main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon January/February Meeting?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Jedi Gunny, Jan 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    It's been a while since our last get-together (OryCon, I believe), and that was a few months ago. Any ideas on the first meeting for the year?

2. jimsidious

jimsidious Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 23, 2002
    guess I would be worried i would be the only fella showing up...lol dude if its in salem i would totally be there regaurdless but if its some where more than say 15 miles....i would be a bit sketchy drivin out to say p-town and not knowin if i would be the only one there ya know???

3. jawafett

jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep star 3

Mar 13, 2003
    Where would we like to have a meeting for January 30th? If that's a good date, we need a place. Portland area or Salem?Resturants are good. Can't afford to rent the rec room, but I do want to host sometime this year. Any thoughts?

-Eric

4. jimsidious

jimsidious Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 23, 2002
    are we the only ones around these days??? lol well i say we meet in the middle. the 30th is a sunday.,...see this is why i say im worried i would be the only dude showing up lets get some people showing interest eh?? (edit).....my girlfreind says shell come along if we can figure this out, so theres an extra person

5. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I might be able to make that (for once). However, no guarantees just yet; I'm not sure of my school schedule at that point.

6. AramysStrael

AramysStrael Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2004
    Considering that both Eric and I have attended two meetings (one up in P-town and another in Salem) where we were the only ones who showed, I wouldn't worry about someone not showing. Once Eric and I are committed, we're there. So, you should be safe with whatever location is decided upon.

With that said, the next couple of weeks really aren't good for me. I am having to vacate the house that I am in, by the 6th of February. I've found an apartment, but to get the free month of rent, I have to wait until close to the 1st to actually do the move. Not much time there when I work 10 hour days, M-Th.

Also, since my job has changed, I don't have as much internet time as I once had. What little computer time I have, at work, now consists of going through all of my work-email and updating my shift activity reports. I barely have time to check my personal email at work. Sometimes I am able to check things on one of the other boards I am on, but that is becoming few and far between. I am literally so busy, that I forget to come to OFF, half the time. Like I said, my time is limited.

Now, here is where it will get even more dicey. Once I move, I lose internet access at the home front. I won't have internet until I am able to afford a new laptop, and/or internet service. Since the new position at work required a $2.25 an hour pay cut, and rent will be $600 a month at the new apartment, it will be a good while before I am able to get the things that I will need to stay connected to the cyber world.

But, on another note, I just attended the first OryCon meeting for the year, today. They are very much looking forward to seeing you again, Eric. Sandi was still singing your praises in the meeting, as were a few others.

Back to the topic on hand, as for a meeting, mid-Feb would be good for me. But if you guys need a meeting before then, I understand. I'll just catch the next one!

Take care!

- Bill

7. jawafett

Mar 13, 2003
    We could schedule a February meeting and find a place so that will give people more time to plan for it.

-Eric

8. jawafett

Mar 13, 2003
    How about March 5th afternoon-ish?
    Somewhere?
    To discuss some things?
    Anyone interested?

-Eric

9. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    I would, but that is Emerald City ComiCon weekend. I will be attending (tentatively) ECCC on that Saturday. I will be coming home the same day. How about the next day, Sunday the 7th?

- Bill

10. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Not going to work for me. That's the weekend before Finals. :(

11. jawafett

Mar 13, 2003
    Looking at March's weekend schedule, How about March 26 or 27th?

-Eric

12. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    I do believe I am open that weekend. So it will work for me.

- Bill

13. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I should be free those days.

14. jawafett

Mar 13, 2003
    Sorry, I haven't been planning for the meeting. Family and I have been sick past couple weeks, Flu and colds.
    Will plan a meeting in April.
    In the meantime I did post in some other Star Wars related forums asking for people to join our group. Hope to bring in new members.

-Eric

15. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    Sorry to hear the family has been sick. Hope everyone is doing better. I am in the new place now, but I still have yet to situate all of my crap. I'm just lazy, I suppose. One thing is for certain, I am really missing all of my Star Wars friends, be it costumers or OFFers. So a meeting is long overdue. Would love to get together and chit-chat with y'all again - especially Eric!

At any rate, internet is still an issue where I live. I really need a laptop (and a good internet connection). But I can always be contacted by my phone. I do check forums and email, while I am at work, but that is my time is more limited than it ever was before. That may change, in the near future, for a temporary basis. But that is up in the air, still. That, and I just seem to be forgetful. I know I said i would try to check this board more often, but I just forget. I do apologize for that.

Anyway, let's get something planned soon.

Take care!

- Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.