main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego, CA January Meeting Minutes

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Miana Kenobi, Jan 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    SDFF January Meeting
    Saturday Jan. 26, 2008

Paintball
    Paintball got delayed and pushed back to February 16. If you still want to sign up, contact Lesley. We need to be there at 8:30 am.

Con Dor
    Con Dor is coming up Friday Feb 29-March 2 at the Handley(sp?) Resort in Mission Valley. Star Wars author Tim Zahn will be the guest of honor. We have a table and it needs volunteers!

Also, James will be running Death Race 2008 (along the same vein as the Rocket Race).

Comic Con 2008
    Comic Con is coming all too soon. Wed. Feb 6th Hotels go on sale online. Get up early.

We have a table supposedly. The details are still getting ironed out. Oh, and the 501st will be armed to the teeth with nerf guns. And apparently a wall and trebuchet.

Children?s Hospital Visit
    Sam is trying to organize a Children?s Hospital visit in February. All groups will be invited.

MS Walk 2008
    The MS Walk is Saturday April 19 at Legoland. It?s a costumed and non-costumed event. You can either donate to our team (So Cal Star Wars Alliance) or join us! We will probably be printing team shirts again. Also, we want to try and get people to go to the Irvine one the week before.

It was also brought up that we could create flyers for this to put out at our table at Con Dor.

Force Unleashed release
    Whenever this game comes out, midnight release event?

Indiana Jones 4
    The Indy 4 trailer is released on Feb. 14. The game comes out on May 22, so we?re most definitely lining up on May 21st (Rachel?s birthday, yay!) for it.

Free Comic Book Day
    Saturday May 3rd is Free Comic Book Day. We don?t know if there will be any SW comics, but there quite possibly might be some Indy comics. Possible event?

Sea World
    We?ll plan our group trip to Sea World as soon as Jess and the new baby settle in (Congrats, Jess!)

Make-A-Wish event
    The 501st and Rebel Legion are doing a Make-A-Wish event for a kid in San Diego who loves clonetroopers. If anyone has Clone toys or stuff to donate, let us know!

4th Annual Unofficial Star Wars Fan Day at Disneyland
    The date hasn?t been announced, but I?m going to bet it?ll be June 21 or 28. Also, if anyone has some artistic skills, the OC planners are looking for artwork for this year. Something that has to do with 4 and something that has as little Disney as possible (cuz Disney doesn?t like us using their stuff).

John Williams at the Hollywood Bowl
    John Williams is doing his yearly concert in Hollywood on Saturday August 30. Tickets are $25 a piece. Let me know if you want to go so I can add you to the list. We (LAFF, OCSWS, IEFF, SDFF, RL, 501st, and Liningup.net) have almost 100 seats reserved between all of us, so we should have some extras to spare. Money isn?t due until summer, so if you have any interest, just let us know.

Star Wars Weekend at Legoland
    We have not a lot of info yet. It originally was planned for Labor Day Weekend, but it might be changed now.

2. GreyJedi

GreyJedi Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    The Legoland event has been moved to September 13-14.

Thanks for the minutes, Rachel. :)

3. me-gonk

me-gonk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    Thank you so much for the minutes Rachel!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.