracy", but while one place may be closer for one person it will be farther away for someone else, etc.. Rather than get into all that stuff, I decided to keep it simple and leave where we go up to random chance. Both of the places are not that far apart for anyone that has a car, so one is about as good as the other, and if you have another place in mind just let me know and I'll throw it in the pot.

I really want to use my dice on this, so if no one gives me any other ideas I'll be forced to use my four-sided die (aka. a d4) on a modified results table as follows:

Random Bowling Locations Table(1d4):

1-2: Fountain Lanes
    3-4: Family Bowl

So c'mon with the ideas if you have them because today will be over before you know it! :)
  10. YodasQueen Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Don't know anything about either one ROLL THE DICE my good man!
  11. Jar Jar Jedi Padawan

star 4
    *dons some medieval courtly gear in anticipation of rolling his old D&D dice*

In time my Queen, for alas, the day has not yet passed us and others must be allowed their time to speak.

I pray thee to calm thy fury and have patience.

12. Sith_Hobbit Jedi Youngling

Don't forget your +2 DM bonus agaisnt late posting geeks.
  13. Jar Jar Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I didn't think that humans got any bonuses..

[flips through CR's guide]

Oh yeah, you're right, but I also get a -2 because of being surprised by your late posting. hehe.. It looks like I managed to level anyway, so it's all good. :)
  14. YodasQueen Jedi Youngling

star 1
    So... What did the almighty dice say?
  15. Jar Jar Jedi Padawan

star 4
    They said "1".. So Fountain Lanes it is! They are located at:

3315 North Broadway Street
    Knoxville, TN. 37917

I'll throw a thread up with the meeting date soon and that will be that. I hope everyone can make it! :)
  16. Sith_Hobbit Jedi Youngling

Sounds like a plan. I have no idea where that is, but I'll mapquest it and go from there.
  17. Jar Jar Jedi Padawan

star 4
    That's exactly why I put the address up, my hobbity hobbit. I'll put it in the meeting announcement thread too, so hopefully most folks will be able to track it down that way.

Speaking of which, I need to put up the meeting thread.

18. Jar Jar Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Well the meeting thread is up and all is well.. except, that is, for one small matter. I have not received a link to the story I was promised at the last meeting and I am anxious to read it. It's bad enough to be all hyped-up for something and I can't do anything about it until the middle of May, but two things?! It's completely unbearable!

I need my gross-out story, pretty please! :)
  19. Sci-FiGal Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Oh man! I'm so sorry, it completely sliped my mind... either that or I had blocked the story itself outta my mind hence I didn't remember... excuses excuses, pm finally sent.
  20. Jar Jar Jedi Padawan

star 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.