Rocky M, NC January Meeting Announcement

Discussion in 'South East Regional Discussion' started by eddie-wan-kenobi, Jan 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    The January meeting will be next Saturday, Jan.21 at my house. Start time of around 4-5ish. Bring your own booze, as well as some grub if you wish. I dont have the cash to buy a lot of stuff right now, so please bring something if you can. Call it a "pot luck" meeting, if you will. I got Star Wait for Chistmas and thought it might be fun for us to watch as a group. Its a documentary about a group from California that waited in line for 6 weeks to watch Attack of the Clones. Will generally just be the usual, hang out, drink and enjoy each others company. Also, Riff has an idea for something new we can do as a group that he will be discussing. And no, it doesnt involve Karma Sutra. Look forward to seeing all those who can make it.
  2. eris_of_discord Jedi Knight

star 1
    Can it possibly be any other day? the 22nd is Joshs birthday. My mom, me, and his family are going out to eat for his birthday on the 21st. I know he wants to do something with you guys(incuding Cam) He really isnt mad at anyone,Just having a rough year so far.) Anyway Is there a way to change that so we can do something together. Just someone call me or my mom. Ok, thanks.
  3. bigdaddyfuller Jedi Knight

star 1
    if the date stays, i am working but i will try to make it, it may be later, after 10pm.
    and i will not be able to stay too long, you know, a few hours( lol)
    i am looking forward to seeing guys again, lol.( and the girls that show up, lol)no offence we need more females at the meetings. i know that there are some out there some where, lol( will get tons of posting for that comment. lol)

4. eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Funny you mention that, bigdaddy. I have met one of our nursing students who is a pretty rabid Star Wars fan and is very cool. I'm gonna see if she's up to making a meeting soon, if not this one then maybe in February. Stay tuned.
  5. freako104 Jedi Knight

star 1
    If Cam can give me a ride I will try to make it. I cant make promises, I dont have a car nor the know how to get there
  6. eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    For anyone new to the board who might be planning on coming to the meeting Saturday, directions to my house are still on the Outlander website, www.easternrim.com

Go to the news section, scroll down a little ways and there they are.
  7. Mordtat Force Ghost

star 3
    It would be no problem freak. Looking forward to seeing you around.
  8. JediRiff FanForce CR Rocky Mount NC US

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Can we get a definite on who is coming to the meeting? And what food you will bring?

I will be there, and I think I am going to grab a few packs of hot dogs that Eddie can grill up. And I will bring the buns as well.

Oh, and dont even say it, Joe-da. :)
  9. eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
  10. Sinuuan Jedi Padawan

i can bring a couple drinks "mountain dew, dr pepper, pepsi" any preference? and some chips too.
  11. joe-da Jedi Master

star 4
    I should be there. I'll be bringing my appetite...
  12. Aidion_Templari Jedi Knight

star 2
    I would show, but ill be dining with my family.
  13. JediRiff FanForce CR Rocky Mount NC US

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Oh yeah, btw.... Happy Birthday, Aidion! :)
  14. eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
  15. Entropy Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't know yet. It'll mostly depend on if I'm done with the assignment that I'm working on now.
  16. ForceTheologian Force Ghost

star 2
    No suprise entrance for me this time. I'm goin to be with Jackson this weekend.

FT
  17. eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Hope you can make it, Entropy.

Thats good news, FT.
  18. Kazuma_Kuahara Jedi Master

star 4
    Wish I could make this one guys but money has gotten screwed right now and I have work. over 300bucks in vet bills and 200 in hotel bills.... damn who knew living on your own would be so expensive :p
  19. Lodreh Force Ghost

star 4
    As of right now I don't think I'll be able to make it... though if at all possible I will try to drop in for a quick appearance.

Lod-Reh SaJon ~
    "If you seek knowledge and understanding look to the Force.
    If you seek pain and suffering look no further than me."
  20. Darth_Tanis Jedi Knight

if i got a ride i might be able to go
  21. bigdaddyfuller Jedi Knight

star 1
    hey gang,
    the rumors of my demise are great exaggerated. so far as i can tell i will be there, later but there. i will be there after i get off work (around 10pm) if that is not too late. call me, eddie or riff, if it is. y'all should have #, but if not it is : 567-5170, if i don't answer leave voice mail, or you can text message me too, same #,
    later gang
  22. joe-da Jedi Master

star 4
    Sorry for the back problems... Turns out it was kidney stones, so you know I had a fun day today...

Thanks to all the victims for the film!!
  23. eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Ouch, Joe-da. Hope everyone had a good time at the gathering. For future reference, please don't pull around the house through the front yard when leaving next time. Someone ran over my septic tank which could be a VERY costly repair if it were damaged.

Oh, and I think I should get an award for my scenes in the film. "Best Performance By a Drunken Actor." 8-}
  24. joe-da Jedi Master

star 4
    Footage looks great! Finally got to check the final 10% of it last night - between bouts of pain...

Maybe it turned out better because I couldn't really concentrate on what I was doing...

The only part needed for those 2 scenes to be complete are: I'm going to add a brief "sun almost coming up" shot for Sam's morning find, and the "guy bleeding from the eyes" which John describes.

For the outside stuff, you could see the silhouette of someone inside the kitchen. I thought about cutting around it, but it's actually kind of "creepy" and can fit, as the Eddie character spying on Sam or something.

My main challenge for the film is an effect I have never attempted before. It's when the robed figure follows Dawn (!!!!) through the portal, which closes on him, mid-jump, cutting him in half. I think I'll have the person jump, cut to green screen, with the person on a chair, then show the 2nd half of the person fall to the ground.
  25. eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.